By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can't stop playing Dragon Quest Builders 2!

Tagged games:

Really, I can't. This is so much fun. The first game already surprised me, because I thought 'meh, another Minecraft-clone', but then it blew me away. Dragon Quest Builders works so much better than Minecraft. If you don't touch it because it looks like Minecraft, I recommend giving that demo a try.

And yes, Dragon Quest Builders 2 makes so much things better than the first one.

I could write more, but I have to complete a pyramid on the Isle of Awakening, so write what you think about this game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I wanted to play the first one, but Switch performance was rather poor to my liking, and SE still hasn't announced a PC port for either titles, and it seems like I'll be sitting out both games in their entirety.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Bandorr said:
Pretty damn good game yes.
Plenty of things I feel like I don't "get" yet.

Building rooms gets harder/more tedious when you are doing it for fun.
When you had a quest to build a room it was easy to see what you needed.
Now though I have to look it up and hope to remember or write it down.

If I want to build a barn, give me a blueprint of the barn. Or let me choose "build room" then "barn" and put a list of items I need in the top right.

Plus I really hate bricks you can't destroy. Based on playing the first one I'm sure I will get better hammers that will let me destroy them, but waiting is annoying.

I am having to build rooms around bricks I can't break. And nothing is even so I have to fill it in etc. Gets annoying.

Hmm, yes, one improvement over the first game is showing you what you need for a quest or a blueprint. But if you build on your own this is missing. Selecting a room from builderpedia and getting items similarly marked would be incredibly helpful. Good idea, Square should patch it in.

Your hammer gets upgraded, yes.

And some stuff needs to be unbreakable for quests, riddles and story. Like the naviglobes and so on. I think that is OK.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I actually got addicted by the demo of the first one lol.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I really liked the first Dragon Quest Builders, but I haven't tried the second one yet. I'll probably pick it up at some point. The good games come out faster than I can play them.

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
I actually got addicted by the demo of the first one lol.

Yeah, same for me. Really, I downloaded the demo of the first one thinking 'just another Minecraft-clone, but I could test out the free demo for like 10 minutes'. I played the demo for two or three hours and was already deep into making my city better and better and stepped on that teleportal - and the game said that this is not part of the demo. At this point I realized I had totally forgotten playing a demo. And it was still weeks until the release of the full game. I couldn't wait. I needed more materials to improve my city now!

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I really liked the first Dragon Quest Builders, but I haven't tried the second one yet. I'll probably pick it up at some point. The good games come out faster than I can play them.

Yeah well, I preordered Fire Emblem and did not even look at it as I still play DQB2.