By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - does anyone still think that the 360 can win this console war?

Can Microsoft still win the console race? Microsoft can still win the HD console race, they just have alot of work to do! I believe in Microsoft.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

"I find it amazing that it is going to be so late in the generation that PS3 will be taking over second place"

Kinda reminds me of the SNES vs Genesis.

CaptainPrefrences said:
No.

Halo was its last chance in europe and it Phailed.

360 just has America, pardon, North America left to sell its consoles. It doesnt have the variety of games the ps3 has, and it isnt futureproof.

North Americans will end up buying more ps3's which will balance out the North American marketshare. There are lots of people buying ps triples now in my school, and I ask them why. They say:

I dont want to be playing halo and other multiplatform games in the futre.

I agree.

First off, nothing is futureproof. The concept of something being future proof is either naive or idiotic. Something better will always come along. It might be tomorrow, or it might be 10 years from now. The future is forever, and nothing is well built enough to stand against the test of time eternally. One day the PS3 will be considered a primitive and weak system that is only good as a novelty for collectors. This is the fate of all electronics no matter how many of them claim to be "futureproof."

Second off, you statement is inaccurate fanboy drivel. I could just as easily claim that the PS3 just has Gran Turismo 5 and a bunch of multiplatform games. If you want to refute someones claim you should try to do the bare minimum to provide an objective analysis as to why you are right. Fanboy drivel backed with anecdotal evidence will get you no where but a meaningless flame war.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
endimion said:
well that's the point I don't see PS 3 or 360 pushing past the Wii... but I can see the Wii trend slow down dramatically depending on what exactly is going on on the consumer side.... is like parents buying the last cool board game all their friend buy but at some point it ends up in the storage and nobody craves for it anymore... because it's not like the PS 2 were they could use it as a DVD player...

if the HD booms real hard on top of that you could see the Wii trend go down...

I do see Wii winning too but that scenario could be true too and more than some people think IMHO....

that's why when every console will be 3,5 year in that generation at least we'll see the real direction the market is taking...

It would take a lot more than just a HD boom to over throw the Wii. Last Nielson report had the number of people with a Wii and a HDTV to be very close to the number of people with a PS3/360 with a HDTV. There would have to be a boom in people caring about HD graphics in their video games. Currently that seems to be restricted to the hardcore uber geeks that are over represented on internet message boards.

The days where the Wii could be some flash in the pan that dies down quickly are long gone. The longer the trend of high Wii sales last, the less likely it is to ever become an overnight success that is forgotten tomorrow. The sales have proven to be sustained, and have increased over time. There would have to be a dramatic shift in consumer behavior very soon, or an act of god to end the Wii's dominance.

well 2,5 years in a trend is a really short time regarding the customer profile... I don't belive in the long gone idea... it might be more likely to stay like that.. but it's far for being proved to be a long lasting thing... we are not talking about MP3 players like Ipods here.... how many parents who bought that won't care about it soon... now how many parents that have those HD TV will buy a PS3 for the BR at least if not HD gaming (because if they don't have a HD console they can't really say/know if they care about better looking games (it's not better graphics by the way ;) ).... or buy a 360 because their kids ask for a console and the HD one is the same price than the Wii and can play their DVD....

what i'm saying it's not that Wii won't win.. I do believe the trend is strong enough.... but could be totally false too... we are not talking about something like MP3 players once again....

and when I said a boom in HD I was thinking more about BR gaining on the DVD market...

in short people still saying Wii is a fade after 2,5 year in the generation can still be right..... being consitent that long is a very good adventage but far from enough on that market...

PS where do you ge free nielsen study on the market I'm really interested... :) 

Personally I find it pretty funny that the PS3 was supposed to be the big bad console that was going to come out and crush everything. And here we have the Wii completely owning it almost everywhere except one or two very small countries in which the Sony fanboys there remind us of. It's really laughable to go into the Sales forum for example and see the Spain sales and know it's just some Sony fanboys wanking over the fact that the PS3 is actually outselling the Wii somewhere.

It's also laughable that the PS2 had about 5 times the sales of the Xbox but they think it's a huge victory that the PS3 might catch up to the Xbox 360 in a year or so. Oh how the mighty have fallen, lol.

Around the Network

Well, sorry, but we don't care about threads we have seen 50 times.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

No, I don't. The Wii is too far ahead, and the PS3 is gaining momentum, and I don't see anything in the future as of yet which can get the 360 its momentum back. Maybe Gears of War 2. If MS could release a Halo game every year, then maybe, but at this point no.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Legend11 said:
Personally I find it pretty funny that the PS3 was supposed to be the big bad console that was going to come out and crush everything. And here we have the Wii completely owning it almost everywhere except one or two very small countries in which the Sony fanboys there remind us of. It's really laughable to go into the Sales forum for example and see the Spain sales and know it's just some Sony fanboys wanking over the fact that the PS3 is actually outselling the Wii somewhere.

It's also laughable that the PS2 had about 5 times the sales of the Xbox but they think it's a huge victory that the PS3 might catch up to the Xbox 360 in a year or so. Oh how the mighty have fallen, lol.

i find it funny that you still havent answered the question.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Anyone who says it does needs a slap in the face from my friend Reality. He's a fun dude, but can be harsh. Like when he's raping your ignorant face.

funny how that 7.5mil lead turned into a 6.45mil lead real quick =P