By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is focusing on Hard-Core Gamers for PS5

LudicrousSpeed said:

1: In the case of DR3, because Capcom said the game was never going to happen without Microsoft. In the case of SFV, Capcom said it would have taken a long time without Sony. Not to mention you're talking about a pretty small time franchise versus Street Fighter. One franchise Capcom was going to let die without Microsoft support, the other you'd have to be an apologist to actually believe would have never happened had Sony not gotten involved.

Personal taste also plays a part in this. You won't see me complaining about Shenmue 3 exclusive stuff because frankly I don't give a shit about the game.

2: Titanfall is different and I've said on this forum numerous times that I wish PS4 users could have played it. But in that games case Microsoft was already heavily invested and EA struck a deal. If they made Jedi whatever Xbone exclusive I would also say that's a bum deal and PS4 owners should get to play it.

3: Who are "you guys" exactly? I'm expressing my own opinion here.

1: Dude. Both Street Fighter V and Dead Rising 3 were moneyhats. Both are "shitty practices" (your words) regardless of your personal taste.

2: "But in that games case Microsoft was already heavily invested and EA struck a deal." I don't even know what you're trying to say. How is it different from "But in SFV's case Sony was already heavily invested and Capcom struck a deal."?

3: For instance the user below. First comment of the thread (besides OP).

VAMatt said:
That's unfortunate. Anti-gamer behavior like this needs to see more pushback. So, I'll put this as a check mark in XB's favor when trying to decide which next gen console to buy first.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
BraLoD said:

Because MS is certainly not doing the same... sure.

Doesn't mean that it's good behavior just because the other one is doing it too.

No one says it's good behavior. VAMatt's acting like moneyhatting isn't a practice on XB1. BraLod pointed out that he's wrong.

VAMatt said:
That's unfortunate. Anti-gamer behavior like this needs to see more pushback. So, I'll put this as a check mark in XB's favor when trying to decide which next gen console to buy first.

MS buys 3rd party devs to hold their games as full exclusive, nobody bats an eye...

Sony invests in timed exclusive content, something that MS themselves pushed full swing with the 360, and everyone loses their minds!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Bandorr said:

I told you to do your own research. I was finishing lunch and looked up two games. And the results are surprising!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/one_guy_got_crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_up_and_running_on_switch

"According to Nintendo World Report, sometime around the PlayStation 4 release of the N. Sane Trilogy, a lone engineer at Vicarious Visions spent his weekend trying to get the first level of the remaster up and running on Nintendo’s latest device. He managed to succeed, and it was at this point the company realised a port to the hybrid device was feasible."

They didn't even know the game was feasible for the switch by the time it release for the PS4.  Why would sony "money hat" a game from a system that it wasn't even going to release on in the first place. 

WTF is your fixation on Switch versions?

The Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was a one year timed exclusive until the PC version and XBO version were released.

Will you tell us next that they didn't even know the game was feasible for the PC and Xbox One by the time it release for the PS4?

It's usually a recipe for success, since hardcore gamers are the ones driving the initial push for a console. Only then do the casuals start getting on board, through marketing and word of mouth that the hardcore gamers spread both face to face and online in forums, YouTube and other social platforms.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Moneyhats like usual, what a shame. If Sony's first party is as strong as people act like it is, moneyhatting 3rd parties wouldn't be necessary. 

It isn't necessary, nor was it necessary for MS to do it on the 360, or Rise of the Tomb Raider, or the Titanfall IP.

Also one look at Sony's exclusive sales and review scores would indicate that a misplaced shot at Sony 1st party is irrelevant to the topic anyway as they do indeed stand on their own.

Last edited by Shiken - on 30 June 2019

Shiken said:

MS buys 3rd party devs to hold their games as full exclusive, nobody bats an eye...

Sony invests in timed exclusive content, something that MS themselves pushed full swing with the 360, and everyone loses their minds!

The funny truth why no one bats an eye with MS buying 3rd party companies is because MS still release there games on Multiplatforms, heck they even allowed Banjo in Smash!

Shiken said:
VAMatt said:

Who lost their mind?

I simply pointed out that it's anti-gamer, and that I intend to avoid rewarding anti-gamer behavior to the best of my ability.  MS, to the best of my knowledge, has no first-party exclusives anymore.  All games come to PC as well, and some even go to Switch and PS.  If they pay for timed exclusivity of games going forward, as I mentioned in another post, I'll hold it against them.  

I game on all systems - I've owned almost every major gaming console and handheld released in the US since the Atari 2600.  I'll very likely own everything next gen too.  But, I'll have to choose which new system to pick up next year, and which to push down the road a couple years.  Whichever I buy first will likely end up getting more money from me over the course of the generation.  If one of the two is being significantly better to gamers in general, shouldn't I weigh that in my decision?  Aren't I supposed to vote with my wallet?

Azzanation said:
Shiken said:

The funny truth why no one bats an eye with MS buying 3rd party companies is because MS still release there games on Multiplatforms, heck they even allowed Banjo in Smash!

I gotta give credit where credit is due, MS does play nicer now that they are not on top.  They have been working with Nintendo and bringing even most of their 1st party games to PC.  MS and Nintendo also put in a big push towards cross play as well.

VAMatt said:
Shiken said:

Who lost their mind?

I simply pointed out that it's anti-gamer, and that I intend to avoid rewarding anti-gamer behavior to the best of my ability.  MS, to the best of my knowledge, has no first-party exclusives anymore.  All games come to PC as well, and some even go to Switch and PS.  If they pay for timed exclusivity of games going forward, as I mentioned in another post, I'll hold it against them.  

I game on all systems - I've owned almost every major gaming console and handheld released in the US since the Atari 2600.  I'll very likely own everything next gen too.  But, I'll have to choose which new system to pick up next year, and which to push down the road a couple years.  Whichever I buy first will likely end up getting more money from me over the course of the generation.  If one of the two is being significantly better to gamers in general, shouldn't I weigh that in my decision?  Aren't I supposed to vote with my wallet?

Fair enough on your part.

VAMatt said:
Shiken said:

Who lost their mind?

The real question is : why would you want an Xbox when you have a good PC ? That doesn't make sense I'm sorry...