By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom, Doom II, and Doom 3 now available for Switch, PS4, and Xbox One; Doom and Doom II for smartphones

Article:

Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer id Software have released Doom (1993), Doom II (Classic), and Doom 3 digitally for PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One, and Doom and Doom II for iOS and Android devices. Doom and Doom II cost $4.99 each, while Doom 3 costs $9.99.

Doom

Celebrate DOOM’s 25th anniversary with the re-release of the original DOOM (1993). First released in 1993, DOOM introduced millions of gamers to the fast-paced, white-knuckle, demon-slaying action the franchise is known for.

Experience the classic demon-blasting fun that popularized the genre home or on-the-go.

DOOM (1993) includes:
The expansion, Episode IV: Thy Flesh Consumed, with 9 additional action-packed levels
Local 4 player deathmatch
Local 4 player co-op

Doom II

Celebrate DOOM’s 25th anniversary with the re-release of DOOM II. This beloved sequel to the groundbreaking DOOM (1993) gave players the brutal Super Shotgun to bear against deadlier demons, and the infamous boss, the Icon of Sin.

Battle the demon hordes at home or on-the-go on Nintendo Switch.

The re-release of DOOM II includes:
The Master Levels, 20 additional levels made by the community and supervised by the developers
Local 4 player multiplayer
Local 4 player co-op
To save Earth, you must descend into the depths of hell, survive demon hordes, and take part in the fiercest battle ever.

Doom 3

Celebrate DOOM’s 25th anniversary with the release of DOOM 3, available for the first time on Nintendo consoles.

In this critically acclaimed action-horror re-telling of the original DOOM, players must battle their way through a demon-infested facility before entering the abyss to battle Hell’s mightiest warrior – and put an end to the invasion.

DOOM 3 includes the Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Missions expansion packs.

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 26 July 2019

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Oh, shit! This is Direct worthy! I wonder if there will be a bundle for this...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This was unexpected! This may have been announced a little early because the pages for each game are blank lol

WOOOOAAAAHHH

Halloween's come early, baby!

This is so cool! Do we know if this is the original incarnation of Doom 3? I remember that the BFG version added an always-on flashlight, which kind of robs the game of its atmosphere.

Around the Network

So the Switch is doomed?

I don't think I ever beat Doom 3. That game was scary. Still remember vividly Freshman year in college having all lights off in dorm and volume up loud playing that game. Always had to quit after like an hour because heart beating too fast. The way I play games does not fit that style, lol. I like to go slow, meticulous, scour every area for all objects and be stealthy. Can't stealth as enemies pop out when you reach certain spots, always scaring you. Just a nerve wrecking experience. Loved it and hated it, lol

Feel like that was around the time Resident Evil and Doom switched roles. Doom went to the scary shooter and Resident Evil went to guns blazing mode.

But damn, at those priced its worth grabbing all three even if not sure when or if will ever play them.

Conina said:
So the Switch is doomed?

Nintendoomed since 1889

Yeah it's a multiplatform release. Nothing direct worthy about it.

twintail said:
Ps4 and x1 too

Well technically they are all 3 available on Xbox one thanks to the bc program and those were also the enchanced editions but maybe their is a bit more with those collection not sure.