By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Last time I have voted in my life was in May and June 2017 Marine Le Pen to counter Macron.

Since that I have definitely stoped to vote, I have understood too well that voting is only a mental manipulation tool, the main one, to convince people of the Western countries that they are living in a democracy. The elections are only theater, a huge scene playing the same song again and again.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The biggest problem remains Germany who have a habit of blocking all kind of things that would be great for the people of Europe, such as forcing huge companies to pay their taxes and providing transparency about their revenues in individual countries, and better regulations to preserve the environment.

^ this.

That and enviroment concerns, are what are driveing my vote.
I want these big american mega corps, to pay their taxes here, not cheat the system.

Amnesia said:

Last time I have voted in my life was in May and June 2017 Marine Le Pen to counter Macron.

Since that I have definitely stoped to vote, I have understood too well that voting is only a mental manipulation tool, the main one, to convince people of the Western countries that they are living in a democracy. The elections are only theater, a huge scene playing the same song again and again.

You should have just admited your too lazy go vote instead (it sounds better too).

JRPGfan said:
Amnesia said:

You should have just admited your too lazy go vote instead (it sounds better too).

I live abroad, I just have to tell by phone to my father to do it for me, no effort needed at all.

Yes it is an argument often mentionned : "you are unresponsible if you don't vote, it is your citizen dutie to do it..." I would not be surprised if in a few years if they make it mendatory and you get a fine if you don't vote. You are just a sheep, but you are not the only one don't worry.

I don't really care all too much for the European Election (I think the EU is needed, but they should abolish the European Parliament in my opinion). Probably going to vote Christian Democrat.

Around the Network

Ich wähle die Partei Die PARTEI. Sie ist sehr gut.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Ich wähle die Partei Die PARTEI. Sie ist sehr gut.

And yes. These are the real names of the real candidates on the list.

Die Partei. Sie ist sehr gut.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, since I'm Belgian, I have to vote. The national elections are more interesting to me though (they're also tomorrow).

I still don't know who to vote for. Every voting test gives me a different result. Aside from the extremes, each party has its pros and cons.

Flilix said:
Well, since I'm Belgian, I have to vote. The national elections are more interesting to me though (they're also tomorrow).

I still don't know who to vote for. Every voting test gives me a different result. Aside from the extremes, each party has its pros and cons.

Yeah, personally I must say in the past year I tended to trust politicians less and therefore tend to parties and candidates that support direct democracy. This helps to reduce the options.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Flilix said:

Yeah, personally I must say in the past year I tended to trust politicians less and therefore tend to parties and candidates that support direct democracy. This helps to reduce the options.

I don't think any parties here support direct democracy. Either way, I'm very strongly opposed to it. Aside from a few simple subjects, people aren't capable of deciding what's good for them, since most issues are way too complicated. For instance, a poll was held here recently, that showed that most people want to retire earlier. But no one wants to pay for it.