By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Staff Writers Wanted [Applications Now Closed]

I'm applying. My site has some articles and review samples. Just posted my impressions of the new Oninaki demo that dropped today.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Machina said:

The current rate is $10 per 1,000 unique hits on the writer's articles each month.

So going by the views per article, that would mean about 10-30 dollar per article.

Not enough to feed your belly on it's own, but if you can make some earnings from your hobby while you have another main income, why not give it a try?

Unique views, not total views.

Writing for this site has been really enjoyable, so I'd encourage anybody remotely interested to give it a shot. The other writers are a friendly bunch, and the pace here is laid back enough that there's rarely any pressure to get anything published, you can mostly do it as-and-when.

Kresnik said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

So going by the views per article, that would mean about 10-30 dollar per article.

Not enough to feed your belly on it's own, but if you can make some earnings from your hobby while you have another main income, why not give it a try?

Writing for this site has been really enjoyable, so I'd encourage anybody remotely interested to give it a shot. The other writers are a friendly bunch, and the pace here is laid back enough that there's rarely any pressure to get anything published, you can mostly do it as-and-when.

So this is less a side hustle and more like a hobby that brings in a little bit of cash? About how much time do you feel the need to invest in this each week? And how much do you actually end up investing? My job is full time plus overtime, averaging 50 hours a week, so I wouldn't be able to put a ton of time into this, but it might be fun.

Kresnik said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Yeah, but is there a way to see the unique views? Without that, the only way I got to calculate it is with the total views and hope that not too many read an article twice.

I am a writer myself and really interested, but right now i'm also buried in work and fallen behind, so I simply wouldn't have time for it in the near future. Once my schedule clears up a bit, I'm willing to give it a shot, but for the next 2 months, I simply don't have enough time for it.

i'll apply as a veteran though...

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

What is the team's review scoring scale?

Check out our scoring methodology here

I just wanted to highlight this to give props for the well-considered methodology.  It's weird to see a succinct written explanation of VGC's review mindset that closely mirrors my own thoughts.

EDIT:  Though I'm one of those types that digs the 0-10 scorecard, just to award a 0 with the same rarity of a 10, like Ride to Hell: Retribution from last gen.

Thanks so much! When we returned to scored reviews it was important to establish a balanced and transparent scoring process.

Last edited by Veknoid_Outcast - on 24 July 2019

This sounds interesting and I wish you great luck in finding good writers! A few questions of my own:

Do you use a wordpress-based CMS to submit content?

Is there a minimum requirement for the number of articles / words / characters one has to write in a given week or month?

Are there any guidelines regarding minimum / maximum word count and media integration (a minimum / maximum number of pictures maybe?)

How many unique views do articles generate, typically? (I know this probably fluctuates a lot, but a rough idea would be helpful).

Do you have to be a Nintendo fan?

❌ BANNED: Trolling (a history of this) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 July 2019

I'd love to write some stuff for the site, but I'm not sure if I would be able to play the games enough (or in time) to make an appropiate review. I'd rather write about old or obscure games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'd love to write some stuff for the site, but I'm not sure if I would be able to play the games enough (or in time) to make an appropiate review. I'd rather write about old or obscure games.

We have room for both!

Writers can tackle new games in an official review like Chinh did with GORN, or ancient games via article like I did recently with The Legend of Zelda.