By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to repair all Joy-Con drifting free

mZuzek said:
As pointless as it could be. For one, because it doesn't cover the Pro controller, which also drifts - but more importantly, because simply getting a replacement doesn't mean it won't break again, it will. This seems like an easy thing to fix at a manufacturing level, they should just make new Joy-Con models.

This is just a short term solution. They have to do something now than just make promises for the future. Who knows if they will set a deadline for this, but it seemed like it is confirmed for NA while other regions are still uncomfirmed. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
mZuzek said:
As pointless as it could be. For one, because it doesn't cover the Pro controller, which also drifts - but more importantly, because simply getting a replacement doesn't mean it won't break again, it will. This seems like an easy thing to fix at a manufacturing level, they should just make new Joy-Con models.

This is just a short term solution. They have to do something now than just make promises for the future. Who knows if they will set a deadline for this, but it seemed like it is confirmed for NA while other regions are still uncomfirmed. 

I've heard of it being a thing even here in Brazil, where Nintendo doesn't normally do anything officially. So, yeah, probably goes a lot further than NA.

Great.

I hope they found a permanent fix and implemented in the revised model, I'll be waiting a bit before I buy it.

And what is with the PRO Controller?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

That's nice, but they have to fix it so it won't happen again.
Also dunno if that will apply here in Brazil as Nintendo is not officially here anymore.
But it's nice they are doing something.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

No special treatment due to lack of special circumstances.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:

No special treatment due to lack of special circumstances.

So we PRO users need to start a class action lawsuit on our own.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm sure that in their upcoming earnings report they will most likely have some kind of impairment charge for the cost to fix these and money aside for the class action lawsuit that is still moving forward.

Also, there is no mention of an actual fix for the Joy-con itself, the current Switch model, upcoming Switch Lite or new Switch original model that prevents this problem from happening again...but it's good to see they are taking some kind of action.

None of my joy-cons have ever had "stiff" sticks. There was always some level of wobble to them, unlike the pro controller's joystick. I imagine the "drift" people are referring to is something I haven't yet experienced, but probably will at some point. I remember my early Gamecube controllers all suffered from this problem, and the little "circular grippy pattern" on the surface of the joysticks would also rub off. Gamecube controllers that I purchased later in the lifecycle of the console never had this problem, so I assume Nintendo fixed it.

I've always felt the joy con sticks were too small and flimsy for my liking, but in the interests of keeping the console slim, maybe that was a compromise that had to be made. The sticks don't have as much range of motion as most traditional controllers would have with a joy stick.

I have been experiencing this weird issue lately while playing Streets of Rogue where my character will start walking to the left when playing as P2 in a local co-op game. I swapped my joy cons and the problem persisted, so I'm not sure if it's a problem with the game or maybe I'm not fully understanding the controls. I guess I just haven't looked into it enough to figure out what's happening as I haven't noticed it yet with other games.

(Edit: also, anyone elses' VGC session get killed around 8:40 am CST? I'm pretty sure I didn't log out... Just curious)

Sadly there's no official customer support in my country and the distributor has very bad reputation here, RIP my drifting joycon.

I know... my English sucks.