By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Three Houses reviews: Meta: 89, OC: 89

Tagged games:

Finished Chapter 3 yesterday, and holy cats does this game pull your heartstrings.

Spoiler!
The battle against Lonado wasn't portrayed in a heroic light in any way, and already the game is showing a more gray perspective on war, something the series used to be great at but kind of felt forgotten over the last few entries. Trying to attack Lonado with Ashe, only to find the boss refuses to fight back, was just heartbreaking.

Honestly, assuming the story doesn't shit itself as it goes on, this will probably dethrone Radiant Dawn and enter my top 3 FE games. Say what you want about the school life setting, but this game definitely takes the setting seriously, and easily is the best world-building since Tellius. Persona Emblem it is definitely not.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

Finished Chapter 3 yesterday, and holy cats does this game pull your heartstrings.

Spoiler!
The battle against Lonado wasn't portrayed in a heroic light in any way, and already the game is showing a more gray perspective on war, something the series used to be great at but kind of felt forgotten over the last few entries. Trying to attack Lonado with Ashe, only to find the boss refuses to fight back, was just heartbreaking.

Honestly, assuming the story doesn't shit itself as it goes on, this will probably dethrone Radiant Dawn and enter my top 3 FE games. Say what you want about the school life setting, but this game definitely takes the setting seriously, and easily is the best world-building since Tellius. Persona Emblem it is definitely not.

I'm right near the end of my first route (one of the Black Eagle routes) and the story hasn't slowed down, nor tripped up at all. The world building and storytelling remains fantastic throughout. This is not just my favourite FE, but now my equal favourite game of all time, they've smashed this out of the park.

Mar1217 said:

Just as you think you've figured some people motives or simpleness then your head gets flipped around ! It's truly great that almost everybody has their own personal agenda, struggles and feels unique in that way. All this complimented by an intricate setting too !

RingoGaSuki said:

I'm right near the end of my first route (one of the Black Eagle routes) and the story hasn't slowed down, nor tripped up at all. The world building and storytelling remains fantastic throughout. This is not just my favourite FE, but now my equal favourite game of all time, they've smashed this out of the park.

Ah man @_@ Excellent news! Seems I have a lot to look forward to. 

Really glad to see IS hasn't forgotten how to write a good story, and can incorporate feedback in a meaningful way. It seems like every issue I've had with the previous games has been largely addressed here. Can't wait to see how things play out.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

After 47 hours, I've finished my first runthrough (the Church route). Feelings on the endgame's specifics in the spoiler.

Spoiler!

Spoiler text.The last few chapters were fantastic, as was the rest of the game. The final battle with Rhea was hard as hell, but like always, Petra pulled through for me. 137 damage crit to finish Rhea off and save everybody's arse. She did the same against Edelgard a few chapters earlier and saved us there too. I stumbled into the church route (wanted to side with Edelgard, but messed up one of the decisions and realised too late) but it was fantastic as it is - Rhea is crazy as hell from this perspective as well though, so I'm glad it didn't just end with the fight against Edelgard. Flayn deserved to live too, she's a good Mint Pattie. 

Ferdinand and Bernadetta's support is actually the cutest thing ever too. I love how supportive he is of her. 

I wife'd Petra, because obviously she's the best girl. I really like how they left that decision until after the final battle, it feels more realistic imo.

This has been absolutely incredible from start to finish. Character design, world building, story, music, battles, everything. Not just my favourite FE, but it's now my equal favourite game of all time. They fucking nailed this, I had big expectations but I was still blown completely away. Very much looking forward to messing around with a few more missions in this file, and moving onto New Game+. Cannot wait to play through the other routes. I was planning on doing the Blue Lions/Golden Deer next, but I really want to see Edelgard's other route so I might just do that and ensure I go down that path this time. I'm going to get 200+ hours out of this, I can't stop playing.

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the english localization. With so many games made in Japan, I just turn on Japanese Subtitles after the first few hours, because the english voice acting is so damned bad. But this one so far, has had amazing voice acting. It's Funimation DBZ dub or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood dub quality!

Around the Network

Metascore is 88 right now.

As long as they attempt to sound like medieval European character rather than everyone (even the guys) talking with a valley girl accent like in Echoes of Valentina.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Very good game. A bit too much talking in some of the support elements, but still at least a 8/10 for me. I'm 13 hours in.

About 12 hours in now. I'm loving the customization options for all the characters. Currently building up Bernadetta and Petra into a flying Calvary duo. Bernadetta showers them with arrows, and then Petra comes in and gets easy crits because their HP is halved, and that's her unique power in the game.

Cerebralbore101 said:
About 12 hours in now. I'm loving the customization options for all the characters. Currently building up Bernadetta and Petra into a flying Calvary duo. Bernadetta showers them with arrows, and then Petra comes in and gets easy crits because their HP is halved, and that's her unique power in the game.

Good plan, I may steal...