By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 29, Jul 15 - 21 2019, Famitsu

Oh wow, surprised at Professional Baseball Spirits 2019's sales Has baseball always been popular in Japan or is this popularity a more recent thing?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Megiddo said:

I mean, the people who wanted a PS4 at the price they are currently selling them likely already have one. You're not going to see any significant increase until Sony drops the price.

But one thing certainly isn't dead, and that's new releases of PS4 software. PS4 absolutely dominates Japanese software sales of titles released in 2019.

Sounds like you have tallied up the numbers. What are they?

Roughly 4 million on PS4 to 2.5 million on Switch when including this week's numbers.

Keybladewielder said:

Oh wow, surprised at Professional Baseball Spirits 2019's sales Has baseball always been popular in Japan or is this popularity a more recent thing?

Baseball has been Japan's most popular sport for a long time.  

Megiddo said:
RolStoppable said:

Sounds like you have tallied up the numbers. What are they?

Roughly 4 million on PS4 to 2.5 million on Switch when including this week's numbers.

Source?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nuvendil said:
Keybladewielder said:

Baseball has been Japan's most popular sport for a long time.  

Oh, interesting.

Around the Network

Chris1964 from ResetEra Famitsu Game Data Library can really counteract a lot of nonsense on here.

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/home

As for Megiddo, if you just take the Famitsu top 100 for the first six months of 2019 the PS4 stands at roughly 3.367M games sold while the switch is at 1.842M, of games released in 2019, which he outlined. If you strip out first party, it gets more lopsided in Sony's favor.  Add the subsequent weeks and you get around the number he posted.

Train wreck said:

Chris1964 from ResetEra Famitsu Game Data Library can really counteract a lot of nonsense on here.

As for Megiddo, if you just take the Famitsu top 100 for the first six months of 2019 the PS4 stands at roughly 3.367M games sold while the switch is at 1.842M, of games released in 2019, which he outlined. If you strip out first party, it gets more lopsided in Sony's favor.  Add the subsequent weeks and you get around the number he posted.

That link you posted has Switch SW at 5.2m and PS4 at 4.6m as of week 25. Not sure what you are trying to prove.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Train wreck said:

That link you posted has Switch SW at 5.2m and PS4 at 4.6m as of week 25. Not sure what you are trying to prove.

I think it is amusing he highlights chris as well, when Chris number of times mentioned how horrible some companies treatment of the switch is. 

Last edited by Acevil - on 24 July 2019

Acevil said:
peachbuggy said:

I think it is amusing he highlights chris as well, when Chris number of times mentioned how horrible some companies treatment of the switch is. 

The way things are going in Japan, it is pretty staggering, the 3rd parties treatment of Switch in regards to titles released.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Train wreck said:

That is definitely true but notice his modifier in bold.