By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Witcher 3 revealed for the Switch!

linkink said:
Vodacixi said:

This is just precious. First you said your video was after the patch. Now that you have been exposed you say: "Uh... hmmm... yeah... well... hmmm... IS NOT THAT BAD, ITS ONLY THAT ONE TIME... ITSNOTEVENALASTGENGAMEDHSHDKDJSHSINDIZELDAISWORSEFUDDKODHEIDU!!!!!". Seriously, get your shit together and get the heck out of here already. You tried. You failed miserably over and over. It's time you accept you're wrong.

L.A. Noire is a linear game, not open world at all... and AC 3 on Switch doesn't run much better than the Wii U version, despite the Switch being more powerful and modern. Why would that be? Ah, right, they optimized the Switch ports like shit. Just like I've been saying since you started this nonsense of yours.

And... Skyrim actually shares a lot of the enhancements of the remastered edition. That plus running at 900p instead of 720p and having an even more stable framerate should be enough for you to realize that the Switch can run last gen open world games far better than previous consoles.

You done or do I have to clean your drooling?

I suggest you go see a doctor and get your eyes checked, we watched 30 minutes of Df gtav ,and it ran 99% locked which is what i said. Mean while zelda is hitting 20fps on the regular in the DF video, yes it's struggling to maintain 30fps accept the fact.  you are pretty much a clown at this point, you call me out on a video where its mostly driving then you post a video where frames drop only in a driving section.

As for Skyrim, it's missing the volumetric lighting in the nextgen versions, plus the increased density in foilage which was the biggest aspects of skyrim remastered.

Anyway i'm done, not wasting my time arguing with someone that acts like a child. 

There, there... I'll clean your drool...

Thank God you finally gave up. Your sense of ridiculousness seemed to have no limit :D

Around the Network
linkink said:
Vodacixi said:

This is just precious. First you said your video was after the patch. Now that you have been exposed you say: "Uh... hmmm... yeah... well... hmmm... IS NOT THAT BAD, ITS ONLY THAT ONE TIME... ITSNOTEVENALASTGENGAMEDHSHDKDJSHSINDIZELDAISWORSEFUDDKODHEIDU!!!!!". Seriously, get your shit together and get the heck out of here already. You tried. You failed miserably over and over. It's time you accept you're wrong.

L.A. Noire is a linear game, not open world at all... and AC 3 on Switch doesn't run much better than the Wii U version, despite the Switch being more powerful and modern. Why would that be? Ah, right, they optimized the Switch ports like shit. Just like I've been saying since you started this nonsense of yours.

And... Skyrim actually shares a lot of the enhancements of the remastered edition. That plus running at 900p instead of 720p and having an even more stable framerate should be enough for you to realize that the Switch can run last gen open world games far better than previous consoles.

You done or do I have to clean your drooling?

I suggest you go see a doctor and get your eyes checked, we watched 30 minutes of Df gtav ,and it ran 99% locked which is what i said. Mean while zelda is hitting 20fps on the regular in the DF video, yes it's struggling to maintain 30fps accept the fact.  you are pretty much a clown at this point, you call me out on a video where its mostly driving then you post a video where frames drop only in a driving section.

As for Skyrim, it's missing the volumetric lighting in the nextgen versions, plus the increased density in foilage which was the biggest aspects of skyrim remastered.

Anyway i'm done, not wasting my time arguing with someone that acts like a child. 

You've both been acting silly frankly.  But if you look at the whole of their coverage of BotW, they make it very clear many, many, many times that their stress test videos are STRESS TESTS.  The vast majority of the game is 30.  And it has improved since, which they have said many, many, many times.  Also, BotW makes use of a double buffer vsync.  So when it drops, that attempts to force a 20fps lock until 30fps is reestablished.  This makes the exact performance struggles tougher to judge since if the game drops to 28fps, the double buffer vsync will attempt to force it to 20fps.  If this were enabled in GTAV, for example, all those 2 to 3 second periods of hovering around 27fps on PS4 would tank all the way down to 20fps.  And Xbone would have it even worse.  And honestly I haven't a clue why this is enabled to begin with.

Oh and GTAV is was and always will be a 7th gen game.  It was dolled up for PS4 but it is still a 7th gen game and still has the technical makeup and look of one.

Skyrim is missing the lighting and the increased *grass mesh* density.  It is not missing the hand-added details (of which there are many), the higher res textures, the increased LOD distance, the new water shader, etc.  Most of the advancements are there at a higher resolution and more consistent framerate.  It's gains vs 360 are greater than its losses vs PS4.

LA Noire is not a great measuring rod because it's a very odd duck.  It is one of a handful of third party games of its size to be built entirely around the Cel architecture.  The remaster is little more than a drag and drop to new machines with some moderate upgrades, hence why it honestly doesn't look all that impressive on any of the platforms.  However, PS4 and Xbone can brute force past the architecture issues while Switch obviously can't.  This is less an indictment on Switch's ability to do open world games and more a rare example of how designing for the Cel specifically had knock on effects for other versions of the game.  It most likely could have been a lot better on all current gen platforms with more time and resources but...I mean it's LA Noire, it's hardly a major money maker.

