By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do your Joycon drift?

Yes 51 63.75%

No 29 36.25%

Total:80
Amnesia said:

I have been wondering what was going on lately with the share. The whole boost of the Lite annoucement has vanished and I could not find an explanation.

What else could it be ? EVERY boost and de-boost had a specific reason.

Considering that their quarterly report is just around the corner, this are probably short-sellers who are expecting (or hoping for) a negative outlook.

Also, it's above the long-term line, so at least a part of it is simply profit-taking from earlier buys.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Amnesia said:

I have been wondering what was going on lately with the share. The whole boost of the Lite annoucement has vanished and I could not find an explanation.

What else could it be ? EVERY boost and de-boost had a specific reason.

Considering that their quarterly report is just around the corner, this are probably short-sellers who are expecting (or hoping for) a negative outlook.

Also, it's above the long-term line, so at least a part of it is simply profit-taking from earlier buys.

Nope, the shape of the decrease these last 8 days doesn't look like the compulsive short reseller, the decrease is different. What people can not or doesn want to understand, is that the joycon which equip the Lite rare the same, and NO they can't fix the problem before the Lite reaches the stores, they will sell 3 to 5 millions of defect consoles, or they will cancel the launch to save their reputation of delivering good video game material.

Amnesia said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Nope, the shape of the decrease these last 8 days doesn't look like the compulsive short reseller, the decrease is different. What people can not or doesn want to understand, is that the joycon which equip the Lite rare the same, and NO they can't fix the problem before the Lite reaches the stores, they will sell 3 to 5 millions of defect consoles, or they will cancel the launch to save their reputation of delivering good video game material.

Yeah, the trajectory is a bit off for it. But I'm not convinced it's entirely because of the Joycon drift, either. The drop started too early for that in my opinion.

And I think you meant the thumbsticks are the same on the lite, as it doesn't have proper joycons and even if it did, the size and tech included would be different since many features of them are missing.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Amnesia said:

Yeah, the trajectory is a bit off for it. But I'm not convinced it's entirely because of the Joycon drift, either. The drop started too early for that in my opinion.

And I think you meant the thumbsticks are the same on the lite, as it doesn't have proper joycons and even if it did, the size and tech included would be different since many features of them are missing.

My friend thinks that they obviously revised it for the Lite expecially to make it more resistant for younger players, so then WHY they did not precised it and instead, made a non-statement completly empty ? which basicaly says : "try your luck at our support service".

I estimate the start of the drop 7-8 days ago from right now. I have noticed that despite searching twice a day news about Nintendo, their sales and the share on Google, there are always many investors 2-3 days ahead of me with a better anticipation.

Last edited by Amnesia - on 24 July 2019

3 out of 4 JoyCons drifted, but I used contact cleaning spray and they are back in action like nothing ever happened and now I am so happy again! I advise anybody to try that as the first reaction.

Around the Network

I submitted a support ticket with Nintendo America. My left joy-con has been drifting for a long time and nothing helps. They are probably overwhelmed with repair request so no clue how long it will take before I get an answer.

It's not just the joy-cons that drift. Wired xbox 360 controller had the same problem, free replacement. DS4s all fail with one thing or another after a while. Cheaply build shit doesn't last. With DS4 it's starting to become a game of which controller is still good enough for which games lol. It's either one of the triggers that fails or one of the analog sticks.

GoOnKid said:

3 out of 4 JoyCons drifted, but I used contact cleaning spray and they are back in action like nothing ever happened and now I am so happy again! I advise anybody to try that as the first reaction.

How'd you apply it? Did you have to take it apart at all or just spray it into the stick?

HylianSwordsman said:
GoOnKid said:

How'd you apply it? Did you have to take it apart at all or just spray it into the stick?

Just pull up that small black rubber cover beneath the sticks with some tweezers and then give the white steak underneath a quick burst. I am not handy enough to do that all alone so we did it together. Then rotating the stick for a good minute or two and let it rest for some hours.

GoOnKid said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Just pull up that small black rubber cover beneath the sticks with some tweezers and then give the white steak underneath a quick burst. I am not handy enough to do that all alone so we did it together. Then rotating the stick for a good minute or two and let it rest for some hours.

"How'd you apply it?  Just spray into the stick?" Swordsman questioned.  

"Just pull up...give the white steak underneath a quick burst, I'm not handy enough to do it alone, let's do it together" Kid answered enthusiastically and added, "Yeah and then rotate it for a good minute or two and then I'll need a few hours".

Sorry guys, I could't resist.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
GoOnKid said:

"How'd you apply it?  Just spray into the stick?" Swordsman questioned.  

"Just pull up...give the white steak underneath a quick burst, I'm not handy enough to do it alone, let's do it together" Kid answered enthusiastically and added, "Yeah and then rotate it for a good minute or two and then I'll need a few hours".

Sorry guys, I could't resist.

I don't get it.

Edit: Oh! now I get it...