By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

I'm pretty sure they're gonna go nuts, and make an Inception-like story line.

Could be interesting. I can't see anywhere else they could go at this point, and not be redundant.

Around the Network

Wut? Didn't the 3rd one kinda completely finish everything? I mean, how do you continue from where it left off?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

I liked the first one in spite of the fact that Neo came back from the dead because of Trinity's wish love. Or is is love wish? They can do whatever they want after that nonsense. Except for one thing. It can't be a prequel. Not with Neo in it. Because all his scenes would be nothing more than daily minutia, and I guess maybe some hacking? And a bunch of other reasons. Send me a PM and subscribe to my newsletter to find out more.

Chinese food for breakfast

I'm a huge Matrix fan so this is great news. Also thank GOD it's not a reboot. I can't wait to watch this one.

Keannu Reves has had one of the biggest resurgences an actor could ask for.

Unpopular opinion: but i really enjoyed the PS2 Matrix games, i just had a lot of fun with them...

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Keannu Reves has had one of the biggest resurgences an actor could ask for.

Unpopular opinion: but i really enjoyed the PS2 Matrix games, i just had a lot of fun with them...

John Wick was feckin' awsem! With a pencil!

Chinese food for breakfast

dharh said:
JRPGfan said:
The last one, with him haveing "powers" over them outsides, in the real world... and the bad storyline, kinda blew it.

I honestly dont want to see a 4th.
Let something that was good as a triology lay, and do something new instead.

Was it the outside?  Are we not all living in a simulator?  A movie about machines creating a matrix within a matrix to escape from to give us the illusion that we are freeing ourselves of The Matrix? While us watching the movie are inside of A Matrix?  Blew your mind.

Also.  New doesn't exist anymore.  The entertainment industry is pretty much out of material at this point.

Thats basically the "only" way I can see them makeing sense of it...

Spoiler!
Eeryone died in the third movie and the plot was resolved, what the hell is left to tell?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

While I like Keanu Reeves as an actor for sure, I've seen a lot of Wachowski movies over the years and have enjoyed only two: Bound and The Matrix (the original only). Well and The Animatrix actually, but that wasn't a movie and it also mostly wasn't made by the Wachowskis. Also, everything that was ever halfway a hit gets either remade or a sequel after about 20 years. It works out well about 5% of the time in my observation. For these reasons, in keeping with the spirit of this franchise, I'm skeptical. But I'm willing to give it a chance because I enjoyed the original. Not the sequels, but the original.

COKTOE said:
I liked the first one in spite of the fact that Neo came back from the dead because of Trinity's wish love. Or is is love wish? They can do whatever they want after that nonsense.

I didn't interpret it as him coming back because Trinity wished it.
The Oracle told Neo that he was in fact not The One. But she also left him with this message:"Being The One is just like being in love. No one can tell you you're in love, you just know it." 
Just like everything in the Matrix, as Morpehous demonstrated to Neo when explaining why he was faster and stronger than him, the limitations on a person is related to what they're able to believe. If his brain thinks he hit the pavement for real, he will start to bleed. Neo didn't fully believe that he was The One, until that moment, because of what The Oracle had told him.

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 August 2019