By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Anti fascists" Severely Beat Journalist

Ngo knew he was going into a hostile situation. A rally held by the Proud Boys, a far-right neo-fascist extremist group that promotes and engages in political violence and counter protestors from Antifa, a far-left anarchist extremist group that promotes and engages in political violence... That situation is going to end up in a violent confrontation. Ngo being a far-right sympathizer (who has doxxed Antifa in the past) and an editor for Quillette (a major hub of the IDW) would be a prime target for Antifa along with the Proud Boys.

I don't agree with violence, Ngo SHOULDN'T have been attacked by any means, but let's not pretend he was just some innocent bystander. He was invested just as much as the Proud Boys and should've known to keep his distance from an extremist group, especially one that he has provoked in the past. I mean it's just common sense.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I do not see how that additional context makes it less wrong to attack him,he will cry about it to fox news and it will be his right to do that.

To antagonize? Well lets be gratefull his antagonizing did not result into violence against his opponents and that is something we cannot say about his attackers.

If you look for trouble, trouble will certainly come calling.  From the history of this guy, he played the game and got what he wanted.  It really doesn't matter what their label is, if you seek to trigger violence there are definitely people willing to rise to the occasion.  Personally, I have no sympathy for the guy, he got what he wanted and he and his group can play it up.  Then again I have no sympathy for any of the groups that were at this protest, its not like the Proud Boys are model citizens either but oh well.

I do not think his goal was to trigger violence and if he is one of those shittalkers then his goal at most could have been people talking shit to him back so i do have sympathy for him and anyone similar that could have been in that place.

People "willing" to rise to the occasion,how brave of them to be willing to commit violence?

No one deserves to be attacked, at most a heated discussion is worthwhile but not that.

@tsogud
Man you said it. Thouse alt right bastards can have their opinion but they have to have it somewhere else. They come close to us and we are gone start swinging. We claimed this territory and we are the authority.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sundin13 said:
Worth noting that the dude is a notorious shit stirrer, provocateur and friend of far right hate groups. He seems to have gone to this rally to antagonize and pick a fight to be made a martyr of so he could go cry about it to Fox News and he got his wish.

I don't support violence against anyone, but some additional context is necessary here.

So what shit has he stirred?

@o_O.Q
That Nazi dared dissagree with us. What more reason could there be to beat the shit out off him.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
@tsogud
Man you said it. Thouse alt right bastards can have their opinion but they have to have it somewhere else. They come close to us and we are gone start swinging. We claimed this territory and we are the authority.

Is this sarcasm?

tsogud said:
Ngo knew he was going into a hostile situation. A rally held by the Proud Boys, a far-right neo-fascist extremist group that promotes and engages in political violence and counter protestors from Antifa, a far-left anarchist extremist group that promotes and engages in political violence... That situation is going to end up in a violent confrontation. Ngo being a far-right sympathizer (who has doxxed Antifa in the past) and an editor for Quillette (a major hub of the IDW) would be a prime target for Antifa along with the Proud Boys.

I don't agree with violence, Ngo SHOULDN'T have been attacked by any means, but let's not pretend he was just some innocent bystander. He was invested just as much as the Proud Boys and should've known to keep his distance from an extremist group, especially one that he has provoked in the past. I mean it's just common sense.

Pretty much this. Here is how he tweeted about the rally before it occurred:

"Portland is preparing for potential rioting this Saturday as antifa promises violence against the Proud Boys, who are hosting a flag-waving event."

I feel like to anybody who is listening, this reads as blatant dog whistling. He is making the Proud Boys out to be innocent victims who are just there to wave flags and sing kumbaya while the evil antifa are the ones who are to blame for all the inevitable violence.

As for a more concrete and less dog whistly example of Ngo's history:

Andy Ngo picks fights with Antifa not just by criticizing them (which is fine, but less fine when you do it while allying yourself with hate groups in the process), but also by doxxing people and pushing around conspiracy theories about how certain journalists are secret antifa plants.

A campaign involving Quillette (the site Ngo works for), a right wing troll and Ngo (among others) to identify antifa linked journalists is probably the most prominent example, with the list that was created gaining popularity among far right sites such as Stormfront and leading to an influx of death threats against those involved.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/alt-right-antifa-death-threats-doxxing-quillette-a8966176.html

NightlyPoe said:
sundin13 said:
Worth noting that the dude is a notorious shit stirrer, provocateur and friend of far right hate groups. He seems to have gone to this rally to antagonize and pick a fight to be made a martyr of so he could go cry about it to Fox News and he got his wish.

I don't support violence against anyone, but some additional context is necessary here.

I've seen his videos before.  I've never seen him do more than stand there with his camera out.

Do you wish to provide evidence that he's a provocateur or that he did any more to anger them than commit the simple journalistic act of documenting their behavior?

It is more about his actions online than his actions behind the camera that has drawn the ire of antifa (see above).

sundin13 said:
tsogud said:

Pretty much this. Here is how he tweeted about the rally before it occurred:

"Portland is preparing for potential rioting this Saturday as antifa promises violence against the Proud Boys, who are hosting a flag-waving event."

I feel like to anybody who is listening, this reads as blatant dog whistling. He is making the Proud Boys out to be innocent victims who are just there to wave flags and sing kumbaya while the evil antifa are the ones who are to blame for all the inevitable violence.

As for a more concrete and less dog whistly example of Ngo's history:

Andy Ngo picks fights with Antifa not just by criticizing them (which is fine, but less fine when you do it while allying yourself with hate groups in the process), but also by doxxing people and pushing around conspiracy theories about how certain journalists are secret antifa plants.

A campaign involving Quillette (the site Ngo works for), a right wing troll and Ngo (among others) to identify antifa linked journalists is probably the most prominent example, with the list that was created gaining popularity among far right sites such as Stormfront and leading to an influx of death threats against those involved.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/alt-right-antifa-death-threats-doxxing-quillette-a8966176.html

NightlyPoe said:

I've seen his videos before.  I've never seen him do more than stand there with his camera out.

Do you wish to provide evidence that he's a provocateur or that he did any more to anger them than commit the simple journalistic act of documenting their behavior?

It is more about his actions online than his actions behind the camera that has drawn the ire of antifa (see above).

Bolded: Dont ever advocate for violence,does not matter what extreme words on what side are used.

I do not wish harm on anyone and you should too,drop the left /right fight for a bit and just look at the actions/harm that is caused.

@Mar1217
Don't bend over on such dangerous area. Theresa are well know rules.

@tsogud
What do you mean? I'm a brother brown jac..... I mean black claded justice warrior.