Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: "You will see in the future some titles coming to a wider installed base"

Tagged games:

What do you think

DOn't do this SONY! 11 34.38%

Yes , bring it on 9 28.13%

Sony finally going to be ... 2 6.25%

Xbox has won 2 6.25%

Sony is doomed 1 3.13%

Bruh 7 21.88%

Total:32

Seems reasonable. Ori, just an example, going to the switch isn't going to hurt Xbox sales. Off topic, but rare replay on the switch would sell very well.

Around the Network

The appeal of exclusive games will still be there and no doubt will hold the biggest weight. I can see Sony releasing more niche titles on Nintendo and PC easily to help boost sales. But still think games like God Of War will be on nothing but Sony consoles, just like Mario is only on Nintendo.

Hmm, pie.

Zoombael said:
vivster said:

Utopia.

Imagine actually having a choice in hardware. A man can dream.

You dream of torrents of garbage games? Not that you already have that... well... to each his own i guess.

I'm playing plenty of great multiplatform games, not sure what you mean. The torrent of garbage games already exists so i don't know what you are expecting here.

Great games aren't great because they're exclusive. They're exclusive because they're great. God beware if console makers would actually have to put any effort into their hardware instead of just money hatting exclusivity.

Last edited by vivster - on 20 August 2019

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Zoombael said:

You dream of torrents of garbage games? Not that you already have that... well... to each his own i guess.

I'm playing plenty of great multiplatform games, not sure what you mean. The torrent of garbage games already exists so i don't know what you are expecting here.

Great games aren't great because they're exclusive. They're exclusive because they're great. God beware if console makers would actually have to put any effort into their hardware instead of just money hatting exclusivity.

Yes you're right, console manufactures don't put any effort into their hardware and only moneyhat exclusives. /s

Journey and Flower coming to Switch, eventually

Nothing to see here, move along

Around the Network

I can't imagine what type of games this refers to, but I just don't see Sony putting their first party titles on Nintendo or Microsoft platforms; that wouldn't make sense for a company like Sony what with the crossplay debacle.

Well I would bet this mean PSNow one several platforms. And perhaps some titles that doesn't bring heavy HW sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Well since they have PSnow, I'm not sure what else they could do, if it's for releasing them to PC. MS has changed their stance in terms of releasing their games on PC onto Steam and their storefront. I would hope Sony takes that approach, but I highly doubt it.

I was never really into PSnow, and I don't like how it functions. I'm also not a fan of MP only offerings, as these days I play a select few for a time, and end up playing indie/SP games after a few games of an MP title.

I would see the platform you reach out to as more of an audience you could entertain, rather than an audience you want to treat less, but still make money from.

Full quotation from that actual source below...

"In an interview, Shawn Layden, chairman of Sony’s game studios worldwide, said exclusive titles will still be a part of the company’s strategy, but that some games -- particularly multiplayer titles designed to be played on personal computers -- may see broader distribution.

“We must support the PlayStation platform -- that is nonnegotiable,” Layden said. “That said, you will see in the future some titles coming out of my collection of studios which may need to lean into a wider installed base.”

Sony is expected to announce a fifth generation of its popular PlayStation console in the near future. The current version launched in 2013."

Multiplayer titles design to be played on computers. Hmm. What Sony exclusives are multiplayer titles designed to be played on computers? That doesn't sound like anything Sony currently has. IMO OP is jumping to conclusions on this one.

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Barkley said:

Microsoft have changed their tactic, it seems all games will come to Steam now. Halo MCC is launching on it after all, and AOE2:DE when previously AOE:DE didn't. It looks like they've given up on trying to push pc gamers to their terrible Windows store.

Gears 5 is also launching on Steam. So it's not just games that don't sell well for Microsoft. It's all games.

Yes i understand they changed it recently however the point is Sony should do what MS did and actually give there games a second wind. Sure it would be better if they confirmed all games however Sonys history tells otherwise.

When a game stops selling it doesnt hurt the playform anymore. Its strange why these brands still think that a game needs to stay a permanent exclusives when that actually benefits no one especally the devs who made it.

EDITED

Looks like things have changed and MS have changed there mind for future releases.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=240802&page=1#

Last edited by Azzanation - on 20 August 2019