By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should Halo Infinite drop Xbox One and go Scarlet exclusive?

Tagged games:

Should it?

Yes, dump Xbone, next gen exclusive 35 42.68%

No, keep it cross gen with Xbone 47 57.32%

Total:82
curl-6 said:
Norion said:
That rumour about consideration of dropping the Xbox One version also refers to consideration of a delay to 2022 and if that does happen then yes it should since by then the Xbox One will be getting close to death and the sales potential won't be much. At that point I don't think many people would be bothered by it happening either. If it does release in 2021 though I'm uncertain.

I'd say Xbox One will be less "close to death" and more "long since dead and buried" by 2022, given its current sales.

I say that since 2022 is when major third party support will mostly stop and all that's left will be a handful of ports and stuff like sports games for a while but yeah in terms of sales it seems that it might already be close to death lol.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
goopy20 said:
Of course they should. Like I've been saying for months, this whole "everyone can play" strategy sounds great in theory, but not so much when we start seeing the games. It seems MS is now second guessing their whole next gen strategy, and hopefully they can still turn things around. Drop Series S, drop Xbox One ffs and focus on showing why Series X is the most powerful console ever build by mankind...

Like Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla? Yup those look hideous.

They don't look hideous, I personally didn't think Halo Infinite looked hideous either. Its just that they will look last gen compared to true next gen exclusives. The strange thing is that Sony hasn't really taken advantage of the whole shit show situation at MS just yet. Maybe they feel confident enough that they don't need to reveal a whole lot until closer to launch. But there must be a reason why Sony has doubled the production of the ps5, and are planning to ship 120m of the things in 5 years time.

Things are looking pretty grim for Series X now, but just wait till Sony does a full gameplay reveal of games like HFW, Spiderman MM and show off GOW2. 

Just make 2 versions. Optimize the Series X version and have a separate team focus on downgrading it for Xbox One.

Or, just release the multiplayer on Xbox One 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

zero129 said:
goopy20 said:

They don't look hideous, I personally didn't think Halo Infinite looked hideous either. Its just that they will look last gen compared to true next gen exclusives. The strange thing is that Sony hasn't really taken advantage of the whole shit show situation at MS just yet. Maybe they feel confident enough that they don't need to reveal a whole lot until closer to launch. But there must be a reason why Sony has doubled the production of the ps5, and are planning to ship 120m of the things in 5 years time.

Things are looking pretty grim for Series X now, but just wait till Sony does a full gameplay reveal of games like HFW, Spiderman MM and show off GOW2. 

I mean no shit, clearly true next gen games are going to look better then the cross gen ones that both PS5 and XBSX will get. But guess what?... True next gen games wont be exclusive to just the PS5.

Just like many true next gen exclusives on both PS5 and XBSX will look better then Spider Man MM (Cross gen assets same city etc, its a cross gen game in everything only reason this expansion isn't on PS4 is to sell PS5's). I mean all the things people have been telling you could be added to a cross gen game to make it look better you been crying saying "Higher res assets and textures and ray traced lighting etc wont make the game nextgen and it will still look like a current gen game if its still using last gen level design" only for you to then brag and call Spider Man MM looking great and next gen when all they literately done was add "some" higher res assets, textures and retracing effects".

Your concerned trolling of xbox is getting very tiring now.

My bad, I didn't know you already played Spider Man MM... And no, next gen games games won't be exclusive to ps5, it's just that we have no clue when they'll eventually show up on Series X. I've been saying this for months now buddy; it's going to be extremely hard to get excited about Series X, not because MS's studios or their new console suck, that's all great actually. Its because of MS's corporate strategy, which again is getting in the way of giving Xbox fans what they want. Its exactly like what happened with Kinect and the TV stuff. Their strategy is set in motion and MS is going to roll with it. Unless, of course, Xbox fans complain in such a matter that they'll be forced to backpedal.

