By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch overtakes total PS4 sales in Japan, in less than half the time

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Portable is the biggest factor so i see nothing wrong with people saying japan is portable crazy. Vita sold over 6 million without any 1st party and 3rd party AAA games because it is portable 

Switch is on track to more than triple Vita sales in Japan. Vita is also portable. So why is the Switch selling so much more than the Vita when they are both portable?

Switch is on track to more than double the ps4 and triple quadruple sextuple the wii u sales in japan. Ps4 and wii u also have great games. So why is the switch selling so much more than both when they all equally  have great games? I never said portable is the only factor. I said It is the biggest factor 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

Switch is on track to more than triple Vita sales in Japan. Vita is also portable. So why is the Switch selling so much more than the Vita when they are both portable?

Switch is on track to more than double the ps4 and triple quadruple sextuple the wii u sales in japan. Ps4 and wii u also have great games. So why is the switch selling so much more than both when they all equally  have great games? I never said portable is the only factor. I said It is the biggest factor 

You didn't answer the question; what makes the Switch sell so much more than the Vita when they're both portable?

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You didn't answer the question; what makes the Switch sell so much more than the Vita when they're both portable?

You didnt answer my question. What makes the switch sell so much more than the ps4 and wii u when all have the same amount of great games?

Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

You did answer my question. What makes the switch sell so much more than the ps4 and wii u when all have the same amount of great games?

Because they don't. Now answer mine; why does Switch sell so much more than Vita in Japan?

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You did answer my question. What makes the switch sell so much more than the ps4 and wii u when all have the same amount of great games?

Because they don't. Now answer mine; why does Switch sell so much more than Vita in Japan?

What dont? Doesnt the wii u have most of the switch 1st party games? Doesnt the ps4 have more games that have a score of 90 or higher on metacritic and all the AAA 3rd party games that switch doesnt get? Since you gave me a false answer i couldnt be bothered answering your question. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

If japan isnt portable crazy then why couldnt nintendo home consoles sell as well as their handhelds? 

But if they are so portable crazy why didn't Vita outsell the PS4? It's a factor, but to act as if it's the only reason is just silly.

The Vita sold around 70% of PS4 in Japan, which is insane compared to NA and Europe at ~8% and ~13% respectively. (VGC numbers) Both are near the end of their life so I use current figures.

To put this more into perspective:

After 9 quarters, the Switch has sold around 71% of 3DS in Japan, NA and Others at 136% and 134%. (Nintendo shipments)

So we can definitely say that the Vita massively overperformed in Japan due to being portable. The Switch on the other hand is underperforming in Japan, most likely due to price. It is not guaranteed that Nintendo will do more than 1 price cut, if that.

Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

What dont? Doesnt the wii u have most of the switch 1st party games? Doesnt the ps4 have more games that have a score of 90 or higher on metacritic and all the AAA 3rd party games that switch doesnt get? Since you gave me a false answer i couldnt be bothered answering your question. 

You seem to have forgotten what the topic even is. Metacritic is totally irrelevant. We're talking about what sells in Japan. Look at Japan's software charts, look which system's games take nearly every spot on the chart; the Switch.

Allow me to answer the question for you; Switch is selling better than the Vita primarily because it has a far better library. That's what makes the difference between a portable selling less than the PS4 (Vita) and more than the PS4. (Switch) The games.

Farsala said:
curl-6 said:

But if they are so portable crazy why didn't Vita outsell the PS4? It's a factor, but to act as if it's the only reason is just silly.

The Vita sold around 70% of PS4 in Japan, which is insane compared to NA and Europe at ~8% and ~13% respectively. (VGC numbers) Both are near the end of their life so I use current figures.

To put this more into perspective:

After 9 quarters, the Switch has sold around 71% of 3DS in Japan, NA and Others at 136% and 134%. (Nintendo shipments)

So we can definitely say that the Vita massively overperformed in Japan due to being portable. The Switch on the other hand is underperforming in Japan, most likely due to price. It is not guaranteed that Nintendo will do more than 1 price cut, if that.

None of that discounts that portability clearly isn't the only factor as Vita still failed to outsell PS4 in Japan.

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You seem to have forgotten what the topic even is. Metacritic is totally irrelevant. We're talking about what sells in Japan. Look at Japan's software charts, look which system's games take nearly every spot on the chart; the Switch.

Allow me to answer the question for you; Switch is selling better than the Vita primarily because it has a far better library. That's what makes the difference between a portable selling less than the PS4 (Vita) and more than the PS4. (Switch) The games.

I didnt answer your question because i thought it was obvious when i said vita had no 1st party and 3rd party AAA games. You need to pay more attention to previous posts. Also the wii u has many of switchs 1st party games so why is switch on track to triple quadruple the wii u in sales in japan?

those are some pretty crazy numbers when you consider that the smaller more portable version of the switch is still to come this year. switch gonna break all the records there.

also OP, never forget that you can choose not to reply to posts!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive