Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: "You will see in the future some titles coming to a wider installed base"

Tagged games:

What do you think

DOn't do this SONY! 11 34.38%

Yes , bring it on 9 28.13%

Sony finally going to be ... 2 6.25%

Xbox has won 2 6.25%

Sony is doomed 1 3.13%

Bruh 7 21.88%

Total:32

This sounds like it's in line with the "PS4 will play nice with PS5" agenda Sony has. I believe their intent behind "multiplatform" is to have games appear across both systems the way games appeared on PS4 and Vita.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
melbye said:
Journey and Flower coming to Switch, eventually

Which makes sense, given people aren't buying a ps4 for Journey and Flower.  Might as well make some money by offering said games to Switch owners.  

Chrkeller said:
melbye said:
Journey and Flower coming to Switch, eventually

Which makes sense, given people aren't buying a ps4 for Journey and Flower.  Might as well make some money by offering said games to Switch owners.  

They will go as far as PC. They aren't going to prop up their competition. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Full quotation from that actual source below...

"In an interview, Shawn Layden, chairman of Sony’s game studios worldwide, said exclusive titles will still be a part of the company’s strategy, but that some games -- particularly multiplayer titles designed to be played on personal computers -- may see broader distribution.

“We must support the PlayStation platform -- that is nonnegotiable,” Layden said. “That said, you will see in the future some titles coming out of my collection of studios which may need to lean into a wider installed base.”

Sony is expected to announce a fifth generation of its popular PlayStation console in the near future. The current version launched in 2013."

Multiplayer titles design to be played on computers. Hmm. What Sony exclusives are multiplayer titles designed to be played on computers? That doesn't sound like anything Sony currently has. IMO OP is jumping to conclusions on this one.

Did you read my  " Original Post ", I bet to both of my ear you did not read a single of it. or even if you read you cannot read very well.

HollyGamer said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Full quotation from that actual source below...

"In an interview, Shawn Layden, chairman of Sony’s game studios worldwide, said exclusive titles will still be a part of the company’s strategy, but that some games -- particularly multiplayer titles designed to be played on personal computers -- may see broader distribution.

“We must support the PlayStation platform -- that is nonnegotiable,” Layden said. “That said, you will see in the future some titles coming out of my collection of studios which may need to lean into a wider installed base.”

Sony is expected to announce a fifth generation of its popular PlayStation console in the near future. The current version launched in 2013."

Multiplayer titles design to be played on computers. Hmm. What Sony exclusives are multiplayer titles designed to be played on computers? That doesn't sound like anything Sony currently has. IMO OP is jumping to conclusions on this one.

Did you read my  " Original Post ", I bet to both of my ear you did not read a single of it. or even if you read you cannot read very well.

I read it. I do not see what would make you think I didn't read it. Is there some point, or context that you think I missed? 

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Around the Network

Well, there it is:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/son-will-release-its-fast-paced-multiplayer-dungeon-crawler-readyset-heroes-on-the-epic-games-store/

EGS of all places, because of the split.

I mean, at least MS is actually releasing their games to an audience that's both bigger and means more to the platform the games are being released on.

They could have easily released this onto both EGS, Steam and GoG, but I guess ol Timmy boy's been making deals behind closed doors, because he hasn't mentioned anything about this. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 21 August 2019

Cerebralbore101 said:
HollyGamer said:

I read it. I do not see what would make you think I didn't read it. Is there some point, or context that you think I missed? 

Then why are you assuming i am "IMO OP is jumping to conclusions on this one."????????????

Chazore said:

Well, there it is:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/son-will-release-its-fast-paced-multiplayer-dungeon-crawler-readyset-heroes-on-the-epic-games-store/

EGS of all places, because of the split.

I mean, at least MS is actually releasing their games to an audience that's both bigger and means more to the platform the games are being released on.

They could have easily released this onto both EGS, Steam and GoG, but I guess ol Timmy boy's been making deals behind closed doors, because he hasn't mentioned anything about this. 

Yeah well, some people even mentioned about Ms and Sony going 3rd party for Nintendo LOL!!

Ganoncrotch said:
Interesting statement, I guess they have seen some success with titles on the psp and Vita so they could be interested in seeing if they could shift a few last gen ports to the Switch at some stage in the future? If they definitely don't want to get into the handheld market ever again then not selling to it is just leaving money on the table for no reason. Hard to explain that to shareholders.

Agreed. That will be a hard sell, but makes sense if they REALLY don't want to create new handheld hardware. That's a lot of Sony portable players not buying games anymore.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4

twintail said:
Chrkeller said:

They will go as far as PC. They aren't going to prop up their competition. 

I heard the same thing about Ori to the Switch.  Stranger things have happened.  Who knows for sure.