If you want to write off all the stuff I've been saying as concern trolling, then fine dude. But when we have people like Geoff Keighley saying "he has't seen anything from Xbox to make him believe their going to alter current course." its legit reason for concerns.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 26 August 2020

zero129 said:
goopy20 said:

My bad, I didn't know you already played Spider Man MM... And no, next gen games games won't be exclusive to ps5, it's just that we have no clue when they'll eventually show up on Series X. I've been saying this for months now buddy; it's going to be extremely hard to get excited about Series X, not because MS's studios or their new console suck, that's all great actually. Its because of MS's corporate strategy, which again is getting in the way of giving Xbox fans what they want. Its exactly like what happened with Kinect and the TV stuff. Their strategy is set in motion and MS is going to roll with it. Unless, of course, Xbox fans complain in such a matter that they'll be forced to backpedal.

If you want to write off all the stuff I've been saying as concern trolling, then fine dude. But when we have people like Geoff Keighley saying "he has't seen anything from Xbox to make him believe their going to alter current course." its legit reason for concerns.

I didnt know you already played Halo Inf?. Hows the current build coming along?. Ya know that works both ways. I dont need to play Spider Man to know its not a "True" Next-Gen game and is using the same assets (With some of them upgraded) and same map etc. by all accounts Spider-Man is doing everything you been complaining about but gets a free pass from you. 

Other posts from you keep saying how Higher Quality assets and textures, better lighting and shadows with raytracing etc cant make a game look nextgen if its using last gen level design but Spiderman MM is doing all them things and yet you keep braging about it.

And are you still trying to use the excuse that Series X wont have any true next gen exclusives and will only have cross gen games with XB1?, even after watching MS's last show where most of the games they showed where exclusive to Series X and PC?.

Do you also believe that no 3rd Partys are going to be making any true next gen exclusive games?.

I will write it off as concerned trolling as you do it in every Xbox thread. A mod just clearly has to look at your original posts in here and your reply to see how you take quotes out of context, how is this not concerned trolling "I dont know man to me series X isnt having any next gen exclusives", "I dont know man series x wont show its power everything crossgen", when its been pointed out to you a number of times cross gen isnt going to hold series X back. "I dont know man gamepass is going to mean the wont be no proper exclusives everything is pay2win gaas type games" When people point out how the is plenty of single player and story games on gamepass and MS also has plenty in development goopy still twists things. Its a constant thing with you and like i said its getting old give it up and wait till you play the games or just enjoy your PS5 and let others enjoy what they want.

We haven't seen anything from Spider Man. All we know is that its a ps5 exclusive, made by a developer with a pretty good track record, and we just have to wait and see how it'll turn out. With Halo we've seen 10 minutes of straight up gameplay, we know its coming to Xbox One and 343 actually felt the need to apologize for what they've shown us...

I honestly don't know how you still grasp onto the whole 'cross gen not holding back next gen' thing - especially after Halo becoming a meme. Now we have both DF and Ryan McCaffrey saying it WILL hold back next gen, after talking to enough people in the industry who should now these things. But ok, lets still take Phil's word for it and believe in games that'll scale up and down a family of devices...

Look, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's next gen excitement here. MS has done a pretty stellar job of that themselves, but at least they've been pretty open with what they're doing. I've learned to accept it and it isn't all bad. Series X is still an amazing piece of kit, I do enjoy GP and its nice that I don't need to upgrade my pc to play MS's exclusives. The only things that will be disappointing is if you're expecting MS to tap into that next gen excitement that typically comes with launching a new console. If I'm lying then just tell me honestly, do you expect to see mind blowing Series X gameplay at Gamescom? 

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
zero129 said:

I didnt know you already played Halo Inf?. Hows the current build coming along?. Ya know that works both ways. I dont need to play Spider Man to know its not a "True" Next-Gen game and is using the same assets (With some of them upgraded) and same map etc. by all accounts Spider-Man is doing everything you been complaining about but gets a free pass from you. 

