By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Offical Sell-in numbers for PS3 - credit to ArmGunar.

Daniel Ahmad on Twitter pointed out the errors in Sony's report, particularly 4 million ps2 sales after 2012 that were lumped in with the ps3 sales.

Around the Network

And still no Vita numbers.

Dulfite said:
Azuren said:
This puts the official 7th Gen numbers at 87.4m for PS3 and 84m for 360.

Of course the last official 360 numbers were in 2014, so it could have still ended ahead of PS3. The ball is in Microsoft's court.

Why didn't you include Nintendo?

Maybe he was low on whatever essential oil promotes bringing irrelevant things into the conversation.

"I wonder if the Xbox 360 ended up selling more than the PS3?"

"I don't think so. Microsoft's numbers might be a few years older, but they probably would have said something about it in some type of xbox promotional thing over the years!"

"but why didn't you bring up Nintendo?"

It doesn't matter. It has zero bearing on the conversation taking place.

vivster said:
I'm sure they could've squeezed the Vita numbers in between the lines.

Honestly think Sony are ashamed of it...... it was over designed, and thus overpriced, with features that wherent really needed.
It didnt sell so well, so they arnt gonna list it next to things that are worth mentioning if they can avoid it.

That explains why they show the PSP but not the Vita.
Its nots a home console vs handheld thingy (cuz then why have the PSP shown?).
Its a "we re pretending the vita wasnt ever a thing" thing.

The irony is I liked the system... but its not hard for me to admit it was a flawed system.
It sony ever does a handheld again, I hope they dont make the same mistakes.

The PSP numbers are all over the place, but generally they are around 80m. According to Wikipedia:
"PlayStation Portable: 76.4 million units sold as March 31, 2012. [...] IGN's Evan Campbell reported around 80 million sold on June 3, 2014"

Here (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2018/12/top-10-best-selling-videogame-consoles-551938) it says it's around 80m, and it's a relatively recent article.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Dulfite said:

Maybe he was low on whatever essential oil promotes bringing irrelevant things into the conversation.

"I wonder if the Xbox 360 ended up selling more than the PS3?"

"I don't think so. Microsoft's numbers might be a few years older, but they probably would have said something about it in some type of xbox promotional thing over the years!"

"but why didn't you bring up Nintendo?"

It doesn't matter. It has zero bearing on the conversation taking place.

Ok? Harsh, much? I just asked a simple question. Also, what does essential oils have to do with any of this?

So more than 87m. Not a bad number for being the worst selling PlayStation console.

twintail said:
Dulfite said:

Because his discussion is not about Nintendo.

What a ridiculous thing to ask

The discussion appeared to be about the 7th gen consoles, not 2 out of 3 of them, so I don't know why my question is ridiculous?

Dulfite said:
twintail said:

Because his discussion is not about Nintendo.

What a ridiculous thing to ask

The discussion appeared to be about the 7th gen consoles, not 2 out of 3 of them, so I don't know why my question is ridiculous?

The conversation was about whether or not the Xbox 360 or the PS3 ended up selling more. Just because the phrase "7th gen" was used doesn't mean it was about all 7th gen consoles.

What essential oil do you recommend for better reading comprehension?

potato_hamster said:
Dulfite said:

The conversation was about whether or not the Xbox 360 or the PS3 ended up selling more. Just because the phrase "7th gen" was used doesn't mean it was about all 7th gen consoles.

What essential oil do you recommend for better reading comprehension?

Nothing in the OP or post since then, prior to the one I originally commented on, said this was a conversation about only Xbox and Playstation. In fact, it seemed to be just about the Playstation, but then the one comment specifically compared the ps3 and 360 sales, and I didn't know why they didn't include Nintendo's since they were comparing 7th generation. Regardless, I can tell having a conversation with you is going to be pointless as you continue to attack me. Have a pleasant day.