By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers - Marvel Endgame Discussion - Spoilers

Absolutely phenomenal movie, they did a master piece of a job assembling that movie into one. For all the laughs, action, time travel stuff, straight up action etc.

Despite my love of the movie I cannot help but feel depressed, like it feels like the end of an era. Chris Evans, RDJ are gonna be near impossible acts to follow.

Also I would have been much more satisfied with Bucky then falcon taking up the reins

Around the Network

Something no one seemed to mention in any of the spoiler talks I've watched--Cap stole like 3 or 4 vials of Super Soldier Serum when he went back to the past. What's he gonna do with that...

Say Tony didn't drop the Space stone that Loki picks up in 2012, so the Avengers still have it. What would happen if they go back to the 70's anyway and see the space stone at the SHIELD base and take that one, would they then have 2 Space stones?

Saw it last night.
This is it. This is now the greatest superhero film I have ever seen.
It felt like a 3 hour long, love letter to Marvel fans & MCU fans that have stuck around, been on board this train throughout the past 11 years. Seeing it all pay off the way it did was just beautiful.

NightlyPoe said:
Those box office numbers though. It nearly DOUBLED Infinity War's record for opening weekend worldwide and is already the 18th biggest movie ever worldwide with 1.2 billion. The all-time record is Avatar with 2.7 billion. Endgame is already 43% of the way to being the biggest movie ever in this category and it's only been 3 days! It's going to easily shoot past Avatar.

Domestically, it made $350 million, an incredible 35% increase over Infinity War's record, and has already accumulated 37% of The Force Awakens' record domestic total.

In other words, this is a behemoth. It won't get The Force Awakens' Christmas bonus inflating its weekday totals for the first two weeks, but I don't think it'll need it. All it requires is a solid 3x opening weekend multiplier and it'll become the first $1 billion movie domestically.

https://i.imgur.com/auV6DVT.mp4

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Vyse_Blue_Rogue said:
Say Tony didn't drop the Space stone that Loki picks up in 2012, so the Avengers still have it. What would happen if they go back to the 70's anyway and see the space stone at the SHIELD base and take that one, would they then have 2 Space stones?

Ah time travel. Basic answer is, yes they would, 2 versions of the same one.

Putting the Space gem back was more awkward. The Tesseract was it's case, Thanos destroyed it in Infinity War by crushing it, so the Avengers would have had to do the same, how did they recreate it? 

Hmm, pie.

NightlyPoe said:
One thing that's gonna be awkward. There are a lot of people who were widows and widowers who moved on in five years and re-married, maybe had a kid or two, who are suddenly going to have their spouse come back from the dead.

Somewhat more morbidly, like millions of babies are going to die of neglect because no one is around to care for them when they get un-dusted.

The more morbidly thing. I had those thoughts but less morbid.

There were probably loads of deaths because of those that were removed. A pilot get removed, the plane crashes and those on the plane die. They didn't die from Thanos but from the plane crash. Do they come back? What about the pilot? Does he just materialise in the air?

Hmm, pie.

I honestly like what they did physically to Thor. He looks more like the Thor of mythology, less Hollywoodian playboy. The depressive part is also kinda understandable. The Fortnite part is a great continuation to Thor Ragnarok and the roommate webshorts.

Amazing movie, made me cry a few times. Perfect end for several key characters, it will be hard to continue without Cap and Tony honestly. They need to find a great actor to carry the Avengers movies from now on, and they didn't find yet (Black Panther, Spiderman and Captain Marvel are very far from this level for now).

Only one small scene bothered me a little, the "girls power to save Spiderman". Felt a little forced in the middle of the awesome battle. No big deal, I just hope that they won't multiply that kind of stuff from now on.

EDIT: "bothered" is too strong a word. It just made me smile like "a bit obvious, guys, no?". Let them show their strength by fighting like they were doing, no need for the pause in the action for the slow motion close up one by one. They handled Captain Marvel, Potts and Valkyrie very well for example. 

Last edited by Faelco - on 29 April 2019

NightlyPoe said:
RetroGamer94 said:
Absolutely phenomenal movie, they did a master piece of a job assembling that movie into one. For all the laughs, action, time travel stuff, straight up action etc.

Despite my love of the movie I cannot help but feel depressed, like it feels like the end of an era. Chris Evans, RDJ are gonna be near impossible acts to follow.

Also I would have been much more satisfied with Bucky then falcon taking up the reins

Maybe they can pay Chris Evans to take back the mantle.

They do have a confirmed de-aging device now.

Not that I wouldn't love to see more Chris Evans Captain America in future Marvel movies, but he said a while back that he wants to leave acting behind and fully move into the director's chair.  I'm pretty sure that's why they so neatly wrapped up his arc in this film.  

Loved it 3000!