Other posts from you keep saying how Higher Quality assets and textures, better lighting and shadows with raytracing etc cant make a game look nextgen if its using last gen level design but Spiderman MM is doing all them things and yet you keep braging about it.

And are you still trying to use the excuse that Series X wont have any true next gen exclusives and will only have cross gen games with XB1?, even after watching MS's last show where most of the games they showed where exclusive to Series X and PC?.

Do you also believe that no 3rd Partys are going to be making any true next gen exclusive games?.

I will write it off as concerned trolling as you do it in every Xbox thread. A mod just clearly has to look at your original posts in here and your reply to see how you take quotes out of context, how is this not concerned trolling "I dont know man to me series X isnt having any next gen exclusives", "I dont know man series x wont show its power everything crossgen", when its been pointed out to you a number of times cross gen isnt going to hold series X back. "I dont know man gamepass is going to mean the wont be no proper exclusives everything is pay2win gaas type games" When people point out how the is plenty of single player and story games on gamepass and MS also has plenty in development goopy still twists things. Its a constant thing with you and like i said its getting old give it up and wait till you play the games or just enjoy your PS5 and let others enjoy what they want.

We haven't seen anything from Spider Man. All we know is that its a ps5 exclusive, made by a developer with a pretty good track record, and we just have to wait and see how it'll turn out. With Halo we've seen 10 minutes of straight up gameplay, we know its coming to Xbox One and 343 actually felt the need to apologize for what they've shown us...

I honestly don't know how you still grasp onto the whole 'cross gen not holding back next gen' thing - especially after Halo becoming a meme. Now we have both DF and Ryan McCaffrey saying it WILL hold back next gen, after talking to enough people in the industry who should now these things. But ok, lets still take Phil's word for it and believe in games that'll scale up and down a family of devices...

Look, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's next gen excitement here. MS has done a pretty stellar job of that themselves, but at least they've been pretty open with what they're doing. I've learned to accept it and it isn't all bad. Series X is still an amazing piece of kit, I do enjoy GP and its nice that I don't need to upgrade my pc to play MS's exclusives. The only things that will be disappointing is if you're expecting MS to tap into that next gen excitement that typically comes with launching a new console. If I'm lying then just tell me honestly, do you expect to see mind blowing Series X gameplay at Gamescom? 

We’ve seen their engine demos. Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport, Project Mara. They are too far away to show gameplay at Gamescom. We know the games are coming, and certainly have more in the pipeline then the competition (1st party). So really, if you gonna talk trash, you should at least have examples of the other guy delivering where Xbox cant. Otherwise you really have no point. 

“We haven't seen anything from Spider Man.”

You don’t say....(proceeds to hold Xbox to a double standard). 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

We’ve seen their engine demos. Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport, Project Mara. They are too far away to show gameplay at Gamescom. We know the games are coming, and certainly have more in the pipeline then the competition (1st party). So really, if you gonna talk trash, you should at least have examples of the other guy delivering where Xbox cant. Otherwise you really have no point. 

We've literally seen nothing from Series X. They dropped the ball in May, then everybody thought they were just messing with us and we'd get a night of mic drops in July. Except they did the exact same thing, only this time it weren't some obscure 3rd party titles that failed to impress, but MS's nr1 flagship title. 

We know MS isn't going to show anything at Gamescom because all the cgi teaser they've shown obviously aren't going to release anytime soon. Not because MS miss planned their entire console launch and they got nothing in the pipeline. Its because of the cross gen strategy they've put in place a long time ago and that they're now starting to second guess.

Just think about it man. All those months Phil's been talking about no Series X exclusives for the coming 2 years, and for what? The only game that seems to be cross gen now is Halo. So why did they talk about it so much? Obviously its because they are back peddling on their original strategy. Maybe its because of developer feedback or maybe because of the backlash from the gaming community now that they've shown us the games. Whatever the case, something obviously went horribly wrong and it will have a major impact on the release dates of MS's 1st party studio games.  

