4 6 9.68%

3 2 3.23%

2 2 3.23%

1 1 1.61%

Total:62
Azzanation said:
V-r0cK said:
It was just a very typical Microsoft E3 for me:

You got the standard 3 games MS can't live without, Halo, Forza, and Gears. And then 99% of the games that actually interest you are multiplats, while any Japanese games they show will sell significantly greater on the Playstation. I expected more with all those devs they boasted about buying.

Yes but all those games will play better on the X or PC.

Yes but sales can tell you not many really cares if it plays better on X or PC.  Majority of multiplat games usually sell more on Playstation (for now on this gen, not sure how next gen will play out).

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

MS will never announce a new AAA console exclusive IP from its studios. It's Gears, Forza, and Halo from now until the end of time. -_-

MS: We bought a bunch of new studios. Also, we'll be talking about XB2.

Me: Guess I better watch that E3 Conference then. 

MS: Gears, Forza, Halo. Scarlett will be really powerful, and have an SSD. 

Me: -_-

Yes, I have the same feeling. Although I know it's not been too long since they started buying everyone.

Frank_kc said:
My 2 cents, Death Stranding trailer tops anything I have seen today in MS Conference....

Yes. I wouldn't say tops, but Death Stranding alone has been enough so far for PS. The game looks jaw dropping.

twintail said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yep. No dumb early focus on multimedia and Kinect like XB1. Just a pure game console. Assuming the price is right, Scarlett is basically guaranteed to sell more than Xbox One, especially since they're going to have a stronger 1st party next-gen than they had this gen. 

Maybe,  maybe not.  

I don't see any evidence of MS software being stronger.  Looks pretty much the same to me.

The scarlett section was handled pretty badly.  Playing catch up to Sony on stuff we already know (loading, 8k, 120hz, custom ssd) and showing off Halo without any wow factor. 

I agree. It's like yeah yeah we have everything PS5 will have and take this Halo here. Although Halo looks good, in my opinion, Death Stranding and the samurai game for PS4 would look more impressive as next gen than that Halo trailer.

John2290 said:

This has met the minimal expectations of a the dragon ball game I've imagined over the last 20years so it's going to be well above awesome. After being burned by fighter after fighter, often badly done, I had lost hope and I have long since realized the game in my mind can never be created until Skynet level AI can man the job so this is the best we will get and I for one am happy as fuck. Why didn't they tout this out with gameplay at the Xbox E3, such a missed opportunity as I imeaditly though "action RPG, my ass" with nothing to back it up. I have faith now. 

The thought that crosses my mind is "why haven't they ever done this game before?"

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I really think the $15 per month price of Gamepass Ultimate was the biggest thing to come out of the XB show. I know that doesn't appeal to everyone (I'm not a subscriber either), but it really shows how aggressive MS is going to be with their services. Frankly, even though we know very little about XCloud, I'm excited about it, because MS has made clear that they are not fucking around with their push into services and digital delivery.

For people like us, on a VG sales forum, this isn't the most fun thing to talk about. But, from a gaming business perspective, I think the shift to digital delivery is very interesting. The next several years will be full of changes, or at least attempts at changes.

shikamaru317 said:
o_O.Q said:

so we're looking at $500 consoles again?

Awhile back we heard that MS would have their Lockhart and Anaconda consoles at $300-350 and $500 respectively (Anaconda is the one that MS announced today). PS5 is supposedly somewhere in the middle, at around the $400-450 range, and isn't quite as powerful as Scarlett Anaconda. But we'll have to wait and see. Sony could increase their specs and their price to match the Anaconda before release, or Anaconda could come in cheaper than $500 if MS is willing to sell at a loss in order to boost install base size as much as possible early gen. 

CGI-Quality said:
o_O.Q said:

so we're looking at $500 consoles again?

I want to say $399, but $449-$499 is possible. Frankly, I'm fine with it, because I'd prefer a bigger jump this time, while not going all PS3 crazy with the price.

You guys are optimistic :) I think PS5 will be $500 and Xbox anaconda $600 along with an cheap xbox probably priced at $350. With 7nm wafer costs, Navi 10 being 255mm2 and pulling 225W for 9,75TF I can't see them being any cheaper.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

looks like the new consoles will out perform a PC

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Skeeuk said:
looks like the new consoles will out perform a PC

Consoles generally can outperform low-end (and even some) midrange PCs. High-end and Enthusiast grade, on the other hand, will remain out of their reach.

it depends on what the ballpark is for enthusiast grade PC. the more expensive the pc doesnt give better visuals as such its like diminished returns

eg 4k tv playing watchdogs 2 if you have a vega 64 etc and another pc x2 2080ti sli the extra 6-700£ wont give it jumps from high to ultra ultra ultra if you know what i mean.

what im excited about is the new consoles will finally be able to push those visuals 60fps if they can release a £449 box that does 4k 60fps with extremly good settings what would be the point in buying a £500 gpu what more can it get you?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Next Xbox wont be $600. Microsoft will take the lose at $500.

shikamaru317 said:
John2290 said:
Wow, Ubisoft just shot Stadia in the head for me. I was skeptical as it was but was hoping it would work as stated but now even if it works it's an instant flop. Subscriptions within subscription services, ffs, I'm already trying to decluter my bank statement of these fuvking things while still getting as most of the content as I can. Seems film and game studios are intent on killing the digital age of subscriptions and promoting another age of piracy. Fools.

I mean you can still buy the Ubisoft games on Stadia. Uplay+ is just an option to get to play them for 1 month for $15 instead of paying the full $60 each time a new Ubisoft game you want to play releases. But I assume you posted this in the wrong thread, because this is the Xbox thread, not Ubisoft or Stadia. 

This. It's like how you can get EA Access on XBO and PS4 but you still have the option to just buy their games.

Can't believe it's taken me a whole day for this to click in my head, but there was no Forza in the Microsoft presentation (and no, I'm not counting the DLC).

I'm mean, the Motorsport series had grown stale for me so I was probably going to skip 8 if it had come this year, but if they've pushed it back to next year to launch in Project Scarlett then that reaffirms my belief that the motorsport series is more or less tech demo series for Microsoft to showcase thier hardware.

SecondWar said:

Can't believe it's taken me a whole day for this to click in my head, but there was no Forza in the Microsoft presentation (and no, I'm not counting the DLC).

I'm mean, the Motorsport series had grown stale for me so I was probably going to skip 8 if it had come this year, but if they've pushed it back to next year to launch in Project Scarlett then that reaffirms my belief that the motorsport series is more or less tech demo series for Microsoft to showcase thier hardware.

They focused on dlc for FM8. They just started FM9 development earlier this year.