By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Obscure games you love to bits, and why you love them

Nautilus said:
Eternal Ring.Its a title from From that was made when they were still niche.I have to admit that the game is mediocre at best, but I find it so good.I guess its a mixture of having a decent story, excellent music and nostalgia from when I was younger.

I didn't know about Eternal Ring. It's not related to their upcoming Elden Ring, is it?

Around the Network

Advanced V.G. 2 on PS1. Amazing fighting game. Also, that story mode...

Ys 8. I absolutely love it and im very much waiting for Ys9. Not sure if that franchise would qualify as "obscure" but its certainly not very popular in the west.

Dulfite said:

You are my hero! I am now reading about this great memory from my childhood!

Glad I could be of service. Enjoy that oh so sweet trip down memory lane, mate.

I never actully played that one, though. I think it's full of japanese jokes and hommages, isn't it?

GoOnKid said:
Dulfite said:

You are my hero! I am now reading about this great memory from my childhood!

Glad I could be of service. Enjoy that oh so sweet trip down memory lane, mate.

I never actully played that one, though. I think it's full of japanese jokes and hommages, isn't it?

To the best of my recollection it was a very silly game haha.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Dulfite said:
I remember playing a game on N64 (I think?) And I just remember Mount Fuji (or something like that) being where this little town was set, and I wasn't his fat sword weliding dude that looked like Yajirobi from Dragon Ball. I cannot remember any other details and it has bothered my brain for years because I don't remember the game, but I enjoyed playing it immensly as a kid! If anyone knowz what this is I will be happy!

That was one of my favorite N64 games. Seriously, I liked it better than any N64 game not produced by Nintendo of Japan, and that includes any Rareware game.

Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. One of my favorite SRPGs of all time. I wish we could have gotten the entire series in the US, and I was floored when Sega announced a US release for Project Sakura Wars right out of the gate. 

Mount & Blade, although it has gotten some attention I still feel like this style of game is very underrated and it should become an entire genre of its own. I love starting the game with nothing and slowly building a band of mercenaries until I became so powerful I could usurp a kingdom and becomes its ruler. It kinda gives me a Berserk Band of the Hawks vibe.

Replicant said:
Nautilus said:
Eternal Ring.Its a title from From that was made when they were still niche.I have to admit that the game is mediocre at best, but I find it so good.I guess its a mixture of having a decent story, excellent music and nostalgia from when I was younger.

I didn't know about Eternal Ring. It's not related to their upcoming Elden Ring, is it?

No, not at all.It was a PS2 launch title, and it was about the Island of No Return, a place where a race of magical people lived.

They share the Ring part, but its completely unrelated.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

m0ney said:
Pemalite said:

Sacrifice. Rated as one of the best games of all time... But sadly seems forgotten to the marches of time.
Was a Hybrid RTS game.
Was visually impressive almost 20 years ago as well.

My PC couldn't handle it at the time, but by the time I had a new PC I had lost all interest in the RTS genre.

It was such an amazing game though. If any game deserves a remaster...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--