I agree that Sony also hasn't done a stellar job getting us hyped for next gen, and I also would have expected them to show some more gameplay by now. The big difference, however, is that Sony is being predictable in the best way possible. They do believe in console generations and they know they'll have to wow us if they plan to sell 120m ps5's in 5 years time. MS on the other hand is being super confusing and unpredictable in the worst way possible. So much so that we don't really know what to expect from Series X. I mean are they dropping current gen? Is the 4Tflops Series S still a thing? Are all their 1st party ip's going GAAS to keep people engaged with GP? Are they targeting Series X like or mid-range specs on PC? I honestly have no clue what they're doing and what to expect from Series X lol.

Ryuu96 said:

Trying to prove you aren't concern trolling by using a Tweet from one of the biggest console warrior trolls on Twitter who edited an out of context video...

Games take time to develop, it has nothing to do with their cross-gen strategy, their hardware team is on schedule but their software team is a little behind since the investment was made there relatively recently and big AAA titles don't get made overnight.

They've always said the first 1 - 2 years will be cross-gen focused, Phil has also said it is up to the developer, Halo Infinite was well into development before Series X was even finalised. "Whatever the case, something obviously went horribly wrong and it will have a major impact on the release dates of MS's 1st party studio games." This is a conspiracy theory that makes absolutely zero sense.

No they aren't dropping current gen just yet, Series S is still a thing but they're waiting on Sony to reveal price first. There's a reason you don't have a clue what Xbox is doing anymore and the reason is more on you than them...

Personally, I believe that they're waiting for xCloud to be ready before fully dropping native Xbox One support, future titles will then still technically be playable on Xbox One but only via xCloud, it matches with the release schedule of xCloud too. Example, Avowed will be SX/SS only but playable on Xbox One via xCloud.

Its not about the Tweet, it's about what is being said in the video and Ryan's reaction.

People do realize that Gears 1 came out on the exact same day the ps3 launched, right? When MS was planning the launch of their new console, don't you think they would've planned to at least have something to showcase the thing too?

I get that a lot of games aren't ready for launch. Hell, Sony will probably show a ton of games that aren't going to come out anytime soon either. But at least they are in a far enough stadium to show us some gameplay snippets. The worrying thing with Series X is that they don't seem to be able to show us a glimpse of gameplay footage at all. Its almost as if they haven't even started working on next gen games yet.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 27 August 2020

Ryuu96 said:
goopy20 said:

Its not about the Tweet, it's about what is being said in the video and Ryan's reaction.

People do realize that Gears 1 came out on the exact same day the ps3 launched, right? If you're planning to launch a new console, don't you think they would plan to at least have something to showcase the thing?

I get that a lot of games aren't ready for launch. Hell, Sony will also show a ton of games that aren't going to come out anytime soon either. The worrying thing is that they don't seem to be able to show us a glimpse of gameplay footage at all. Its almost as if they haven't even started working on next gen games yet.

The video is clearly out of context from a massive console warrior, seriously, Red Dragon is garbage, so I'm not even going to bother entertaining it and it's unfair to Geoff.

Regarding Ryan, I've never argued against Xbox One holding back next-gen, in fact I've said that Xbox One needs to be ditched ASAP but again, Halo Infinite was well into development before Series X was finalised, ditching Xbox One now will not result in massive upgrades, it has been designed for Xbox One from the start, Phil has also said it is up to the developer and the original quote is 1 to 2 years, 2 years is the ceiling so it doesn't bother me too much.

Game development is complicated, Halo Infinite has clearly had some struggles, alongside that as I said, their investment into XGS is more of a recent development (Late 2017-Early 2018), development takes time but at least now we can see what is coming in the future rather than guessing. Yes Sony is more prepared because Sony hasn't had to revamp their entire software division and hardware division.

Of course they have, Fable and Avowed started production around 2018 but to point something out, you've been complaining about how Halo Infinite looks and how nothing looks next gen or whatever and yet here you are demanding they show gameplay for projects early in development...

