By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying Borderlands 3?

Are you buying Borderlands 3?

Yes 14 29.17%

No 25 52.08%

Maybe 9 18.75%

Total:48
KManX89 said:

Is anyone still picking up BL3 after all the latest shenanigans?

As for me, no. Between the Randy Pitchford ordeal and 2K/Take Two sending goons to SupMatto's house, basically stalking and harassing him for 10 hours straight and getting his YouTube channel deleted, I'm all onboard the #BoycottBorderlands3 train. I'm not supporting these scumbags, which is exactly what buying the game new entails. 

Here's an idea: if they or any of these companies don't want their shit getting leaked, then they should impose better security measures.

“I will add that since I’ve had time to reflect on the situation, I’d say excitement got the better of my judgment,” SupMatto said. “As an adult, as someone who’s thought about it, it was a pretty shitty thing to do.”

Following the alleged visit from investigators, SupMatto’s Discord account was terminated for being “involved in selling, promoting or distributing cheats, hacks or cracked accounts.” He voluntarily closed his Twitter account, too, and later dispelled rumors that Take-Two and 2K were behind the disappearance of his profile.

SupMatto says he’s seen how online communities, many with disparate motives, have latched on to his story and used it to further online crusades against 2K, Gearbox, and others. He says many people commenting on the issue are “exaggerating” or don’t have all the facts. As a result, after issuing his latest video, SupMatto says he’s taking time away from his online activities.  https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/7/20758955/2k-games-borderlands-3-supmatto-defense-leaks-youtube

I admit that I chuckled a bit at how well that lined up with the OP.  

Around the Network

I would have if it were on Switch, but I doubt I will bother with it otherwise. I only played the first one and while I enjoyed it, there are other games I could be playing and enjoy more. Having it on the go however would have given me the extra time to fit it in.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nope, I'd much rather play and support Greedfall.

For sure. Borderlands games are fun! I couldn’t care less about some YouTube account getting deleted because they figured a way to look at private streams. I don’t know the guy, don’t care about him, and honestly I don’t care about the people that make the game either. The only thing that matters to me is if the final product is any good.

JEMC said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Yes, but after they release the ultimate/goty/gold/super duper edition with all the dlcs included.

This, and also on Steam.

These but on sale for <$10.01

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Epic gets the same treatment as EA from me, soooooo... Nope!

As for a short excerpt of the reasons why it gets that treatment, look up at Chazore's post

Same reasons why I won't be buying it plus the Take Two/2K assholes showing up at SupMatto's house and harassing/stalking him. That alone earns its spot on my blacklist, but Randy Bitchford adds plenty of fuel to the fire with all of his shenanigans. 

They deserve to lose money/sales for the shit they pulled, and I remind you that by buying the game new (hence giving them money), you ARE supporting these assholes, no way around it.

Ironic that you seem to hate greedy publishers yet love Capcom lol

KManX89 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Epic gets the same treatment as EA from me, soooooo... Nope!

As for a short excerpt of the reasons why it gets that treatment, look up at Chazore's post

Same reasons why I won't be buying it plus the Take Two/2K assholes showing up at SupMatto's house and harassing/stalking him. That alone earns its spot on my blacklist, but Randy Bitchford adds plenty of fuel to the fire with all of his shenanigans. 

They deserve to lose money/sales for the shit they pulled, and I remind you that by buying the game new (hence giving them money), you ARE supporting these assholes, no way around it.

Yes, same for me about Take two/2K. And it's about to be the same with Activision Blizzard at this rate. Warcraft Reforged will probably be the last thing from them I buy

I usually buy these games once all the dlc is out and the collection is on sale for £20.

I'll buy it on sale a few months after release, mainly because i won't have the time to fully engulf myself in it, until Late fall into winter. I'm working on Borderlands 1 again currently, but i only have the time to play it 1 day a week.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 17 August 2019