By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - New AMD GPUs to launch July 7th.

haxxiy said:

RTG continues to need a full node advantage to hope to match Nvidia after Maxwell in efficiency. But now they are lagging even further behind than Polaris etc. with the competition's ray-tracing cores. Catastrophic.

What gets me, is how it's supposedly absent for desktop cards, but it's going to be there for next gen systems, I mean how do you fuck up that hard?.

All Nvidia has to do now is just release a more efficient high and middle end card or 3, that all dabble in RT, and do it more efficiently, while AMD sits there with no desktop card capable of doing it, yet consoles apparently will. This has to be some sort of stupid fuck up. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
haxxiy said:

RTG continues to need a full node advantage to hope to match Nvidia after Maxwell in efficiency. But now they are lagging even further behind than Polaris etc. with the competition's ray-tracing cores. Catastrophic.

What gets me, is how it's supposedly absent for desktop cards, but it's going to be there for next gen systems, I mean how do you fuck up that hard?.

All Nvidia has to do now is just release a more efficient high and middle end card or 3, that all dabble in RT, and do it more efficiently, while AMD sits there with no desktop card capable of doing it, yet consoles apparently will. This has to be some sort of stupid fuck up. 

Not at all RT is not ready, the RTX cards have been a flop whereby you buy a card and turn off the feature. It renders performance useless otherwise, it will be ready with more time.

Random_Matt said:
Chazore said:

Not at all RT is not ready, the RTX cards have been a flop whereby you buy a card and turn off the feature. It renders performance useless otherwise, it will be ready with more time.

Full list of games that officially support ray tracing:

• Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Atomic Heart
  • Battlefield 5
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Control
  • Enlisted
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Metro Exodus
  • Quake II
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Stay in the Light
  • Justice
  • JX3
  • Project DH
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood

The support just isn't there yet. No Ray Tracing support isn't a deal breaker for me.

shikamaru317 said:

The pricing is terrible. All pre-release rumors over the last couple of years pegged Navi as a replacement for Polaris, not as a replacement for Vega. The whole point of these cards according to leaks was that they would offer Vega tier performance at Polaris tier prices (less than $300). Now we find out they are ridiculously overpriced. What a major hype killer for a mid-range gamer like myself. Who knows how long we will have to wait on a $250 Navi card now, and even if we get one the performance won't be a huge increase over the current 580. 

? Seems well prices to me. A 580 hardly cuts it a 1440P/144Hz. 

A 2070 is a over priced card, you have features unusable at playable frame rates. The XT has better performance at a lower price without some RT which is quite frankly unusable.

Random_Matt said:
shikamaru317 said:

The pricing is terrible. All pre-release rumors over the last couple of years pegged Navi as a replacement for Polaris, not as a replacement for Vega. The whole point of these cards according to leaks was that they would offer Vega tier performance at Polaris tier prices (less than $300). Now we find out they are ridiculously overpriced. What a major hype killer for a mid-range gamer like myself. Who knows how long we will have to wait on a $250 Navi card now, and even if we get one the performance won't be a huge increase over the current 580. 

A 2070 is a over priced card, you have features unusable at playable frame rates. The XT has better performance at a lower price without some RT which is quite frankly unusable.

580/590 can't do Witcher 3 at 1440p 60 FPS. At least not unless you turn all the graphics settings down to their lowest level. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Random_Matt said:

580/590 can't do Witcher 3 at 1440p 60 FPS. At least not unless you turn all the graphics settings down to their lowest level. 

Why you quoting me? I would not subject myself to a low end card.

Random_Matt said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Because you said 580 would just barely cut it at 1440p/144 FPS. IMO it doesn't cut it at all at 1440p/144 FPS.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 11 June 2019

Cerebralbore101 said:
Random_Matt said:

Because you said 580 would just barely cut it at 1440p/144 FPS. IMO it doesn't cut it at all at 1440p/144 FPS.

You are right, I was replying originally to someone else who pointed out a RX 580.

Pemalite said:

Not what Anandtech is saying though.

I was mostly posting in relation to GCN rather than RDNA so I don't know how much of this is true for the latter ... 

With RDNA, we're getting both a SIMD64 and a SIMD32 mode ... 

Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

I really, really, like the look and styling of the card. Hopefully that blower ain't so loud with the RDNA efficiency gains.

Speaking of which, I wonder how long before the meme's show up pointing out the card 'runs so hot that the shroud partially melted on top'?

I would have rather AMD kept it square and simple. The dent on top looks bad.
Have to say... nVidia's styling is a step up over AMD's GPU's.

Looks like I am waiting for a card with an aftermarket cooler!

The 5700 keeps that look. A little boring to me. The XT is just different enough to make it interesting but doesn't stray to far from the typical square look. It's like the OG PS4. It's just a two tiered box, but the fact that it's on an angle gives it some flair without going overboard. The 2000 series Nvidia cards do look pretty decent.

The AIB's will likely have some better cooling and very well may go with axial fans instead of the blower. Depends on the efficiency and the overclocking capabilities and whether it's worth it or not. They are mid tier cards like Polaris was so.