By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Do You Think to the Nintendo Switch Lite?

What Do You Think to the Nintendo Switch Lite?

Excellent idea, can't wait to buy one 150 12.71%

Good idea, could be better though 346 29.32%

Not sure yet, could go either way 92 7.80%

Not good, probably won't buy 124 10.51%

Awful idea, zero interest 360 30.51%

Other 108 9.15%

Total:1,180
nemo37 said:
I think the poll is double barrelled. I think it's a fantastic idea for people that want portability and/or a lower price; this is especially a good time to lower the price point since Pokemon is right around the corner. However, I am personally not interested in it since I am happy with my current Switch.

Let us call the NSL what it truly is: Nothing more or less than the successor to the 3DS which is kind of weird cause instead of having a dedicated home system along with a dedicated handheld one, Nintendo has now a dedicated handheld together with a hybrid system.

Perhaps the future Switch Pro should be a dedicated home console to make things right.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 15 July 2019

Around the Network

If it's built better and the JoyCons won't get wrecked by my kids then I'll buy it. That's my biggest issue, the JoyCons fail to damn easily. Not to mention ripping the JoyCons on and off just destroys the system, so that no longer being an option is a big plus as well.

I mean, can we get "pro" grade joycons already?!

Machina said:

This week's front page poll - what do you think to the Nintendo Switch Lite, at least from what we've seen and heard so far?

The portability is what I want/need the least, so it has the same reason I won't be getting one.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
nemo37 said:
I think the poll is double barrelled. I think it's a fantastic idea for people that want portability and/or a lower price; this is especially a good time to lower the price point since Pokemon is right around the corner. However, I am personally not interested in it since I am happy with my current Switch.

Let us call the NSL what it truly is: Nothing more or less than the successor to the 3DS which is kind of weird cause instead of having a dedicated home system along with a dedicated handheld one, Nintendo has now a dedicated handheld together with a hybrid system.

Perhaps the future Switch Pro should be a dedicated home console to make things right.

I'm just happy the portable and home software lineups are now the same.  I think Nintendo was too thin by having to support software for two different devices.  

*What do you think OF the Nintendo Switch Lite?

Eh...not for me. Happy for people with kids in the house and handheld gamers. My Switch is docked 85-90% of the time and I like it that way.

Around the Network

I think Lite is a good idea. Don't have a Switch jet, gonna buy this one since I would use it as portable only anyway.

Could be better, longer battery life and keeping AV output, but overall it's a good idea. Anyhow I won't buy one, my mobile and portable gaming needs are already filled by mainly two Android games, War Robots and NFS:NL, plus another Android game I play more casually, Tank Stars. I could possibly resume playing Real Racing 3 too, if I'll be finally able to recover my multiplayer progress their servers lost when I had to reinstall it from scratch, despite having saved to the cloud, logged in with my Google account, before deleting everything, strangely they seem to have saved only my single player progress. I also stopped playing Goddess: Primal Chaos I started playing not on tablet, but on a PC Android environment, BlueStacks, the game, despite allowing to play logged on one's Google account, has saves tied to servers, I don't remember which one I saved to and BlueStacks suddenly forgot it too, probably after a program update, and I don't like the game enough to bother.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

d21lewis said:
My favorite mode, after a year of never even trying it, has become Table Top mode with a joycon in each hand. That alone makes the Lite a no go for me.

I think the lack of table top is especially odd, since for some games you need the joy-con. If it has table top mode I can see that work, but without it I can only imagine that its akward to use. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It guarantees Switch's 100 million sales.

Far too expensive for what it is considering how much less you're getting. You can find deals on a switch for £100 more where you get a game or two games, making the lite seriously overpriced.