By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Witcher 3 revealed for the Switch!

HoangNhatAnh said:
Vodacixi said:

I am not comparing those. I'm saying that even if the graphics are a little lower than the low PC settings, it would still look reasonably decent. I mentioned DOOM and Wolfenstein only as precedents of this fact. I'm just talking about the hypothetical graphic quality of the game.

Yeah, just like FFXV case you mean? It's graphic is only the same or near The Witcher 3 at best, and you know the result

Final Fantasy XV is more advanced than The Witcher 3.  In every single category.  They aren't on the same level.  Nice try.

Around the Network
linkink said:
Vodacixi said:

Well then... PS4 must be struggling to run a last gen game like GTA V because it has some drops here and there during busy sequences. Or Skyrim. Or many others.

Is this all you got? Can you stop this useless and hollow argument of yours?

GTAV runs 99% locked now. It's the most technically demanding last gen game, it's not even close. Aside from that, big upgrades were made to the ps4 version graphically, and significantly increased traffic density, foliage, etc. Now compare that to the zelda video from DF, a night and day difference. Another point why we use zelda, it's the only impressive open world game on switch that runs well. skyrim is not impressive, it was ugly game even on 360 in 2011.

s

You wish it ran locked now. It runs exactly the same as when it came out. And that is with drops during busy sequences. 

Don't be a liar and coward conviniently showing the DF video with mostly cutscenes and driving. Of course that's locked 30. Show the other Digital Foundry video were the framerate can't stay at 30 during certain sequences. Oh, you won't. Because you don't have arguments.

Big improvements were made, yes. Also, PS4 far, far superior to PS3. Which not only compensates for said improvements, but even leaves margin to do even better things as demonstrated by RDR 2. By your own logic, there's no reason for the PS4 to not run GTA V or Skyrim at a perfect 30fps. By yoir own logic, PS4 struggles to run a last gen open world game. Just like the Switch. And yet, PS4 can run new games like The Witcher 3. So... by your own logic, the Switch should be able to do it to. With obvious downgrades of course, we're talking about a portable machine with limited resources.

C'mon, keep trying. You almost ran out of lies and false arguments. Just a little more, buddy... almost there.

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 31 May 2019

Nuvendil said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, just like FFXV case you mean? It's graphic is only the same or near The Witcher 3 at best, and you know the result

Final Fantasy XV is more advanced than The Witcher 3.  In every single category.  They aren't on the same level.  Nice try.

Not to me, i mostly saw a lot of errors, sometimes very bad resolution and graphic downgrades in FFXV only, almost none of them in The Witcher 3, sorry :))

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nuvendil said:

Not to me, i mostly saw a lot of errors, sometimes very bad resolution and graphic downgrades in FFXV only, almost none of them in The Witcher 3, sorry :))

Seriously what are you talking about? Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games on the ps4 but Witcher 3 isnt even comparable to ff15. Ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4

Vodacixi said:
linkink said:

GTAV runs 99% locked now. It's the most technically demanding last gen game, it's not even close. Aside from that, big upgrades were made to the ps4 version graphically, and significantly increased traffic density, foliage, etc. Now compare that to the zelda video from DF, a night and day difference. Another point why we use zelda, it's the only impressive open world game on switch that runs well. skyrim is not impressive, it was ugly game even on 360 in 2011.

s

You wish it ran locked now. It runs exactly the same as when it came out. And that is with drops during busy sequences. 

Don't be a liar and coward conviniently showing the DF video with mostly cutscenes and driving. Of course that's locked 30. Show the other Digital Foundry video were the framerate can't stay at 30 during certain sequences. Oh, you won't. Because you don't have arguments.

Big improvements were made, yes. Also, PS4 far, far superior to PS3. Which not only compensates for said improvements, but even leaves margin to do even better things as demonstrated by RDR 2. By your own logic, there's no reason for the PS4 to not run GTA V or Skyrim at a perfect 30fps. By yoir own logic, PS4 struggles to run a last gen open world game. Just like the Switch. And yet, PS4 can run new games like The Witcher 3. So... by your own logic, the Switch should be able to do it to. With obvious downgrades of course, we're talking about a portable machine with limited resources.

