Capcom 0 0%

Valve 2 5.13%

Crystal Dynamics 0 0%

Total:39
QUAKECore89 said:
My vote goes to SEGA

YEAH BOI DREAMCAST 4 LYFE.

Around the Network

Obviously Sony with Gran Turismo. The first PS game I've played at my cousin's house and made me fall in love with the series. Got the second iteration the following year with my first PS console. I've had countless hours of fun with the game, considering I was a young car nut.

thetonestarr said:
Sip

"N64" "$89 games"

Definitely Australian.

N64 games were more expensive than PS1's here, too, but they were usually only $39.99 new. I didn't have a PS1 until after PS3 was out, so I can't actually speak firsthand about what the games cost, but I do remember people saying N64 games cost more.

My bad, i should have put aud next to it. I always forget it.

N64 games were more expensive plus they had to compete with a console that had work arounds where games can cost $2

Azzanation said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Nintendo as a studio. But if you remember these years (like I do), Sony was the winner. Nintendo was getting pummeled hard by Sony as a whole. Up until this point Nintendo was the undisputed king, and now it was losing its throne.

I wouldn't exactly put it like that. Sony was selling more consoles but Nintendo still held the best games and competed very well without losing money. Keep in mind the PS1 also had piracy on there side with many people buying PS1 systems just to chip them for burnt games. That was a major selling point especially when N64 games were around $89 price mark. I remember the hype from Crash which still failed to beat Mario 64 while Zelda OoT was considered the game of the generation. I haven't even brought in the Rare titles yet. N64 games are still recognised for today as revolutionising the industry.

Don't get me wrong, the PS1 was a good platform and offered great games, I still have one however because of the work around in chipping PS1s, that would have helped boost PS1 sales a lot. I don't know anyone who didn't chip there PS1. I am sure its very different around the world. 

The best selling console is the one with the best games.  Period.  That is true for every single generation.  Generation 5 is notable, because Nintendo had all of the advantages going into it.  It had a very strong brand and lots of experience making games.  It still got its ass kicked by the PS1.

Piracy might have been an issue in some parts of the world.  I can say that in NA it wasn't really a thing and PS1 still sold more.  PS1 simply had better games (and a lot more of them).

Azzanation said:
thetonestarr said:

"N64" "$89 games"

Definitely Australian.

N64 games were more expensive than PS1's here, too, but they were usually only $39.99 new. I didn't have a PS1 until after PS3 was out, so I can't actually speak firsthand about what the games cost, but I do remember people saying N64 games cost more.

My bad, i should have put aud next to it. I always forget it.

N64 games were more expensive plus they had to compete with a console that had work arounds where games can cost $2

I think PS1 games were $35 new here, so while there was a noticeable difference, it was also offset some by cartridges offering built-in savegames. No extra cost to save, and no concern of losing your saves for every single game you owned. 

So piracy, in NA, was deemed a nonissue. But yeah, in AU, I can definitely see that being different!

SW-5120-1900-6153