By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do your Joycon drift?

Yes 51 63.75%

No 29 36.25%

Total:80

Nintendo responded and the answer was some PR BS as always.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

Mine don't drift.

Sadly, my right Joycon instead doesn't work independently anymore, only in conjunction with the left one, either connected to the Switch or to the grip. Pick your poison...

Rafie said:
Day one Switch owner and I have a left joy-con drift problem. I've always had it. Bought my children a Switch this past Christmas and they also have the drift problem. It certainly isn't a common issue in ALL consoles like someone posted here previously. This is a major issue that Nintendo needs to fix. My Pro controller is excellent tho. I've put hundreds of hours on it and it works just as perfect as it as the day it launched.

Agreed about the Pro Controller.  We have two of them and both have been flawless.  

I have been wondering what was going on lately with the share. The whole boost of the Lite annoucement has vanished and I could not find an explanation.

What else could it be ? EVERY boost and de-boost had a specific reason.

That explains why sometimes my analog stick has a mind of its own. Thought I was the only one, looked it up, appears to be a common defect. They better have it fixed with the new switch model, can't change joycons with that model.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Yeah. My original Blue and Red have drifted.
I bought the Green and Pink (Splatoon) in January and its working fine for now.

But I also bought the 8bitdo stick which is a USB you plug on to the Switch dock so you can use a Wii U Pro and PS4 controller (I think some Xbone controllers also work) for your Switch. I had a white and Black Wii U Pro controller so it was perfect for me. And I suggest people should do it too.

You can use a ps4 controller on the switch? I'm definitely "Switching" :P

Free repairs but most repairs take 2 weeks.

think-man said:
Jranation said:
Yeah. My original Blue and Red have drifted.
I bought the Green and Pink (Splatoon) in January and its working fine for now.

But I also bought the 8bitdo stick which is a USB you plug on to the Switch dock so you can use a Wii U Pro and PS4 controller (I think some Xbone controllers also work) for your Switch. I had a white and Black Wii U Pro controller so it was perfect for me. And I suggest people should do it too.

You can use a ps4 controller on the switch? I'm definitely "Switching" :P

Yeah. That is what it says on the 8bitdo description.  I dont have a PS4 controller so I cant test it, you can search on forums online for those who have tried it. It will save people a lot of money. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

jason1637 said:

Free repairs but most repairs take 2 weeks.

That's all I wanted to see though. I have a controller that works, so I'll make it for those two weeks. At least this isn't replacing entire consoles like with RROD. Free Joy-Con repairs are pennies by comparison.

Sure enough, the PS4 controller on Switch thing is real:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/3/2/17071812/nintendo-switch-8bitdo-wireless-usb-adapter

Edit: And here's an article on the free Joy-Con repairs, for those interested.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/23/20707849/nintendo-will-reportedly-fix-joy-con-drift-for-free-even-out-of-warranty