This is my first time checking out this channel and it comes across as disingenuous. I'm not sure what the rest of the videos are like but I feel as if this guy is cherry picking his info instead of looking at all of the facts.
1) He quotes Sony on their censorship stance as a whole. This is fine but what he quotes makes it seem as if Sony is censoring any game for whatever reason they see fit. We know this is not true. They are censoring sexual related scenes related to underage looking characters: it is a very specific thing which this youtuber chooses to ignore.
2) He states that Sony is only doing this to protect children and leave it at that, when Sony's official explanation goes further into other reasons.
3) To support Nintendo, he uses Wolfenstein and Doom as examples: games that have zero connection to Sony's policies. He is trying to avoid what Sony is actually censoring, underage characters in sexual situations.
4) The site he uses as a source for censored games isn't even remotely accurate. Just one look through it and you would notice that. Some examples include:
Catherine wasn't censored by Sony. It wasn't even censored. it was adjusted to be more trans friendly.
Yuno is censored only in the West, which is not the Sony policy (which affects all regions). It is censored on the Switch too. Funny how he chooses to ignore that.
He mentioned DMC but as already discussed, it wasn't Sony policy since the JPN version was untouched. So he just ignores what the policy actually covers.
5) Nintendo VOWS to not censor is a sensationalist title that doesn't reflect the quote his uses from Nintendo.
So yeah, the vid is just straight up misleading.
Uh, I see... ok then.
I just posted my concern based on what others are saying on the internet, I am not just making this up. Maybe you are right will wait and see. People are saying the opposite and saying its more than just Visual Story games etc.
Also Don doesn't live with me, he has no idea what I own and not owned. I shrug it off and laugh as I find it funny how some people think they know you more then you know yourself. He probably thinks all I have is an Xbox.
Who said anything about Days Gone? Its simply not far fetched to assume Horizon, TLOU & Uncharted will surpass Halo in popularity for the coming generation. These are titles that can sell upwards of 15+ Million, move hardware, garner critical acclaim, and are expanded upon in other forms of media. What more proof do you need?
Those sales figures show a decline in the Halo franchise lol. Can it do better? Sure. Will it do better? That's yet to be determined. And again, user base is not the only variable to consider when it comes to sales. Halo's popularity has been shrinking for years. A big factor to this is the COD franchise and the amount of multiplayer games in general. Halo used to the biggest FPS brand in gaming. Not anymore.
How come Halo 5 couldn't out sell Halo 2 despite the former having the advantage of a much larger user base?
Your comparison to Halo is very strange. Horizon isn't a master piece and didn't win any GOTY that actually hold weight and didn't even score over a 90 on meta (Currently on a 89) so why are we comparing it to an IP that has on multiple occasions hit over a 90 meta, sold 10m on multiple occasions and won its fair share of awards throughout its history..? That's why I am bringing up Days Gone because Days Gone could possibly sell 10m copies same as Horizon so you might as well include that game as well in your comparison. Uncharted is an IP that has finished and even in its prime wasn't bigger than Halo last gen. TLOU is Sony's Juggernaut which has potential but it takes more than 1 game to prove to be bigger. Halo has a monster following, something you underestimate big time.
Halo Reach is a spinoff, it's not a numbered entry into the main Story arc trilogies. - Halo Wars was also a Prequel.
Reach is a high budget FPS Halo game marketed towards the Halo audience. Not being a sequel should not matter in this debate. Halo Wars is a series that isn't marketed towards the Halo audience and is a completely different game.
If you would like to include Halo 3 ODST that would only favour my debate.
^ Halo 3 - 14m
v Halo ODST - 6m
^ Halo Reach - 10m
^ Halo 4 - 10m
v Halo 5 - 5m
That graph shows that Halo dipped with ODST but its decline only lasted until reach came out and 4 afterwards that brought the franchise back up to 10m. Halo 5 is ODST this gen and we will wait and see weather Infinite picks the franchise back up.
Doesn't look like we will agree on this and I will disagree not including Reach in the convo. Its not out of disrespect but I feel that game shouldn't be brushed aside like you are doing.Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 July 2019