By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia conference with pricing, games, and release details set for June 6th at Noon EST/ 9 AM PST

The Fury said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Yeesh. This is going to hit consoles hard next year. It basically makes it so you don't need any hardware to play the games you buy.

It's like PS Now doesn't exist.

Isn't PS Now mostly PS2 and PS3 games though? Also, isn't the resolution just 720 at 30 FPS? And isn't Sony's way behind Google in terms of being able to supply a good streaming service?  

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
The Fury said:

It's like PS Now doesn't exist.

Isn't PS Now mostly PS2 and PS3 games though? Also, isn't the resolution just 720 at 30 FPS? And isn't Sony's way behind Google in terms of being able to supply a good streaming service?  

ps now is light years behing what google intends to launch.

Yeah I still basically have 0 interest in streaming, unless Google makes a console that lets you download the games there really isn't anything that interest me with this.

10€/month to play at 4k/60 and 5.1 sound and also buy the game, and then pray for my internet to work. No thanks.

I can get ps plus for less than 2.5€/month, buy a new game for less than 35 or buy a game and sell it or trade with a friend, and play with no internet.

Im waiting for ps5.

Well, lets see how xCloud is going to work.
Gamepass offers tons of games for 10$ a month as well.
If xCloud offer to stream all my xbox library + gamepass library, is going to be far more attractive than stadia.

Around the Network

Still not interested

shikamaru317 said:
haxxiy said:

So, you have to buy the games? Like the poster above, I was expecting something more like Netflix, even if somewhat more expensive.

Not sure if this is worth even for the "free" 1080p gaming. It might do for someone on a pinch, but anyone would be better off spending less than $150 for a GPU able to do the same with far less input latency and internet use.

A 10.7 tflop GPU currently costs alot more than $150. Google Stadia server blades each have a 10.7 tflop AMD GPU. 

Do you think they'll increase detail and kindly crank up their GPUs to 100% for you to play for free? Obviously not. A fraction of it will do.

Electricity is more expensive than bandwidth. No wonder the one free service Google once thought putting behind a paywall was Google Translate, because it's the most demanding on their physical hardware.

Last edited by haxxiy - on 06 June 2019

I hope I don't eat my words, but this kinda reminded me of the Wii U.

Multiplatform games that are availabe already on other systems. The Wii U even had some exclusives day one. What is Google REALLY offering here? I'm gonna be crazy if I'm wrong, but this Stadia thing looks like a total train wreck.

I'll likely give it a shot when the non-subscription option hits. But, I can't see myself paying $130 for the privilege of then paying $10 per month to maintain the further privilege of paying full price for games.

If they end up with a nice catalogue of current gen, AA and AAA games included in the subscription price, I may bite. But, right now, the only advantage I see to Stadia is the ability to play when away from my console. But, until 5G allows mobile play, I just don't see myself being able to make use of that feature often enough to justify a subscription, much less the $130 for a controller and dongle that I don't need.

Azelover said:

I hope I don't eat my words, but this kinda reminded me of the Wii U.

Multiplatform games that are availabe already on other systems. The Wii U even had some exclusives day one. What is Google REALLY offering here? I'm gonna be crazy if I'm wrong, but this Stadia thing looks like a total train wreck.

How important are games to you? A game lineup you can play on any other platform? Feel the need to be immersed in a fantasy world ALL OF THE TIME? Spurts of The Crew 2 while you floss your teeth? With an almost guaranteed inferior experience than is offered by the competition, but you can play AAA games while you shit in an airport? Stadia! Plus, it's Google, so you can just sit back feel good that you're supporting them. I have a feeling..... most of what they'll bring to the table with Stadia will be good for both the gaming consumer and the art form in general. In both the short and the long term. Just speculation on that point.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."