By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Songs of Conquest

What do you think?

looks bad 1 12.50%

need more info 3 37.50%

looks good 3 37.50%

not my cup of tea 1 12.50%

Total:8

A reveal from the E3 (PC Gaming Show) that is talked about much too less here in my opinion is Songs of Conquest. And for me it isn't that much the trailer (which basically said nothing) but the talk around it that signified it as a game in the vein Heroes of Might and Magic. This is big for me and probably for other HoMM fans (@The_Liquid_Laser ?). Well, here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsT9cINcAXs

What do you all think?

Last edited by Mnementh - on 13 June 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It definitely has potential. I need more info though. I hardly ever do PC gaming anymore, however if this really is as good as HoMM 2&3, then that would probably be enough to draw me back in.

How the fuck did i miss this?
Im so done with homm7, yes please

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
It definitely has potential. I need more info though. I hardly ever do PC gaming anymore, however if this really is as good as HoMM 2&3, then that would probably be enough to draw me back in.

Yeah, well, the trailer did not say much. The guys talking about it drew connections to HoMM, so I gather that is the goal of the devs, to make a game like this. Sadly the trailer doesn't show much, no figths for instance.

kirby007 said:
How the fuck did i miss this?
Im so done with homm7, yes please

PC Gaming Show. Probably few on this site watched it. I skipped through it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Can't be worse than the Ubisoft HoMMs, so I'm eager to see how this plays out.

Around the Network

Well, I included it in the article about the games you may have missed from E3, so I've done my part of spreading awareness of the game.

Darashiva said:
Well, I included it in the article about the games you may have missed from E3, so I've done my part of spreading awareness of the game.

Yeah, I read that, thanks.

Hopefully it turns out good.

Gotta love the pixel look. Reminds me of the old Settler games.

Summerset said:

Damn, now the soundtrack is stuck in my head!

Here, for you:

Although, my favorite track was probably Song 13, not Song 2 (Song 1 is the intro music):

Btw, did you know that tracks 8 and 9 are the music from the first game? Track 8 is the intro, track 9 the (only) ingame music of the first settlers. Hence why Song 9 has so much variety, to hide the fact a bit that it was the only song in the first game during play. And that one had 30 missions plus infinite amount of skirmish maps!

And I don't know about you, but I largely prefer the chiptune versions to the CD quality ones.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Summerset said:

Damn, now the soundtrack is stuck in my head!

Here, for you:

Although, my favorite track was probably Song 13, not Song 2 (Song 1 is the intro music):

Btw, did you know that tracks 8 and 9 are the music from the first game? Track 8 is the intro, track 9 the (only) ingame music of the first settlers. Hence why Song 9 has so much variety, to hide the fact a bit that it was the only song in the first game during play. And that one had 30 missions plus infinite amount of skirmish maps!

And I don't know about you, but I largely prefer the chiptune versions to the CD quality ones.

Classics! Played it again on the DS a few years ago. Held up suprisingly well.