By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN journalist don't want to play CoD: Modern Warfare because it's too intense.

That's ok, they just won't play it then. I don't see why this post was made lol

Around the Network

Was watching Hutch's thoughts on it (OG CoD Youtuber, ex-Machina Respawn host) and he basically said that this was one of the few times that a video game actually made his stomach turn (much more than No Russian) partly because it felt much more rooted in reality, like it was almost too much for him. If you don't like that kind of thing and you don't want to play a video game like that, that's entirely fair.

Last edited by sundin13 - on 17 June 2019

What a load of bollocks

Once a crybaby, always a crybaby. You can't do basically anthing without offending such pussies.

I’m now more interested in MW than I ever have been for a COD game. Sounds like they’re trying to make this appropriately visceral and realistic.

Around the Network
twintail said:
I dunno... trying to showcase the realities of war while simultaneously aggrandising a power fantasy seems somewhat at odds to me.

will be interesting to see how it works out though

Spec Ops: the Line remains the only shooter I've played that shows the horrors of war effectively without coming coming off as oblivious.  

Unless they made some dramatic changes in the writer's room, I don't thin CoD will pull it off effectively. 

Mordred11 said:
vivster said:
Back to massacring civilians I see.

Back to implementing real-life scenarios that are happening in our current time I see.

Skip to 1:48

Tell me about how that happens in real life.