Red Dragon maybe garbage but he didn't misquote Geoff, though. He literally said the things he highlighted in the Tweet. Now, I'm not sure if he's talking about the stuff MS has shown to the public, or that he's talking about things he's seen behind closed doors. But its hard to argue that MS's GP strategy is getting in the way of showcasing those next gen muscles of Series X. I mean why would MS want to release a game that pushes Series X to its limits, if 95% of the GP users wouldn't be able to play it? That's the exact opposite of what they want lol.

We will see with Avowed and Fable, but somehow I got a feeling they are not showing anything because there is nothing to show. 

Fable doesn't seem poised to launch on Xbox Series X or PC any time soon based on current openings at Playground Games.

https://www.dualshockers.com/fable-xbox-series-x-release-date-far/

Like I said, its almost as if the bulk of MS's 1st party studios haven't even started on next gen games yet, and instead have been focusing on AA games for GP. Which isn't that bad, I'm kinda enjoying those games. But if you're expecting AAA exclusives like we'll see on the ps5, I just don't think Series X will deliver on that front, as we both know that's not what they're aiming for.

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

We've literally seen nothing from Series X. They dropped the ball in May, then everybody thought they were just messing with us and we'd get a night of mic drops in July. Except they did the exact same thing, only this time it weren't some obscure 3rd party titles that failed to impress, but MS's nr1 flagship title. 

We know MS isn't going to show anything at Gamescom because all the cgi teaser they've shown obviously aren't going to release anytime soon. Not because MS miss planned their entire console launch and they got nothing in the pipeline. Its because of the cross gen strategy they've put in place a long time ago and that they're now starting to second guess.

Just think about it man. All those months Phil's been talking about no Series X exclusives for the coming 2 years, and for what? The only game that seems to be cross gen now is Halo. So why did they talk about it so much? Obviously its because they are back peddling on their original strategy. Maybe its because of developer feedback or maybe because of the backlash from the gaming community now that they've shown us the games. Whatever the case, something obviously went horribly wrong and it will have a major impact on the release dates of MS's 1st party studio games.  

I agree that Sony also hasn't done a stellar job getting us hyped for next gen, and I also would have expected them to show some more gameplay by now. The big difference, however, is that Sony is being predictable in the best way possible. They do believe in console generations and they know they'll have to wow us if they plan to sell 120m ps5's in 5 years time. MS on the other hand is being super confusing and unpredictable in the worst way possible. So much so that we don't really know what to expect from Series X. I mean are they dropping current gen? Is the 4Tflops Series S still a thing? Are all their 1st party ip's going GAAS to keep people engaged with GP? Are they targeting Series X like or mid-range specs on PC? I honestly have no clue what they're doing and what to expect from Series X lol.

We’ve been over this Goops. May was lower budget 3rd party games that MS messed up on expectations. July was fine if you aren’t looking for something to hate. Avowed, Fable, Forza, and SoD being upgraded to a AAA IP made me quite happy. Sure Halo wasn’t the prettiest but gameplay was solid and now it’s delayed to make it pretty. Aside from waiting I see little problems. 

Many of these games will release outside their cross gen window. They didn’t backpedal on anything. Aside from Halo, which the point is to make it as accessible as possible, it makes sense to make cross gen versions of smaller games like Grounded. So really they keeping their word and recognizing that many games should be built around Series X. 

So your main issue is that MS talks too much and you can’t make sense of it anymore? And you prefer Sony’s months and months of silence? Hey, you do you. The double edge sword is that if you talk too much PR it leaves more room to pick apart (if you are looking for fresh ways to hate on Xbox) but at least they are more transparent. Which I prefer 100 times over from Sony’s approach. 

Otherwise, relax. Xbox has 4 1st party games this month. All with varying degrees of quality. Age of Empires 3 next month. You a Xbox gamer on PC, enjoy in the meantime :)