By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA comments on Switch support, says most players also own a PS4/X1 and often play the publisher’s games on those platforms

BraLoD said:
The chance of a Switch onwer also having a PS4 is quite good, probably.
Their games selling more there is a fact.
But you have to invest to try to change that, if that's not the case then it will probably just never happen.
Well, not that I would care about it anyway, EA games might sell a whole damn lot on PS but that just doesn't really matter to me.

And when they go and run the Business Plan they don't see the ROI they want on that investment so they keep doing the same thing. Not that I would care =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I can't think of an EA game since Sims 2 that I've actually enjoyed. No big loss, they may as well not exist lmao.

gergroy said:
Skyrim must have sold terribly on the switch then...

It kinda did underperform, didnt it?

Jpcc86 said:
gergroy said:

It kinda did underperform, didnt it?

Nope, Bethssda has said on a few occasions that all of their games on Switch have performed well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Then make your games compatible with Switch user EA.

We know Switch user are different from PS4 and Xbox fans, but there are games that cater for that market. It's time you EA try to make special games like how Square Enix and Sega make different kind of games for specific platform.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
It's the reason why Madden 20 isn't on Switch. They looked at sales of Madden 18 and Madden 19 on Switch and then made the logical decision to forego a port of Madden 20. Sales numbers don't lie.

I know... I'm not sure how you can read his statement and not facepalm when you actually read what he is saying there.

His logic is that games they put out like Anthem are more likely to get played on the PS4 by users who might also have a Switch, ergo a Switch owner would play rather play their title on the PS4 than on the Switch... but that's not a choice, if a person who owns a Switch wants to check out Anthem then they can't choose to play it on the Switch and must check it elsewhere, that isn't saying that user has a preference to play it on the PS4, the choice simply doesn't exist to play it on the Switch, what this argument overlooks is that there are people who have a Switch, see a title which would fit nicely on the system, while... still owning a PS4 or gaming PC and when the EA title doesn't come to the Switch we think.... "fuck it" and don't buy the product.

This would be like a Gym only offering 12 month subs because they find that none of their customers buy anything other than a 12 month subscription, they instead choose to buy the 12 month option... because... of course, that is the only way to access said Gym, what about all the potential customers this would cost them who are interested in shorter terms? This Gym doesn't care because it's sold enough 12 month subs to keep the lights on, their argument works fine!

Wait until something shakes up EA's business model like when loot boxes have to force a warning label on the box like fags and booze does or when Fifa has to be 18s due to the potential gambling it contains, or when people who rant about EA all year don't have at least 3-4 EA titles bought in that same time period. They'll keep on doing what they're doing regardless.

As others have pointed out in the thread though.... not sure if people have seen the Switch library recently, not having EA Handegg Gambling Simulator 2019 on it isn't really creating a lack of anything to play.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

VAMatt said:
gergroy said:

Seriously, EA is dumb to ignore that much market share. Maybe they should try growing and cultivating a fan base on Nintendo systems so that they can take advantage of it? Just a thought...

EA is a huge company with tons more data than you or I have access to.  They're not ignoring Switch because they're dumb.  Their data tells them that it isn't a good fit for their games, for one reason or another.  That's a stone cold fact.  

Their data said no one wanted to play horror games, single player games, or turn based strategy games. Similar data bits from EA turned a game called Overstrike into Fused that failed epically. 

...How's that data playing out?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Still think it's really cute when Nintendo fans of all people try to tell other developers that they need to port their games to more platforms.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Still think it's really cute when Nintendo fans of all people try to tell other developers that they need to port their games to more platforms.

.....And I find it adorable when PC players fail to understand exclusives and freak out the moment they can't just get something on Steam.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

VAMatt said:
gergroy said:

Seriously, EA is dumb to ignore that much market share. Maybe they should try growing and cultivating a fan base on Nintendo systems so that they can take advantage of it? Just a thought...

EA is a huge company with tons more data than you or I have access to.  They're not ignoring Switch because they're dumb.  Their data tells them that it isn't a good fit for their games, for one reason or another.  That's a stone cold fact.  

Did you read all of my comment?  I pretty clearly stated that they should try growing a fanbase.  Obviously their data says there isn’t a market there right now, that doesn’t mean they can’t create one.