By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - does anyone still think that the 360 can win this console war?

sorry for the logn thread title but i wanted to get the message out. i personally think that there is no chance that the 360 can win this console war. it has no new console sellers other than gears of war 2 but only people who will buy that are the 360 owners who have money left over from not buying a 360 game since COD4.

the ps3 has lots of potential with home and blu-ray and a bunch of awesome exclusive games coming out in the future. the wii is the same thing but it is cheaper and appeals to a wider audience + wii fit will make sales stay in high demand FOREVER.

overall wii will win then ps3 then the 360.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

I am so glad people from the future have come back in time to tell us which systems have or have not run out of system selling games. I am glad the days of a surprise new IP coming along and pushing systems by being such a great game are long gone in favor of people knowing exactly how every game on a given console will perform.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
I am so glad people from the future have come back in time to tell us which systems have or have not run out of system selling games. I am glad the days of a surprise new IP coming along and pushing systems by being such a great game are long gone in favor of people knowing exactly how every game on a given console will perform.

Don't beat around the bush, come on tell us what you really think....

Just kidding, in fact I agree with you - what's that saying: It ain't over tell the fat lady sings?

Well she's not singing yet, she might be humming a little bit but it is by no means over for anyone this generation.

But being the realist I am I have to ceede that Microsoft will most likely "loose" this generation in terms of Hardware sales numbers, but does that really mean they lost? I say not really, and to back that up I put forward that Microsoft has been able to increase their market share and will most likely increase their overall market share for the generation over the Xbox and last generation, they will also (barring some freak disaster) outsell the original Xbox with the Xbox360, and while they are not my forte the 360 is building some fairly good franchises with pretty damn good 3rd party support that will put Microsoft in line to do well with the NextBox so I say job well done for Microsoft, we can expect everyone to do as well as the leader or drop out if they can't if that were true we'd have nothing but boring monopolies everywhere (*cough* Microsoft in the PC world *cough*).

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

hahahaha just wait till starcraft gets here and you will find the perhaps last person who actually thinks that. I do not think 360 even has a chance at 2nd place.

Nope...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I don't see any reason why the Wii>PS3>360 trend should stop.

the ps2 has a higher chance.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

well yeah.... I think it's far from over....

my point is we don't know....

but you could see Wii slow done fast in the next 18 month at some point if the trend is passing... I mean we know a lot of parents casual gamers etc bought the console... the question is, is it a just a new fashion to have that will pass or last??? so either it last and you have Wii winning the gen or it passes in the next year or so and then the first place is available again

now the PS 3 and 360 fight is far from over.... if XB drop the price faster than PS in the future keep their "old" new exclu running.... keep getting good quality new IPs....get new exclu or get PS 3 exclu.... that could give the advantage to 360 again

now the PS 3 could keep going with there momentum... get new exclu, new good IPs and have a good price.... then they sure will get the 2nd and maybe the first if the bad scenario happens to Wii... plus how the BR market is growing

so we pretty much can say at that point.... the potential of each to grow in market share or to fall is far from over...

it's my opinion... and I think Wii will win for some reason and PS 3 and 360 will be close second and third... not really sure which one yet... but I have faith in the 360 potential to provide good games.... and lower their price relatively fast compare to PS 3 basing it more on the BR and the old IPs... I think BR was too early and old IPs might work for the first batch this gen... but could drop fast against new IPs in the future....

and this year E3 and TGS and else will tell us mors about the future... we don't really know much.... even with PS 3 when you think about it... what 2009 is comming up with is still unclear beside the old IPs

Reaslistically the 360 can't the only market up for graps for 360 is really America now they even lsot their chance in Europe after Halo.

"Like you know"