By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2 Direct Announced May 15th @3PM PT/6PM ET

Rate the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct

10 17 37.78%

9 14 31.11%

8 9 20.00%

7 2 4.44%

6 0 0%

5 1 2.22%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 2 4.44%

1 0 0%

Total:45

Hopefully at least 5 of those minutes are confirming Chitoge as a returning character.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Why are people confused that they're only talking about one game? E3 is around the corner lol.

Wouldn't exactly say I'm hyped for this game, but I'm def getting it day one, so I'll tune in.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Kristof81 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Oh, no big direct until E3

I think there's never been big Direct between March/April and E3.

Well, they actually did several times in the past, but it has gotten rare recently. But I think that's also due to making less Directs in general now. For instance, there were 30 Directs in 2013 between the different regions, but only 17 in 2018 - and that's bloated through 5 Fire Emblem Heroes Directs.

However, in April/May, Nintendo generally showcases 1-2 games which are normally to be released in June or July, so it's normal that SMM2 gets that treatment, too. Just look at those directs in the last years:

2018: None, MTA direct was in early March already

2017: 2 Directs for ARMS and Splatoon 2

2016: Culdcept Revolt (Japan only)

2015: 2 Directs for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon. Also, a general Direct on April 1st.

2014: 3 in April, with SSB, Tomodachi Life and Mario Kart 8 in quick succession

2013: Monster Hunter 4 and Phoenix Wright (Japan only), also a general Direct on May 17, 3 weeks before E3

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PAOerfulone said:
Kind of happy about this to be honest. That means it won't be the big spotlight title (or at least get nearly as much attention) at E3 this year. Especially since it's release is 2 1/2 weeks after E3.

2016 - Breath of the Wild
2017 - Super Mario Odyssey
2018 - Smash Bros. Ultimate
With this, I'm gonna guess that their big title they're focusing on for 2019 will be Animal Crossing.

Super Mario Odyssey was not even close to being comparable to BOTW or Ultimate. It literally just had a short but sweat trailer at the end of the direct.

I believe it's a reference to how they decked out their E3 booth for each year, not so much which game was focused on in the actual presentation.

Can't understand why people are not hyped for this game. It will be the first major game which will use the touchscreen of the Switch intensely. It was one of the biggest Wii U games with a large fanbase and even an official website for sharing levels (Mario Maker Bookmark). With the knowledge of part 1 we will have a well balanced online mode right from the beginning. It will be the first game on Switch which could use Facebook or Twitter as a replacement for Miiverse. Probably we can use Amiibos reasonable.

I made more than 40 levels on Wii U and had so much fun on creating levels. This is one of the games why I bough a Switch console. Already pre-ordered a copy with a stylus.

I think we will have another (Indie) Direct before E3 to cover titles which could come too short during E3. A Mario Maker Direct was necessary since we only know 90 seconds of this game from the February Direct and this is one of the biggest Nintendo games this year (beside Pokemon and Animal Crossing). On E3 they will focus on Pokemon Shield/Sword obviously.

Around the Network

So, predictions time:

I fully expect Nintendo to show a fully pledged single player campaign here, made by Nintendo and having a beggining, middle and end.What I am not sure of is if they are going with an original artstyel or just going to mix all styles to make it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNS1Fb1l8c

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Oh, that looks nice. Maybe i should pick it up afterall .

Online mario multiplayer...? Nintendo is going all out here .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

that was pretty awesome tbh. lots of great stuff

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)