Who won E3 1996?

Nintendo 24 54.55%

SEGA 3 6.82%

Sony 17 38.64%

Microsoft 0 0%

Total:44
Dulfite said:
VAMatt said:
From the list of highlights in the OP, I'd say Nintendo won. But, from my very loose recollections of the time, I'd say Sony got the most run. So, they probably won.

It certainly wasn't Sega or MS.

I wish I could find a source for information regarding 3rd party company games for that E3, so we could have more options on who to vote for like the 1995 poll, but I've find next to nothing in that regard without looking at specific company websites, which would take forever.

Don't worry. A 3rd party will never win E3 until at least the 2010s.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
Dulfite said:

I wish I could find a source for information regarding 3rd party company games for that E3, so we could have more options on who to vote for like the 1995 poll, but I've find next to nothing in that regard without looking at specific company websites, which would take forever.

Don't worry. A 3rd party will never win E3 until at least the 2010s.

Yeah that's probably right and even then it will be hard due to fanboys, but we shall see. I consider myself to be a Nintendo hardcore fan, but the year that Mario+Rabbids was announced I gave Ubisoft the win for that E3 (my first time saying a third party won). 

In the night, dream delight, I want to say Sega won. Because Nights and Panzer Dragoon are good. I think Sony and Nintendo had a good year though, Miyamoto was impressed by that water tech in Crash Bandicoot and Mario 64 is just incredible.

Gonna have to go with Nintendo. Nothing really compared to the hype train of the N64 and Super Mario 64 at the time, regardless of whatever may have happened from 1997 onward.

PS1 was definitely better in its second year, and had the strongest library, but its killer app was still a year off. It was the most solid of the three, but it wasn't really an exciting system yet in terms of games.

Saturn was already an also-ran to the N64 and PS1.

Considering FF VII launched not much later than E3 2016 I think Sony won that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Analog stick unveil is huge N64 games being shown blow everything else out of the water. I just smoked a nice dose of nostalgia. Thanks for that.