By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA comments on Switch support, says most players also own a PS4/X1 and often play the publisher’s games on those platforms

Sims and Plants vs Zombies garden warfare 2 I was kind of expecting them on switch. in the Sims case I know for a fact my daughter and her mother would love that. my daughter especially as her mom doesn't always allow her to use her pc to play it

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

No shade at those who still buy EA stuff, but it's genuinely nice to see some of our members not giving a f*** if they touch another EA game ever again.

I'd like to see them go Stadia exclusive TBH. Or have their headquarters swallowed by the Earth. Either way is good really.

Well... The issue with EA is that every game I've played by them kind of gives me the odd feeling of "I am sure I've played 14 or 15 versions of this game before." - Maybe it's just me...

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Not surprised. I would have done the same thing.

Angelv577 said:
Not surprised. I would have done the same thing.

I guess in the past year your stock values have also collapsed to around half.

Any other brilliant insights?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's easy to hate EA, because they are a horrible, horrible company. However, they are right on this one. Switch owners really don't want EA games, especially not half-assed ones, which all of them are. Sims on Switch should sell a good amount to casual gamers and ladyfolk, seems pretty stupid to not capitalize on that but hey, who cares? Definitely not us.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Skyrim must have sold terribly on the switch then...

Seriously, EA is dumb to ignore that much market share. Maybe they should try growing and cultivating a fan base on Nintendo systems so that they can take advantage of it? Just a thought...

EA is a huge company with tons more data than you or I have access to.  They're not ignoring Switch because they're dumb.  Their data tells them that it isn't a good fit for their games, for one reason or another.  That's a stone cold fact.  

I would’ve bought mass effect trilogy on the Switch...

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

VAMatt said:
gergroy said:

Seriously, EA is dumb to ignore that much market share. Maybe they should try growing and cultivating a fan base on Nintendo systems so that they can take advantage of it? Just a thought...

EA is a huge company with tons more data than you or I have access to.  They're not ignoring Switch because they're dumb.  Their data tells them that it isn't a good fit for their games, for one reason or another.  That's a stone cold fact.  

Because big corporations never make dumb decisions. Been following EA stock lately?

VAMatt said:
gergroy said:

They not even tried. How could they know? Plants vs Zombies, The sims, NFS, Dragon age, where are them? Only releasing EA sports titles are not an indicator of how successful they can be on switch. 

Guess they are fine with PSXB userbase giving easy money on micro transations and yearly rehashed sports titles. Can't blame them for their self indulgence

Last edited by 160rmf - on 31 July 2019

We reap what we sow

Well, Switch isn't hurting because of EA's non-support and EA isn't hurting by not supporting the Switch. I guess that cancels out.