By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is focusing on Hard-Core Gamers for PS5

melbye said:
So arrogant Sony is indeed back. Was afraid of that

They invest more in first party and exclusive games for the hard core audience and you equate it to "arrogant Sony"? I'm sure you were really afraid if it lol

Around the Network

I don't think it is going to happen. Sony have focused very little in time exclusivity for full games. The very few they gone this way were games they helped to bring back.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LudicrousSpeed said:

But this gen Sony really seemed to up the ante in terms of shitty practices when it came to this stuff. Destiny had timed exclusive content that could go over a year before showing up on other platforms.

SFV, huge SF fan, but there's zero reason to lock Xbox out of SFV, so no thanks, won't get any money from me.

I can't tell it from your comment but I guess you feel the same way about 3rd party exclusives (Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Below, etc.), timed exclusives (PvZ: Garden Warfare, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dead Rising 4, Black Desert Online, World of Tanks, etc.) and timed exclusive DLC (The Division, COD: Ghosts, COD: Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age: Inquisition, FIFA 14-16, etc.) on XB1?

Replicant said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

But this gen Sony really seemed to up the ante in terms of shitty practices when it came to this stuff. Destiny had timed exclusive content that could go over a year before showing up on other platforms.

SFV, huge SF fan, but there's zero reason to lock Xbox out of SFV, so no thanks, won't get any money from me.

I can't tell it from your comment but I guess you feel the same way about 3rd party exclusives (Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Below, etc.), timed exclusives (PvZ: Garden Warfare, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dead Rising 4, Black Desert Online, World of Tanks, etc.) and timed exclusive DLC (The Division, COD: Ghosts, COD: Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age: Inquisition, FIFA 14-16, etc.) on XB1?

Nah I don't care about a game like Titanfall just like I don't care about paying for an exclusive like Bloodborne or Death Stranding. Personally I'd prefer to not see third party games moneyhatted but a timed exclusive is preferable to something like SFV that never comes to the other platforms. Timed exclusive DLC I already mentioned in my post, didn't stop me from playing CoD on PS3 instead of Xbox. My issue with Destiny was timed exclusive content that took over a year to come elsewhere, and timed exclusive DLC inside of paid DLC, which is just about the scummiest thing I've ever seen a publisher and platform holder team up to do.

Replicant said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Of course he doesn't.Mind you MS came out with a bunch of timed exclusives for their E3 presentation.All of a sudden it's anti consumer this anti consumer  that.If you want it earlier buy that console if not wait.No one is keeping anything from you.

Around the Network

All companies are right now begging for timed exclusives, Sony is not alone in this.

Not to mention, gaming is a very important sector for Sony when it comes to finantials. They are going with all they can to make sure their gaming department continues being the life saver of the company, that has lost the battle of electronics like TVs and phones to Samsung, Huawei, etc.

MS and Google can afford loss on their gaming sectors, Sony can't.

thismeintiel said:
JRPGfan said:

They plan to spend more money on their own games, and give you more AAA level games next gen than this current one.
They also plan to make more exclusive deals (possbility timed ones).

How is that arrogant?
If their gonna work harder to give value to their next console, than the PS4 currently has.... it just means PS5 will be swimming in fantastic games.

Eh, some people are praying for arrogant Sony to return cause that's the only way their console of choice has a shot at the top. Of course, sticking with x86, we're never going to have another PS3, with expensive custom chips and a format push. So, they can keep praying.

Actually that's what I was thinking. Haters stick with their "Arrogant Sony is back, oh no" when they hate Sony in the first place and can't stand the fact PlayStation dominate home console. Sony will keep their PS4's politics so haters are afraid.

Bandorr said:
Conina said:

PS4 timed exclusives: Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy, Detroit: Become Human, Disgaea 5...

PS4 PSVR timed exclusives: Batman Arkham VR, Battlezone, Borderlands 2 VR, Moss, Polybius, Resident Evil 7 VR, REZ Infinite, Skyrim VR, Moss, Tethered,...

PS4/Vita timed exclusives: Danganronpa 1 - 3, Dragon Quest Builders, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, World of Final Fantasy, Ys VIII...

PS4 (timed) exclusive DLC: Batman Arkham Knight, DLC: CoD Black Ops 4, CoD Modern Warfare (2019), Control, Destiny, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Red Dead Redemption 2, Slime Rancher, Watch_Dogs...

Almost none of those are timed exclusives. I'm not sure you even know what a timed exclusive is...

Rise of the tom raider was a timed exclusive. The "timed" part was a year.

Disgaea 5 came out in 2015. The switch didn't even exist in 2015. You can't call it a "timed exclusive" because it was exclusive and then ported. That isn't a timed exclusive.

All of these games or DLCs were timed exclusive. They were exclusive, but now they are not exclusive anymore. It's not really complicated.

I'm not sure you even know what a timed exclusive is...

Bandorr said:
Conina said:

All of these games or DLCs were timed exclusive. They were exclusive, but now they are not exclusive anymore. It's not really complicated.

I'm not sure you even know what a timed exclusive is...

"I'm not sure you even know what a timed exclusive is..."

"They were exclusive, but now they are not exclusive anymore"

So yes you don't know what a timed exclusive is.  You completely missed the "timed" part.

Just pointing this out so in the future when you wonder why people think you have no clue what you are talking about - this is why.

So which time frame is "timed"? Feel free to explain for every title I listed why they aren't timed exclusives. "Game A doesn't count because the release difference is less than x months". "Game B doesn't count because the release difference is more than x months".

By the way... The "timed" part of "Rise of the Tomb Raider" on Xbox wasn't a year, it was three months. Then the PC version was released and the "timed" part ended.

Just pointing this out so in the future when you wonder why people think you have no clue what you are talking about - this is why.

Last edited by Conina - on 30 June 2019