By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

I liked the first one in spite of the fact that Neo came back from the dead because of Trinity's wish love. Or is is love wish? They can do whatever they want after that nonsense. Except for one thing. It can't be a prequel. Not with Neo in it. Because all his scenes would be nothing more than daily minutia, and I guess maybe some hacking? And a bunch of other reasons. Send me a PM and subscribe to my newsletter to find out more.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I'm a huge Matrix fan so this is great news. Also thank GOD it's not a reboot. I can't wait to watch this one.

Keannu Reves has had one of the biggest resurgences an actor could ask for.

Unpopular opinion: but i really enjoyed the PS2 Matrix games, i just had a lot of fun with them...

estebxx said:
Keannu Reves has had one of the biggest resurgences an actor could ask for.

Unpopular opinion: but i really enjoyed the PS2 Matrix games, i just had a lot of fun with them...

John Wick was feckin' awsem! With a pencil!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

dharh said:
JRPGfan said:
The last one, with him haveing "powers" over them outsides, in the real world... and the bad storyline, kinda blew it.

I honestly dont want to see a 4th.
Let something that was good as a triology lay, and do something new instead.

Was it the outside?  Are we not all living in a simulator?  A movie about machines creating a matrix within a matrix to escape from to give us the illusion that we are freeing ourselves of The Matrix? While us watching the movie are inside of A Matrix?  Blew your mind.

Also.  New doesn't exist anymore.  The entertainment industry is pretty much out of material at this point.

Thats basically the "only" way I can see them makeing sense of it...

Around the Network
Spoiler!
Eeryone died in the third movie and the plot was resolved, what the hell is left to tell?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

While I like Keanu Reeves as an actor for sure, I've seen a lot of Wachowski movies over the years and have enjoyed only two: Bound and The Matrix (the original only). Well and The Animatrix actually, but that wasn't a movie and it also mostly wasn't made by the Wachowskis. Also, everything that was ever halfway a hit gets either remade or a sequel after about 20 years. It works out well about 5% of the time in my observation. For these reasons, in keeping with the spirit of this franchise, I'm skeptical. But I'm willing to give it a chance because I enjoyed the original. Not the sequels, but the original.

Seems kinda pointless, but these days no franchise with any kind of name value gets away from companies trying to pull every last piece of profit out of it. Who knows, maybe they'll actually manage to make a second good Matrix film, though I'm not holding out much hope for that.

The first one is the only good one.

Signature goes here!

They shouldn't have even done the second one (although at the time I loved the idea), the trilogy was a blasphemy and bringing it back just to add insult to injury is perverse on a Disney Star Wars level.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."