By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dune Remake Complete

Would have loved to see what Jodorowsky's adaptation would have turned out.

Around the Network

Nice. I can't wait to complain next year it has flopped, after being eclipsed by another Comic Book Hero: The Movie: The Sequel to the Remake.

I liked the first movie. It is a cult classic at this point. I hope this remake is good, but it's likely it wil flop. Dune is special, but not really popular.

The spice must flow...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

weaveworld said:

As much as I loved the David Lynch movie, I am afraid they will not come close to the experience the book gives when reading. It's the same as with Ender's game, if you really want to take the awesomeness from the books to the screen, you have to make a non-Hollywood movie. And that is not happening since the audience doesn't have the patience anymore to sit through dialogues and voice-overs that portray thoughts. It would become too boring for most. 

This might just become another Sci-fi action movie deprived of the depths of the book. But... let's wait and see.

Im not too into reading Sci-fi, but man.... highly recammend reading "Orson Scott Card - The ender Saga" and after that, the follow up "The Shadow Saga".  In total its like 11-12 books, but their easy reads, and not that long.

If you watched the movie first, and then thought "I wonder what the books are like?", go read them.
Even though the movie is decent, the books are vastly better.

haxxiy said:
Nice. I can't wait to complain next year it has flopped, after being eclipsed by another Comic Book Hero: The Movie: The Sequel to the Remake.

The sad reality is that will probably happend.
Its like hollywood, isnt even trying to tell good storys anymore.

They just chase the easy buck, and know that even crappy bullsh*t action movies, or super hero films, generate sure profit time and time again.
When people complain that theres too many super hero movies, we need to realise the only way to change that is to go support the other types of films.

Around the Network

I’ll see it... but I don’t have much hope of it being good.... Dune is an incredibly dense novel and trying to condense that down to a couple hours... I just don’t see it. The first movie was a train wreck... it really needs a mini series... which I guess there is one... it just needs a better mini series...

gergroy said:
I’ll see it... but I don’t have much hope of it being good.... Dune is an incredibly dense novel and trying to condense that down to a couple hours... I just don’t see it. The first movie was a train wreck... it really needs a mini series... which I guess there is one... it just needs a better mini series...

Would love to see the IP in the hands of HBO.

Well Brian Herbert did tweet "filming of the FIRST movie is complete" so I expect this to be a multipart movie.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I just want to say that the remake is not complete. All filming has wrapped. There is still a lot of time for CGI, production, and editing.

I am cautiously optimistic about this film. Lynch's Dune is one of my favorite films of all time, even though he completely ruined the ending. The miniseries on the SciFi channel in the early 2000s was too terrible to watch. They completely miscast Paul (made him a sniveling whiny, almost Luke on Tatooine character), and the costumes looked like they were designed by the losing bracket of one of those reality show competitions.

I'll stay away from everything about the movie, including scenes, screenshots, script, plot, and especially reviews and previews since I'm one of those very spoil-sensitive individuals. But hopefully after its release we're all celebrating a non-Marvel or DC movie with sequel potential being both a box office hit and a critical favorite. Then just maybe we'll get an amazing Children of Dune by 2023 (pretty sure Dune Messiah isn't really a Hollywood film).

JRPGfan said:
gergroy said:

Would love to see the IP in the hands of HBO.

YES!!!! That would be freaking amazing!!!  Even one of the streaming services like Netflix or amazon would be good if they put enough money into it, but HBO would be perfect!