By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2: Are you a Maker?

Tagged games:

How will you spend most of your time with Super Mario Maker 2

Making Levels 8 17.78%

Playing Story Mode 6 13.33%

Playing Other People's Levels 13 28.89%

Multiplayer Mayhem 6 13.33%

Equally Amongst the Modes 7 15.56%

Own a Switch but Not Getting It 4 8.89%

Don't Own a Switch 1 2.22%

Total:45

I'm definitely a maker. I spent a lot of time in making 40+ courses on Wii U, 3 of them were very successful. I had more than 1'000 stars I think. Making courses is like a drug for me. I really love being creative.
I also played the 100 Mario Challenge a lot, but it was more frustration than fun on hard difficulty.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
I'm definitely a maker. I spent a lot of time in making 40+ courses on Wii U, 3 of them were very successful. I had more than 1'000 stars I think. Making courses is like a drug for me. I really love being creative.
I also played the 100 Mario Challenge a lot, but it was more frustration than fun on hard difficulty.

I'm not sure if there will be a dedicated thread for levels (there probably should be), but if not make sure to post them here.

Definitely a voyeur, I dont have patience to make levels. But thoroughly enjoy playing other's levels.

I'll be creating levels. Dreams looks like a lot of work so I'm more inclined to put my creativity into mario maker.
Hopefully there will be more level slots this time so I don't have to delete levels to make more.

Dont know.Going to find out with the game!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Spent like 70% of the time making levels vs playing others, and I suspect it'll be the same for the sequel. Didn't realize it when I was constructing them but I made some pretty insanely hard lvls that pissed off my friends when they tried to play them haha. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

SvennoJ said:
I'll be creating levels. Dreams looks like a lot of work so I'm more inclined to put my creativity into mario maker.
Hopefully there will be more level slots this time so I don't have to delete levels to make more.

On Wii U you needed to earn stars for having more slots to create own levels. I wonder if they keep this rule...
In my case I had 70 slots and made "only" 40 levels. Either you were super creative or you haven't earned enough stars.
I would NEVER delete any of my levels. Rather I would stop creating new ones.

super_etecoon said:

I'm not sure if there will be a dedicated thread for levels (there probably should be), but if not make sure to post them here.

I'd love to. I also like Metroidvania levels There were a few pretty good ones on Wii U.
I wonder if we can somehow play the levels of the original game. It wasn't mentioned in the Direct, so I assume rather not.

WOOOOOOO

I'm definitely getting it for the story mode and the ability to play other people's levels, but I'll also be giving the Maker side of it a fair shot. I haven't played a previous version so I've no idea how much enjoyment and use I'll get from the tools, but having seen the kinds of creativity Mario Maker allows I'm still confident the game is worth purchasing.