By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should Halo Infinite drop Xbox One and go Scarlet exclusive?

Tagged games:

Should it?

Yes, dump Xbone, next gen exclusive 35 42.68%

No, keep it cross gen with Xbone 47 57.32%

Total:82
Hiku said:
goopy20 will no longer be participating in this thread, or any Microsoft Discussion threads.

Thank god. Some fans feelings could not handle any more facts. You probably saved a lot of lives with that decision. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Facts lol. That's cute.

shikamaru317 said:

343 just said that the rumors of the XB1 version being dropped and the game delayed to 2022 to give it a full next gen graphical overhaul are false.

https://twitter.com/unyshek/status/1298334578721996801?s=21

Bloomberg confirmed (by microsoft) that they are bringing back a old Halo veteran Joseph Staten, to help get game back on track.
Hes a plot&story writer, and does editing and directing of cutscene's.

If they are doing changes to the main plot, and are writeing new storylines.....  that stuff takes time.

look at replies on Neogaf: 
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/confirmed-by-bloomberg-microsoft-brings-back-halo-veteran-joseph-staten-to-get-infinite-back-on-track.1562933/

"This game ant coming out next year lol"
"Fuck... this game is not coming out in 2021, is it?"
"Poor guy, he has a lot of work in front of him."
"They should have just wrote Bungie a blank cheque when they had the chance last year."
"But wow it's at the point they have to do this now."
"Yeah, I think 2022 is looking more and more likely."
"Seem quite late to steer infinite no? Unless MS is prepared to throw serious money at the problem!"
"Out with the new in with the old. The article mentions a wider restructuring but does not say anything else."
"So Holiday 2023? Sounds like every aspect is a dumpster fire in need of a total overhaul."
"Definitely going to be Fall 2021, unless they're just having him work on the story going forward."
"Idc if it comes in 2022+, just make it good."

it goes on and on like that. Basically the takeaway is that such a move, will add time to developement (possibly more than the 1year delay its currently gotten).

Tweet (twitter):

Replies:
"Not if the game gets delayed to 2022+ its not"
"Maybe it will just barely launch stable but their future products and stories will be better"
"he should have been at the helm 10 years ago lol"
"It wouldn't surprise me if the game came out in November 2021 or later tbh, depending how much they'll want to change."
"
Nah it’s never to late cause they won’t release game until it’s 100%. They realize that now, they can’t.
"Better late than never for a flagship franchise don't you think?"
"Delay it by 2 years?"

What are the chances the current plan is fall of 2021, but it gets pushed into 2022?
Seems like alot of people actually think its high.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 August 2020

JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

343 just said that the rumors of the XB1 version being dropped and the game delayed to 2022 to give it a full next gen graphical overhaul are false.

https://twitter.com/unyshek/status/1298334578721996801?s=21

Bloomberg confirmed (by microsoft) that they are bringing back a old Halo veteran Joseph Staten, to help get game back on track.

If they are doing changes to the main plot, and are writeing new storylines.....  that stuff takes time.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/confirmed-by-bloomberg-microsoft-brings-back-halo-veteran-joseph-staten-to-get-infinite-back-on-track.1562933/

"They should have just wrote Bungie a blank cheque when they had the chance last year."
"Seem quite late to steer infinite no? Unless MS is prepared to throw serious money at the problem!"
"Out with the new in with the old. The article mentions a wider restructuring but does not say anything else."
"So Holiday 2023? Sounds like every aspect is a dumpster fire in need of a total overhaul."
"Definitely going to be Fall 2021, unless they're just having him work on the story going forward."

it goes on and on like that. Basically the takeaway is that such a move, will add time to developement (possibly more than the 1year delay its currently gotten).

Tweet (twitter):

Replies:
"Maybe it will just barely launch stable but their future products and stories will be better"
"It wouldn't surprise me if the game came out in November 2021 or later tbh, depending how much they'll want to change."
"
Nah it’s never to late cause they won’t release game until it’s 100%. They realize that now, they can’t.
"Delay it by 2 years?"

What are the chances the current plan is fall of 2021, but it gets pushed into 2022?

I'd say, those interested in speculation by some Neogaf and Twitter users could just read those forums. Why copy that stuff here?

KiigelHeart said:
JRPGfan said:

Tweet (twitter):

Replies:
"
"Delay it by 2 years?"

I'd say, those interested in speculation by some Neogaf and Twitter users could just read those forums. Why copy that stuff here?

Those arnt "some" but like all of the comments in replies (vast majority go like this).
The general consensus is this will add to developement time.

The thing is a few weeks ago, they where saying Halo Infinate was launching 2020.
They changed their tune.

(insider) Rumors come out that management is looking to delay to 2022, and drop old xbox one hardware.

