By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should Halo Infinite drop Xbox One and go Scarlet exclusive?

Tagged games:

Should it?

Yes, dump Xbone, next gen exclusive 35 42.68%

No, keep it cross gen with Xbone 47 57.32%

Total:82

That rumour about consideration of dropping the Xbox One version also refers to consideration of a delay to 2022 and if that does happen then yes it should since by then the Xbox One will be getting close to death and the sales potential won't be much. At that point I don't think many people would be bothered by it happening either. If it does release in 2021 though I'm uncertain.

Update: Someone from 343 says it's not true but it's the sort of thing that a company would be expected to lie about until either happens so I'll still accept it as a possibility for now.

Last edited by Norion - on 26 August 2020

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
eva01beserk said:
It's to late for that. I say launch whatever is ready crossgen at launch. Then that could be the only content for the x1 then do a big overhaul for the expansion that would drastically improve the game by cutting the anchor(x1)

The thing is, they plan for halo infinate to be a games as a service style halo.
its supposed to last ~10 years, which means no more halos this gen.
If it launches and its a "meh" or let down because its held back by older hardware... that basically means a entire gen without a decent halo.

Also if they plan to keep adding content to it, if at first they allow for the old xbox one's to be supported,
they will likely have to keep supporting it in future too.

So the effects of supporting older hardware will effect halo infinate, not just for a 2 year periode.
Thats probably why they are considering it. Do they want to be held back ~10 years by older hardware for this game?

I cant say I remember 100% but I belive that was one of the benefits of the ssd. That it could target data better so updates are more meaninfull as they could replace core assets and big enough chunks at a time. It could be almost like remaking the game and giving it only to the series x.

What ever it is. It's to late to drop that game if its almost completed. So we gota hope that droping support after after launch the series x version can drastically improve in a year. Maybe small upgrades across the 10 years.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Norion said:
That rumour about consideration of dropping the Xbox One version also refers to consideration of a delay to 2022 and if that does happen then yes it should since by then the Xbox One will be getting close to death and the sales potential won't be much. At that point I don't think many people would be bothered by it happening either. If it does release in 2021 though I'm uncertain.

I'm pretty sure there's gona be a he'll of a lot of people jumping to ps5 this gen that will most likely keep their x1 that would be upset well after that.

And the problem with that is solely with Phil and others executives who blatantly said that you don't need to upgrade. So gamers said I'll keep my Xbox and buy a PlayStation win win.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Norion said:

I'm pretty sure there's gona be a he'll of a lot of people jumping to ps5 this gen that will most likely keep their x1 that would be upset well after that.

And the problem with that is solely with Phil and others executives who blatantly said that you don't need to upgrade. So gamers said I'll keep my Xbox and buy a PlayStation win win.

It depends on when it releases since over time the number of people who'd buy it on the Xbox One would get increasingly smaller. Far enough into the new gen putting development resources into a version for a dying system would be a bad idea. With how rough Infinite looked scrapping the Xbone version could make the delay not become too long. If it becomes a choice between being able to get it out in 2021 if the Xbone version gets cancelled or delay it into early 2022 then getting rid of it would be the right move I think. If it manages to come out in 2021 regardless then probably best to keep it.

Of course they should. Like I've been saying for months, this whole "everyone can play" strategy sounds great in theory, but not so much when we start seeing the games. It seems MS is now second guessing their whole next gen strategy, and hopefully they can still turn things around. Drop Series S, drop Xbox One ffs and focus on showing why Series X is the most powerful console ever build by mankind...

Around the Network

This is the first time I've ever voted yes on a question like this. It's mostly the fault of 343 industries development because of how they handled it. They contract too many people in and out as we have heard which leads to people rushing to get things done. Instead of making the best product they can and optimize it later they are kind of taking half measures just to make sure it will all work and then when it doesn't they have bad solutions. At least that is how it has been described in leaks and exit reviews from employees leaving. I would say they should focus on making the game truly next gen and drop the xbox one, especially since they have now delayed it to no longer being a launch title. 

goopy20 said:
Of course they should. Like I've been saying for months, this whole "everyone can play" strategy sounds great in theory, but not so much when we start seeing the games. It seems MS is now second guessing their whole next gen strategy, and hopefully they can still turn things around. Drop Series S, drop Xbox One ffs and focus on showing why Series X is the most powerful console ever build by mankind...

If they drop the Series S they need to be loud and clear about the marketing of the S. Why would anyone want to buy a next gen console that can't play some of the most anticipated next gen titles from the same company who developed it? I don't think any game should not include a series S version.

goopy20 said:

Like Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla? Yup those look hideous.

Norion said:

I'd say Xbox One will be less "close to death" and more "long since dead and buried" by 2022, given its current sales.

i own an xbox one, and i’d say it’s for the best the game is exclusive to xboxsx if it means a higher quality product overall.

more than anything i just want halo to impress again. i’m a little concerned the quota to make the game cross-gen spreads the game’s resources a little too thin.