Forums - Movies Discussion - Sonic The Hedgehog - Official Trailer

CaptainExplosion said:
Xxain said:

Huh?

Sonic Adventure 1 took place in not New York

Sonic Adventure 2 took place in not San Francisco

Sonic 06 took place in not Italy

Sonic Unleashed took place in not a lot of real life locations.

I know the America media mislead us growing up, but Sonic has always taken place on our Earth. 

Or at least a fictional version called Mobius, possibly named after the mobius loops Sonic can run through.

Huh? Are you bipolar? Your original post complains about it not faithful, only suggest they do something not faithful. There is no such thing as Mobius.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
wow..uummm. I am not turned off to it. .... I thought it looked fine.

You gonna watch it? 

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Bristow9091 said:
dx11332sega said:

I wish it had anthro citizens . like Sonic forces even though forces sucked but loved the anthros . To bad they couldn't add rest of cast this is like ? Sonic entering an alt dimension were eggman is skinny and isn't bald just like sonic x the cartoon with sonic goes to our earth and . needs to go back mobius (his dimension).

But if you watch the end of the trailer, Eggman IS bald, lol :P Although thank fuck he's actually called Dr. Robotnik in this, I HATE how they changed his name to Eggman!

His name was always eggman if I remember from japanese original version of all Sonic games . It was the english version in early 90's that called him dr . robotnik and the cartoons like adventures of sonic the hedgehog 

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

dx11332sega said:
Bristow9091 said:

But if you watch the end of the trailer, Eggman IS bald, lol :P Although thank fuck he's actually called Dr. Robotnik in this, I HATE how they changed his name to Eggman!

His name was always eggman if I remember from japanese original version of all Sonic games . It was the english version in early 90's that called him dr . robotnik and the cartoons like adventures of sonic the hedgehog 

Yeah but I, along with pretty much all of Western culture in the 90's, grew up with him being Dr. Robotnik, so when they decided to change his name to Eggman it was very... weird, for me at least. To this day I STILL call him Robotnik, even though games specifically name him as Eggman, lol. 

Eeehhhhhh......yeah not a great trailer but Jim Carrey so far looks amazing in that role lmao, i'm almost willing to see it just because of him. I do think a lot of people went into this wanting to hate it already tho simply because it's Sonic and thus has a lot of memes for its fanbase/past bad games/etc.

also the design of sonic in this movie is fucking nightmare fuel, i'd scream too if I saw that shit irl

It reminds me of if a doll came to life. It's weirdly inconsistent because in some scenes/snips he looks terrifying but then in others he actually looks fine. I dunno why they felt the need to change the original design for it to look more "realistic" when it's fucking Sonic lmao

I'll wait for a second trailer. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 30 April 2019

Around the Network
Xxain said:
sethnintendo said:

Doesn't look great but doesn't look like complete shit so somewhere between way below decent to almost decent. Prob should have went Pokemon route and invented some fake city because it might just be me but why the heck choose "real life" USA and this coming from an American.  If Jim Carey wasn't in the movie then it would have probably been complete shit.

Huh?

I know the America media mislead us growing up, but Sonic has always taken place on our Earth. 

So, clearly, not always. Only since it started sucking.

mZuzek said:
Xxain said:

Huh?

So, clearly, not always. Only since it started sucking.

ALL SONIC MEDIUM TAKES PLACE ON OUR EARTH - That includes the classics. I was just bringing attention to the fact that real locations have been used as a backdrop for a setting. The classics didnt feature any of those cities (though chemical plant/springyard zone obviously is at or close to a city) so no need to list them.

Bristow9091 said:
dx11332sega said:

Yeah but I, along with pretty much all of Western culture in the 90's, grew up with him being Dr. Robotnik, so when they decided to change his name to Eggman it was very... weird, for me at least. To this day I STILL call him Robotnik, even though games specifically name him as Eggman, lol. 

I know how you feel . I also thought Dr. Robotnik was his real name back when I was a kid . BTW I loved Sonic Satam and thought that was the how Dr. eggman was actually in games then I played Sonic 2 noticed that eggman looks way different than satam robotnik and adventures of sonic the hesgehog robotnik then I knew the games don't follow the cartoons. :(

dx11332sega said:
Bristow9091 said:

I know how you feel . I also thought Dr. Robotnik was his real name back when I was a kid . BTW I loved Sonic Satam and thought that was the how Dr. eggman was actually in games then I played Sonic 2 noticed that eggman looks way different than satam robotnik and adventures of sonic the hesgehog robotnik then I knew the games don't follow the cartoons. :(

I hate when they change shit like this as well. Like Nintendo did with Mario a few years ago when they decided to give him an age, stop being a plumber and was now from the Mushroom Kingdom. Ugh...

KLXVER said:
dx11332sega said:

I hate when they change shit like this as well. Like Nintendo did with Mario a few years ago when they decided to give him an age, stop being a plumber and was now from the Mushroom Kingdom. Ugh...

I'm curious does mario odyssey have a mushroom kingdom? I haven't played the game but there is a new york inspired civilization while the mushroom kingdom seems different ? They both seem out of place to eachother?