By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers - Marvel Endgame Discussion - Spoilers

All I have to do is think about the part where Cap said "Avengers, assemble" and I get instant goosebumps.

Despite any flaws that the film may have had, those moments that paid off because of proper build-up are the best ever.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
KManX89 said:
I saw a Thursday screen, holy shit. I'm almost at a loss for words for how mindblowingly awesome this was. While IW was the best CBM since TDK, this might actually trump it as THE best. That end fight scene was off the fucking charts, very LotR-esque.

That final battle was absolutely fucking crazy, one of, if not the greatest scene in a comic book film I've ever seen... like I said earlier, that scene where Falcon says "On your left" to Captain America, the portals open and EVERYONE shows up... it was fucking magical to the point where I shed tears of joy, happiness and just full on excitement!

It's one thing when a movie gets you to shed a tear of sadness because a loved one dies or they kill off a pet in a film. But when you see t'challa  and co come from that portal and get tears of sheer joy to see loved ones returning, you know that's film done right.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Iwas thinking if there was one change I would maybe consider.... it would be in that finale when the bombardment rains lazers down on the fight blasting both good and bad as thanos knows that he is in trouble....

But picture the scene....

the lasers stop firing.... turn towards the clouds and fire......

slowly a giant shadow fills the clouds and we get a reveal of a new upgraded Helicarrier launching fighters towards Thanos's airship, complete with a zoom in to the cockpit where Fury and Maria Hill begin giving orders of deployment and if required then to call in Carol Danvers then who would blast onto the fight at the request of Furies voice that she had hoped to find on Earth on her return originally.

Just think it would have been cool to she those characters play a role and feel like that was a perfect place to slot them in there.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Bristow9091 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Iwas thinking if there was one change I would maybe consider.... it would be in that finale when the bombardment rains lazers down on the fight blasting both good and bad as thanos knows that he is in trouble....

But picture the scene....

the lasers stop firing.... turn towards the clouds and fire......

slowly a giant shadow fills the clouds and we get a reveal of a new upgraded Helicarrier launching fighters towards Thanos's airship, complete with a zoom in to the cockpit where Fury and Maria Hill begin giving orders of deployment and if required then to call in Carol Danvers then who would blast onto the fight at the request of Furies voice that she had hoped to find on Earth on her return originally.

Just think it would have been cool to she those characters play a role and feel like that was a perfect place to slot them in there.

Yeah but that sounds a little too similar to their arrival at Sokovia in Age of Ultron, lol... also now you've mentioned Captain Marvel, something bugs me about her part in the film, specifically at the start;

Okay, so if you've watched Captain Marvel (Or if not?), the post-credits scene shows the Avengers looking at Nick Fury's pager, the power dies on it, and then she appears asking "Where's Fury?" or something of the like, yes? I assumed that was just a scene from Endgame when I first saw it (Much like how scenes from future films have been shown in previous films, Captain America's first scene in Avengers being shown during his first film's post-credits scene)... 

Anyway; So when she comes flying up to Tony and Nebula and saves them, brings their ship to Earth and to the Avengers HQ... she never really introduced herself, and nobody asked who she was, as if they already knew each other or something, but that post-credits scene from Captain Marvel wasn't actually in Endgame, so I guess what I'm asking is... why the fuck did nobody in the film question who she was?! o.O

my thinking was that she came to Earth, talked about what happened and they guessed that Stark and co were on a ship en route to titan so she flew towards there and went looking about for Stark in the surrounding space.

As for why they know her... well she was on Earth with Nick fury and stark hacked all his personal files while on the helicarrier in age of Ultron, he would have had a read about her in there I'm sure.

Also yup I'm a filthy fanboy of the MCU seen them all multiple times, even got a home cinema for the cause.

Imo great movie overall but the first hour was a bit slow with some scenes dragging but the film ends well.

Around the Network

I don't know what to think of it tbh. Was good sure but the best? I don't think I could give it that mantle (and I didn't in the other voting thread).

For me the time travel was a bit meh and an easy way out to get the stones. Also I think because I have seen time travel done to death in a lot of movies/shows I have watched it was kind of a small downer on it.

Ganoncrotch said:
chakkra said:

I gotta say that I did not like watching Captain Marvel butting heads with a Gauntlet-welding Thanos two minutes after he mopped the floor with Thor, Capt and Tony (without the Gauntlet on).

That was a huge turn off for me.

Oh! and I did not like the fact that Hulk never got his rematch against Thanos.

Dr Hulk is missing an arm when Thanos comes to Earth, it would not have been a fair fight considering that Thanos took on hulk in a fist fight and won. Just if you see Hulk in that finale fight... his right arm is a singed mess, it completely swings limply and with no real power. It would have been his death tbh to engage Thanos.

Yeah, I guess the movie gave kind of a good excuse as to why he didn't fight. But I just wish they had gone a different route. Like, I don't know, maybe not having him lose his arm? I mean, in the comics he is supposed to have a healing factor almost as good as Wolverine's so..
I don't know, I just felt dissappointed. I felt the same way during the whole IW but I just gave that one a pass because I thought they were saving him for something epic on this movie. But nope..

Anyways, I guess it is what it is.

chakkra said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Dr Hulk is missing an arm when Thanos comes to Earth, it would not have been a fair fight considering that Thanos took on hulk in a fist fight and won. Just if you see Hulk in that finale fight... his right arm is a singed mess, it completely swings limply and with no real power. It would have been his death tbh to engage Thanos.

Yeah, I guess the movie gave kind of a good excuse as to why he didn't fight. But I just wish they had gone a different route. Like, I don't know, maybe not having him lose his arm? I mean, in the comics he is supposed to have a healing factor almost as good as Wolverine's so..
I don't know, I just felt dissappointed. I felt the same way during the whole IW but I just gave that one a pass because I thought they were saving him for something epic on this movie. But nope..

Anyways, I guess it is what it is.

something epic :o he bought everyone back!

NightlyPoe said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah but that sounds a little too similar to their arrival at Sokovia in Age of Ultron, lol... also now you've mentioned Captain Marvel, something bugs me about her part in the film, specifically at the start;

Okay, so if you've watched Captain Marvel (Or if not?), the post-credits scene shows the Avengers looking at Nick Fury's pager, the power dies on it, and then she appears asking "Where's Fury?" or something of the like, yes? I assumed that was just a scene from Endgame when I first saw it (Much like how scenes from future films have been shown in previous films, Captain America's first scene in Avengers being shown during his first film's post-credits scene)... 

Anyway; So when she comes flying up to Tony and Nebula and saves them, brings their ship to Earth and to the Avengers HQ... she never really introduced herself, and nobody asked who she was, as if they already knew each other or something, but that post-credits scene from Captain Marvel wasn't actually in Endgame, so I guess what I'm asking is... why the fuck did nobody in the film question who she was?! o.O

Simple answer is that the Captain Marvel mid-credits scene happened before she went out to fish Tony.  The only logical problem I see is that Nick Fury's pager, the one that would save them all in case of emergency, obviously didn't have much juice.  Change the battery Nick!

It had to send the message to the whole universe to look for her, I don't think it was a case of low battery just think it had to work super hard to do it's job.

I would definitely think that the cap marvel credits happened before this movie, same as any other mid credits scene is between movies.

I liked it but not as much as Infinity War. It was emotional, but a little bit too stupid at times (time travel plot device and Thor/Hulk jokes). Great final battle scenes though at the end. Visually impressive. A must see movie for everyone that liked the MCU films and a great sendoff for some of their best characters during all these years.