By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bring Back KIller Instinct

What the headline says, bring back KI.

KI is one of the few fighting games that has survived the distance and managed to create its very own fanbase back in the 90s and it also was one of the unique fighting games on the market. KI began as a tech demo by Rare for the SNES which shortly after became its own game. KI2 came out exclusive to the Arcades which was a giant success and Gold was released for the N64 which was basically a water downed version of KI2 on the Arcades. 

Than came 2013 for the XB1, a trailer was shown with the reboot of KI known as KI 2013. It started out as a free game with a 6 character roster which rotated every few weeks with the free character set-up. Today KI 2013 houses 29 characters with a ton of unique stages and has the best net code of any fighting game to date.

Must watch for KI Fans below

Killer Instinct Game Releases

(1994) Killer Instinct - SNES

(1996) Killer Instinct 2 - ARCADE

(1997) Killer Instinct Gold - N64

(2013) Killer Instinct - XB1

KI has some of the best fighting music of any, Some examples below

MS needs to bring Killer Instinct to the next generation and maybe the Switch too ;)

#BringBackKI

Last edited by Azzanation - on 28 July 2019

Around the Network

KI is one of the best fighting games this generation. If there is a studio MS should acquire, Iron Galaxy would be a great fit.

Given that the third season of Killer Instinct was released in 2016, only 3 years ago, I think "Bring Back Killer Instinct" is a bit of an over exaggeration.

Great series though. And I wouldn't say no to a new entry.

I can't say I am a big fan of the series but still yes, bring it. More variety in the fighting genre is always welcome.

The way the game was released probably didn't help it, with a bare-bone release and additional seasons sold later.

Other than that, the game was extremely solid, probably one of the best fighters of this generation... Would rather they just nutted away in a corner and built something geared for next-gen though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I'm not into fighting games myself, but a Switch port is a good idea.

Mortal Kombat 11 is a fairly good example of how it could be done, that was made for PS4/Xbone but brought over to Switch in pretty good shape while still  being 60fps.

Nintendo and Switch owners get a quality fighter, MS gets some extra income, win-win.

dx11332sega said:
Guys I hope theres a Ps4 port its easier to do combo's than dragon ball fighter z , Killer instinct on Xbox one is very fun I mashed heavy punch and move d pad wild in a hadoken way without combo assist turned on ,I love it and ultras are easy to activate , PS4 needs this awesome game ^^, So easy a casuals can do it , I'm enjoying my playtime with it, Bring KI to PS4 and Switch please Phil Spencer

Maybe if GamePass was available on PS4 than I can actually see KI coming over to PS's eco-system however I think that's more Sony letting it happen rather than MS allowing it to happen. 

A Switch port does sound more likely since MS and Nintendo have a good relationship and I feel MS use the Switch as there Portable device.