By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2 Direct Announced May 15th @3PM PT/6PM ET

Rate the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct

10 17 37.78%

9 14 31.11%

8 9 20.00%

7 2 4.44%

6 0 0%

5 1 2.22%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 2 4.44%

1 0 0%

Total:45
The_Liquid_Laser said:
My best guess is that they want to spotlight this game, but their E3 lineup is already packed.

This. Makes me more excited for E3 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PAOerfulone said:
Kind of happy about this to be honest. That means it won't be the big spotlight title (or at least get nearly as much attention) at E3 this year. Especially since it's release is 2 1/2 weeks after E3.

2016 - Breath of the Wild
2017 - Super Mario Odyssey
2018 - Smash Bros. Ultimate
With this, I'm gonna guess that their big title they're focusing on for 2019 will be Animal Crossing.

Super Mario Odyssey was not even close to being comparable to BOTW or Ultimate. It literally just had a short but sweat trailer at the end of the direct.

It was the trailer and game everyone was talking about coming out of their Direct and it got the most coverage in the Nintendo Treehouse. That was their main, #1 software title for E3 that year, which is the point I was making.

This is a really weird time for a Game focused direct. The timing alone makes me think a Switch revision could be revealed, but only 15 minutes is already really short. I look forward to it

So is it just about Mario Maker?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm probably getting Mario Maker 2 on day 1, but I don't care enough to really look at details, so it is nice it has been moved away from E3.

Around the Network

Why would literally any of you be disappointed about this. This just means they can focus on other games at E3, who wants information about a game at E3 that'll release in a few weeks after? Now Nintendo can devote solid time to MM2 as opposed to having to waste their time on it at E3 and take away from info on other games that are further down the line that we know nothing about.

As many have already said, this can only be seen as great news. I was dreading the thought of them spending 20 minutes on this title during E3, considering I've already played the first one and I'd rather just be mostly surprised upon release. It also means that they have enough stuff to show during E3 that they don't even need 2-5 minutes of time from this title to pad their presentation.

The best thing, though, is that there wasn't the slightest hint of a leak for this Direct. It hits tomorrow so we don't even have time to build it up to overhyped proportions. Good job, Nintendo. Your internal teams are holding your secrets well and hopefully that track record continues into E3.

Get hyped!

Couldn't be less interested so I'll be skipping this. As others have said I'm happy if this means more time at E3 for other stuff though

Nice.I am really looking foward for this game

This also probably means that the E3 presentation is going to be juicier than most people think.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1