Pinkie_pie said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not to me, i mostly saw a lot of errors, sometimes very bad resolution and graphic downgrades in FFXV only, almost none of them in The Witcher 3, sorry :))

Seriously what are you talking about? Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games on the ps4 but Witcher 3 isnt even comparable to ff15. Ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4

Yeah, because Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 were not on ps4, only PC and Xbox 1 so far/s. The moment you said "FFXV is the best looking open world game on the ps4", i stop taking you seriously :))

qq

Nuvendil said:
linkink said:

You've both been acting silly frankly.  But if you look at the whole of their coverage of BotW, they make it very clear many, many, many times that their stress test videos are STRESS TESTS.  The vast majority of the game is 30.  And it has improved since, which they have said many, many, many times.  Also, BotW makes use of a double buffer vsync.  So when it drops, that attempts to force a 20fps lock until 30fps is reestablished.  This makes the exact performance struggles tougher to judge since if the game drops to 28fps, the double buffer vsync will attempt to force it to 20fps.  If this were enabled in GTAV, for example, all those 2 to 3 second periods of hovering around 27fps on PS4 would tank all the way down to 20fps.  And Xbone would have it even worse.  And honestly I haven't a clue why this is enabled to begin with.

Oh and GTAV is was and always will be a 7th gen game.  It was dolled up for PS4 but it is still a 7th gen game and still has the technical makeup and look of one.

Skyrim is missing the lighting and the increased *grass mesh* density.  It is not missing the hand-added details (of which there are many), the higher res textures, the increased LOD distance, the new water shader, etc.  Most of the advancements are there at a higher resolution and more consistent framerate.  It's gains vs 360 are greater than its losses vs PS4.

LA Noire is not a great measuring rod because it's a very odd duck.  It is one of a handful of third party games of its size to be built entirely around the Cel architecture.  The remaster is little more than a drag and drop to new machines with some moderate upgrades, hence why it honestly doesn't look all that impressive on any of the platforms.  However, PS4 and Xbone can brute force past the architecture issues while Switch obviously can't.  This is less an indictment on Switch's ability to do open world games and more a rare example of how designing for the Cel specifically had knock on effects for other versions of the game.  It most likely could have been a lot better on all current gen platforms with more time and resources but...I mean it's LA Noire, it's hardly a major money maker.

I diffidently disagree on skyrim, Check the DF video the difference are massive between that and ps4. Aside from the water and bump in resolution it's closer to 360. it's not like the ps4 was massive jump to me anyway, but the highlights were the volumetric lighting, and foliage density.  

As for zelda i never heard DF say the frame rate has improved, and they usually would post a video  if it has, they even revisited doom.

GTAV Can hardly run on 360/ps3, the frame rate is horrible. still has one of the most impressive open worlds even today, it was far ahead it's time, and with the upgrades which are pretty massive. I can't call it last gen game. it's a very demanding game. just a reminder of the upgrades. 

It's not just la NOIR.  AC3, LEGO, and saint row also struggle. keep in mind these are lastgen games. Of course  I'm not judging the switch of this, but it has to flex it's muscle with last gen ports if it has a chance of running a game like Witcher 3.

Last edited by linkink - on 31 May 2019

HoangNhatAnh said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Seriously what are you talking about? Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games on the ps4 but Witcher 3 isnt even comparable to ff15. Ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4

Yeah, because Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 were not on ps4, only PC and Xbox 1 so far/s. The moment you said "FFXV is the best looking open world game on the ps4", i stop taking you seriously :))

While I agree those two are supsrior - especially RDR2, HZD is a closer contest - all three (FFXV, HZD, RDR2) are factually,  incontrovertibly superior in every technical aspect vs Witcher 3.  Your preference for the Witcher 3's looks is frankly irrelevant in a discussion of how viable a port is.  

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Yeah the moment you said Witcher 3 look better than ff15 i stop taking you seriously. I doubt you even played horizon or rdr2 to know how they compare to ff15. You probably saw that 1 person said horizon and rdr2 smoke ff15 and decided to go with it

Pinkie_pie said:

Witcher 3 isnt even comparable to ff15. Ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4

Lol. Characters and Visual Effects might look better in FF15, but the landscapes/world of Witcher 3 is miles ahead. 

Barkley said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Witcher 3 isnt even comparable to ff15. Ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4

Lol

Whats so funny? That ff15 look better than Witcher 3? Or ff15 is the best looking open world game on the ps4? I havent played rdr2 yet so i wouldnt know how it compare to ff15 but i have played horizon and i give the edge to ff15. Both look fantastic for different reasons.The lighting in ff15 is insane

Well, after watching some YT gameplays on quite weak rigs (quite a bit under minimum specs), I think port might be indeed feasible, especially since you can go really low in Witcher 3, way lower than ingame settings (of course reworking of certain elements would be beneficial).

But, as usual, real problem is portable mode.

Pinkie_pie said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah the moment you said Witcher 3 look better than ff15 i stop taking you seriously. I doubt you even played horizon or rdr2 to know how they compare to ff15. You probably saw that 1 person said horizon and rdr2 smoke ff15 and decided to go with it

If you mean better graphic is better model characters design and some lighting effects only then sure, but everything else, not even close. Played or not, i won't say that without checking those games graphic for at least 10 times. Sorry, in term of characters design, yeah, almost on par but the open world design, the scale of the world, FFXV is like a bottom rock compared to some super big mountains.