By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2: Are you a Maker?

Tagged games:

How will you spend most of your time with Super Mario Maker 2

Making Levels 8 17.78%

Playing Story Mode 6 13.33%

Playing Other People's Levels 13 28.89%

Multiplayer Mayhem 6 13.33%

Equally Amongst the Modes 7 15.56%

Own a Switch but Not Getting It 4 8.89%

Don't Own a Switch 1 2.22%

Total:45
siebensus4 said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm not sure if there will be a dedicated thread for levels (there probably should be), but if not make sure to post them here.

I'd love to. I also like Metroidvania levels There were a few pretty good ones on Wii U.
I wonder if we can somehow play the levels of the original game. It wasn't mentioned in the Direct, so I assume rather not.

[Edit...posting from mobile is a science I haven’t figured out. I think this bit of text looks like a quote from you. ] I doubt that will be an option.  In some ways I’m happy about that, since it seems they added a new ranking system which will allow downvotes on levels. But it would be cool to be able to access your own files so you could reupload them into the system. That being said, a lot of things were not announced in the Direct. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a secret or two announced during E3. 

Around the Network

Creating levels is the best part of the game for me, but I know most people want to consume and not create of course - that's what game developers are there for after all. I enjoy creating stages and letting my friends play them, looking at their reactions, at what works and what doesn't. I'd love to create my own Jump 'n' Run at some point. Mario Maker 1 had too many strange and super hard levels for my taste and user generated content can be very hit or miss to consume.

Just playing random other peoples' levels isn't much fun - some of them are absolutely awful.

But playing the popular ones is generally a good way to get quality.

I'll probably spend my time with it fairly evenly spread amongst the modes, but I reckon I'll probably play other peoples' levels the most.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Haven't played the first one, but this one actually makes me want to play it already, we'll see if I can let FFXIV have a rest for a bit.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

A maker. I made some pretty decent ones for the first games if I might say so myself.

Around the Network

I'm no level maker, but I'll play the heck out of this game!

1doesnotsimply

super_etecoon said:
HylianSwordsman said:
If that's what the Youtubers you watch are saying, maybe you should try watching some new Youtubers. Ceave Gaming is pretty good for Mario Maker.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll add that channel to my watchlist.  

edit...that voice is going to take some getting used to.  

It does, I know. His accent is pretty heavy, but believe me, his breakdowns of Mario Maker contraptions are something to behold. Want to make it so Mario instantly dies if he jumps? You can, there's a video for that. Want to punish the player for killing Yoshi? He'll show you how. He has a very in depth understanding of the first game, and if you can make it happen, he knows how to do it. I'm looking forward to seeing him break down crazy possibilities for the second game.

Here's a good example of what I mean, a video of tricks to make neat contraptions and traps in Mario Maker 1 that he believes are basic enough to work in Mario Maker 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unyU0OecjBE

I'll be playing a lot of endless mode and multiplayer versus

I'm not a fan of user created stuff. Tried it with LBP 1-3 and Mod Nation Racers. Now I have no interest in them. Skipped Mario Maker on the WiiU and I'll be skipping this as well. Dreams on PS4 also failed to get my excited.

I appreciate the amount of content and the effort but I'm gonna pass. You guys enjoy

I'm really hoping people make some brain bending co-op levels where everyone's running around just trying to figure out a puzzle. I really wish more regular games included co-op puzzles but that just hasn't happened