C'mon, keep trying. You almost ran out of lies and false arguments. Just a little more, buddy... almost there.

Oh boy, I'm concerned about your mental well being, throwing around insults over nothing. Aside from that, that video is what DF posted after the patch showing the problematic areas before the patch,  which if you watched it, the frames dropped mostly while driving. the video is 24 minutes long for god's sake, mostly gameplay

Aside from that. I already explained to you, switch still doesn't have a impressive open world game that Has locked 30fps, AC3 is a impressive one but ran like crap, la noir aslo runs bad, then you have zelda a last gen game which runs fine, but certainly struggles to hold 30fps. 

Last edited by linkink - on 31 May 2019

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Seriously what are you talking about? Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games on the ps4 but Witcher 3 isnt even comparable to ff15. Ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4

come on now, horizon and RDR2 smoke it.

linkink said:
Vodacixi said:

Oh boy, I'm concerned about your mental well being, throwing around insults over nothing. Aside from that, that video is what DF posted after the patch showing the problematic areas before the patch,  which if you watched it, the frames dropped mostly while driving.

Aside from that out, I already explained to you switch still doesn't have a impressive open world game that a locked 30fps, AC3 is a impressive one but rans like crap, la noir aslo runs bad, then you have zelda a last gen game which runs fine, but certainly struggles to hold 30fps. 

Oh, don't worry about me. You should worry about yourself and your problem to accept you're wrong ^^

Dude, the video you show is not after a patch. Is actually BEFORE the actual analysis from Digital Foundry. Their latest and most recently analyisis show drops under a lot of stress. Since you don't have the balls to admit you were wrong or that you were lying, don't worry, I'll do it for ya:

Your video is from November 14th 2014. This one (the one in the actual Digital Foundry Analysis) is from November 29th 2014. Two weeks apart. And in this video everyone can see how the framerate dances between 25-30fps during some sequences. Chew slowly pal, we don't want you to choke from eating back your own shit :)

You have explained nothing. The only thing you have done is being humilliated again and again and again. Your whole argument was "The Switch struggles to run last gen open world games at a solid framerate, therefore it can't run a next gent open world game". Argument that I have completely crushed by now, showing you that even current gen systems don't have perfect framerates on last gen open world games.

Most Nintendo Switch ports are shit. But not because of the console, but because the developers don't do their jobs. If Skyrim can run at 900p with many of the visual upgrades of the remastered edition at a solid framerate, there is no excuse for L.A. Noire or Saints Row to run line shit.

Can we call this topic a day already?

Vodacixi said:
linkink said:

Oh boy, I'm concerned about your mental well being, throwing around insults over nothing. Aside from that, that video is what DF posted after the patch showing the problematic areas before the patch,  which if you watched it, the frames dropped mostly while driving.

Aside from that out, I already explained to you switch still doesn't have a impressive open world game that a locked 30fps, AC3 is a impressive one but rans like crap, la noir aslo runs bad, then you have zelda a last gen game which runs fine, but certainly struggles to hold 30fps. 

Oh, don't worry about me. You should worry about yourself and your problem to accept you're wrong ^^

Dude, the video you show is not after a patch. Is actually BEFORE the actual analysis from Digital Foundry. Their latest and most recently analyisis show drops under a lot of stress. Since you don't have the balls to admit you were wrong or that you were lying, don't worry, I'll do it for ya:

Your video is from November 14th 2014. This one (the one in the actual Digital Foundry Analysis) is from November 29th 2014. Two weeks apart. And in this video everyone can see how the framerate dances between 25-30fps during some sequences. Chew slowly pal, we don't want you to choke from eating back your own shit :)

You have explained nothing. The only thing you have done is being humilliated again and again and again. Your whole argument was "The Switch struggles to run last gen open world games at a solid framerate, therefore it can't run a next gent open world game". Argument that I have completely crushed by now, showing you that even current gen systems don't have perfect framerates on last gen open world games.