PR guy comes out and says they currently dont have that stance, and its only delayed to 2021. Don't Worry.

Now theres leadership change for multi-player and single player, for it.
And the consensus is that, it will add time to developement.

What are the chances of a new delay? I think their good.
Bringing in a new guy for the direction of the storyline? common, if you make changes to storyline at this point, it will add time to development.
its just common sense.

If Halo launches in 2021, and isnt pushed back further, feel free to find this post, and bump it, and say "I told you so".

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 August 2020

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
KiigelHeart said:

Those arnt "some" but like all of the comments in replies (vast majority go like this).
The general consensus is this will add to developement time.

The thing is a few weeks ago, they where saying Halo Infinate was launching 2020.
They changed their tune.

(insider) Rumors come out that management is looking to delay to 2022, and drop old xbox one hardware.

PR guy comes out and says they currently dont have that stance, and its only delayed to 2021. Don't Worry.

Now theres leadership change for multi-player and single player, for it.
And the consensus is that, it will add time to developement.

What are the chances of a new delay? I think their good.
Bringing in a new guy for the direction of the storyline? common, if you make changes to storyline at this point, it will add time to development.
its just common sense.

If Halo launches in 2021, and isnt pushed back further, feel free to find this post, and bump it, and say "I told you so".

By "some" users I didn't mean the quantity of them. If I cared what the general consensus amongs Neogaf forum users is I'd read that forum. But I don't, because it's irrelevant and likely wrong.

Ryuu96 said:

^ All that speculation is wrong, Joseph Staten is returning as Project Lead (temporarily) to ensure they hit launch, nothing is changing with the game or leadership.

Think of Joe's new role as Rod Fergusson's when he came in to help BioShock Infinite hit launch, that is what he is doing, bringing the teams together, ensuring everything is running smoothly to hit their 2021 target.

Was going to write exactly this but you stole my thunder lol. It's pretty obvious reading his tweet he's a "closer" like Rod. And Infinite turned out great.

Joseph Staten
@joestaten
·
9t
I'm thrilled to join to help them ship Halo Infinite. As the project lead for the Infinite Campaign, I will be supporting the team's existing, great leaders and empowering them to do their best work.

Well idk about the rest of you, but when I want unbiased speculation about Xbox, no other forum comes to mind except NeoGAF.

zero129 said:
goopy20 said:

My bad, I didn't know you already played Spider Man MM... And no, next gen games games won't be exclusive to ps5, it's just that we have no clue when they'll eventually show up on Series X. I've been saying this for months now buddy; it's going to be extremely hard to get excited about Series X, not because MS's studios or their new console suck, that's all great actually. Its because of MS's corporate strategy, which again is getting in the way of giving Xbox fans what they want. Its exactly like what happened with Kinect and the TV stuff. Their strategy is set in motion and MS is going to roll with it. Unless, of course, Xbox fans complain in such a matter that they'll be forced to backpedal.

If you want to write off all the stuff I've been saying as concern trolling, then fine dude. But when we have people like Geoff Keighley saying "he has't seen anything from Xbox to make him believe their going to alter current course." its legit reason for concerns.

I didnt know you already played Halo Inf?. Hows the current build coming along?. Ya know that works both ways. I dont need to play Spider Man to know its not a "True" Next-Gen game and is using the same assets (With some of them upgraded) and same map etc. by all accounts Spider-Man is doing everything you been complaining about but gets a free pass from you. 

Other posts from you keep saying how Higher Quality assets and textures, better lighting and shadows with raytracing etc cant make a game look nextgen if its using last gen level design but Spiderman MM is doing all them things and yet you keep braging about it.

And are you still trying to use the excuse that Series X wont have any true next gen exclusives and will only have cross gen games with XB1?, even after watching MS's last show where most of the games they showed where exclusive to Series X and PC?.

Do you also believe that no 3rd Partys are going to be making any true next gen exclusive games?.

I will write it off as concerned trolling as you do it in every Xbox thread. A mod just clearly has to look at your original posts in here and your reply to see how you take quotes out of context, how is this not concerned trolling "I dont know man to me series X isnt having any next gen exclusives", "I dont know man series x wont show its power everything crossgen", when its been pointed out to you a number of times cross gen isnt going to hold series X back. "I dont know man gamepass is going to mean the wont be no proper exclusives everything is pay2win gaas type games" When people point out how the is plenty of single player and story games on gamepass and MS also has plenty in development goopy still twists things. Its a constant thing with you and like i said its getting old give it up and wait till you play the games or just enjoy your PS5 and let others enjoy what they want.

Must suck that the Spider-Man quickly made expansion looks much better than the 5 year project Halo Infinite right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Thread suddenly took a massive console warrior swing.

Shots fired!!