Most Nintendo Switch ports are shit. But not because of the console, but because the developers don't do their jobs. If Skyrim can run at 900p with many of the visual upgrades of the remastered edition at a solid framerate, there is no excuse for L.A. Noire or Saints Row to run line shit.

lol The video you posted was a solid 30fps the whole time on ps4, one section where it dropped to 27fps for total of 1 second. GTAV for ps4 saw many huge upgrades, it's not really a last gen game anyway. now compare that to the zelda video it's a night and day difference. Are you mistaking the ps3 footage for ps4? LMAO.

Skyrim is not has technically advanced as AC3, and LA noir, Both of those games ran like crap on 360/ps3. skyrim ran very good on 360, and the switch version is much closer to the 360 version.

Edit: even funnier is that you say i picked a video where it's mostly driving, and the funny part is in that video the frames only dropped while driving. again these are suppose to be the most stressful situations, this video you posted along with 24 minute video are the same thing. Talk about eating shit.

linkink said:
Vodacixi said:

lol The video you posted was a solid 30fps the whole time on ps4, one section where it dropped to 27fps for total of 1 second. GTAV for ps4 saw many huge upgrades, it's not really a last gen game anyway. now compare that to the zelda video it's a night and day difference. Are you mistaking the ps3 footage for ps4? LMAO.

Skyrim is not has technically advanced as AC3, and LA noir, Both of those games ran like crap on 360/ps3. skyrim ran very good on 360, and the switch version is much closer to the 360 version.

This is just precious. First you said your video was after the patch. Now that you have been exposed you say: "Uh... hmmm... yeah... well... hmmm... IS NOT THAT BAD, ITS ONLY THAT ONE TIME... ITSNOTEVENALASTGENGAMEDHSHDKDJSHSINDIZELDAISWORSEFUDDKODHEIDU!!!!!". Seriously, get your shit together and get the heck out of here already. You tried. You failed miserably over and over. It's time you accept you're wrong.

L.A. Noire is a linear game, not open world at all... and AC 3 on Switch doesn't run much better than the Wii U version, despite the Switch being more powerful and modern. Why would that be? Ah, right, they optimized the Switch ports like shit. Just like I've been saying since you started this nonsense of yours.

And... Skyrim actually shares a lot of the enhancements of the remastered edition. That plus running at 900p instead of 720p and having an even more stable framerate should be enough for you to realize that the Switch can run last gen open world games far better than previous consoles.

You done or do I have to clean your drooling?

Vodacixi said:
linkink said:

This is just precious. First you said your video was after the patch. Now that you have been exposed you say: "Uh... hmmm... yeah... well... hmmm... IS NOT THAT BAD, ITS ONLY THAT ONE TIME... ITSNOTEVENALASTGENGAMEDHSHDKDJSHSINDIZELDAISWORSEFUDDKODHEIDU!!!!!". Seriously, get your shit together and get the heck out of here already. You tried. You failed miserably over and over. It's time you accept you're wrong.

L.A. Noire is a linear game, not open world at all... and AC 3 on Switch doesn't run much better than the Wii U version, despite the Switch being more powerful and modern. Why would that be? Ah, right, they optimized the Switch ports like shit. Just like I've been saying since you started this nonsense of yours.

And... Skyrim actually shares a lot of the enhancements of the remastered edition. That plus running at 900p instead of 720p and having an even more stable framerate should be enough for you to realize that the Switch can run last gen open world games far better than previous consoles.

You done or do I have to clean your drooling?

I suggest you go see a doctor and get your eyes checked, we watched 30 minutes of Df gtav ,and it ran 99% locked which is what i said. Mean while zelda is hitting 20fps on the regular in the DF video, yes it's struggling to maintain 30fps accept the fact.  you are pretty much a clown at this point, you call me out on a video where its mostly driving then you post a video where frames drop only in a driving section.

As for Skyrim, it's missing the volumetric lighting in the nextgen versions, plus the increased density in foilage which was the biggest aspects of skyrim remastered.

Anyway i'm done, not wasting my time arguing with someone that acts like a child.