By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers - Marvel Endgame Discussion - Spoilers

The Fury said:

Spoiler free since 2012... that didn't rhyme.

So just got back from seeing it. It was good, preferred the first, thought it really dragged in the middle a bit and at the end to 'finish' the story. Story wise, I'm really glad Scott Lang was an important part of how everything got sorted out and I'm glad Deus Ex Machina Captain Marvel was not (seriously, she was basically holding 6 gem Thanos back and her power comes from a part of one, sure whatever, Superman can stay in DC thanks Marvel). I found it kinda funny that in order to make Thanos a threat without the gems, they gave him like this weird almighty weapon, strong enough to break caps shield.

Could have done with more stuff from the comic, Nebula trying to best her dad not please him, (lady) Death, stuff like that but that's a more comic geek thing.

I love alternate reality and time stuff in comics and this did it really well. Funny thing is putting everything back is not how it works, they created 3 timelines in this process. 1 is the one we saw, second is the one where Thanos came from the past to the future, in that timeline, there is no Thanos anymore and the 3rd is the timeline in which Loki stole the Tesseract. They had to go back more to get an earlier version, which means Loki got that version, which means events following were not the same. Could argue future Thanos and Loki timeline is the same.

Anyway, was good, entertaining and fitting end to it all.

Now if the future of Marvel Cinematic Universe has Fantastic Four and X-men in it, all will be well.

@underlined Lad the movie was 3 hours long trying its damnest to tie up so much plot.... to quote Stranges buddy "what?.... you wanted more?"

regarding your "that's not how time travel works" they took the time to tell you in the film a few times..... you know "how time travel works because of sci fi" unless you have proved and done time travel other than chugging forwards at a rate of 1 second per second like the rest of us I don't know how you feel confident enough to say how time travel "works" because it is for the most part a sci fi tool.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Runa216 said:

Have you ever tried to do complicated sparring or gymnastics with long, flowing hair? Ever been in the military? Ever worked with powerful objects such as machines? 

Long hair is a liability. Short hair is functional. She's captain marvel, a superhero and military leader. It would be foolish to desire fashion over function and saying 'she doesn't look as good' is a pretty sexist way of saying that, as a woman, her looks matter more than her skills. you should probably reevaluate your

Are  you trying to parody a Extreme out of his fucking mind typical white Knight sjw , do you know She made a full film in long Hair , do you know this was a Marvel movie with super soldiers, talking racoons, a Thunder God and a purple alien that have a chin that looks like a scrotum(correct me if  scrotum is not written this way  pls) ? Would love the Next movie to BE with the female cast all bald cause the hair gets in the way. Ella from Thor ragnarok with that Helmet and that long Hair ? Idiots i say, who tought it was something like a warrior would use? 

THis spinning and stretching to find something to BE offended must BE tiresome, i bet you was one of those who complained when you Saw cap Marvel Rocking red lipstick in ithe trailers

if i offended you , well , call the cops?

I'm not offended by you, I'm sad for you. Not only did you say something that was frankly devoid of reason, but now you're responding with...this. You really do need to reevaluate your morals if you think me saying 'hey, what you said is pretty sexist' is more offensive than you judging a woman for her looks over her skills. 

I'm saying, on no uncertain terms, that from a functionality standpoint it makes more sense for a character in her position to be designed with short hair in mind because in a fight all that hair would get in the way. In Captain Marvel they even made a very brief joke about how her hair kept getting in her face during a fight. It makes sense for the character, it makes sense for the story, it also makes sense as an adaptation because in the comics she has had both long flowing locks AND a short, succinct hairstyle. 

And in spite of all that, you CHOSE to bitch because she didn't look as pretty. 

I'm not offended, I'm not looking to be offended by anything. I'm just tired of constantly having to educate people like you that you should try not being sexist (or racist, or xenophobic, or homophobic in the cases of many others.) There's a world of difference between "Gasp! What you said upsets me sir and I feel personally attacked" and "Dude, you can't say that and not expect to be criticized for it. Try being a bit less ignorant, mmkay?" 

Grow up. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

@ClassicGamingWizzz 

@Runa216 

aye lads if you don't mind leaving the above discussion outta this thread.I would appreciate it. Take it to pms or make a thread idc just dont be having that here thanks.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 26 April 2019

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

btw, google Thanos and click his glove on the right side of the screen!

Their take on time travel felt like a cheat tbh. Having their cake and eating it too.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not really important though. This movie was never going to be about the details or technicalities, but rather the emotional payoff from concluding this current run of the MCU, as they get ready to hand the baton to a new generation. In that goal, I'd say they succeeded with flying colors. It doesn't matter whether this is a great self contained experience - it's more or less as solid as one could have hoped from a movie juggling as much as it is - what's important is that they stuck the landing. Tony and Cap are forever cemented in movie history.

Props especially to Robert Downey Jr, who once again does all the heavy lifting here from an acting standpoint. The MCU is going to miss him dearly.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Their take on time travel felt like a cheat tbh. Having their cake and eating it too.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not really important though. This movie was never going to be about the details or technicalities, but rather the emotional payoff from concluding this current run of the MCU, as they get ready to hand the baton to a new generation. In that goal, I'd say they succeeded with flying colors. It doesn't matter whether this is a great self contained experience - it's more or less as solid as one could have hoped from a movie juggling as much as it is - what's important is that they stuck the landing. Tony and Cap are forever cemented in movie history.

Props especially to Robert Downey Jr, who once again does all the heavy lifting here from an acting standpoint. The MCU is going to miss him dearly.

aye it was a great end to their stories. Icing on a decade of sweet cake.

The awesome thing about the end of this phase is that I cant wait for that upcoming spidey movie or asGuardians of the Galaxy 3

HHHHHYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE continues, with each good movie I fear that the stinker has to come at some point though... when you're at the top there's only one way to go!

I legit almost cried during that scene when everyone came back.

It was the same emotional high I felt when I saw "Everyone is Here" during that Smash Ultimate trailer except multiplied tenfold.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
I legit almost cried during that scene when everyone came back.

That scene alone made the movie worth it for me. I had many issues with the time-travelling stuff and the power levels and the handling of some characters, but that scene alone made it all worth it.

Within the span of 24 hours I have seen Endgame twice. It blows me away that Marvel manage to pulled this off, this movie was 11 years in the making and having it succeed big time. Giving both Steve and Tony a great ending to their arc's, while setting up some big implications for future films like the 5 year time jump and Thor joining the freaking Guardians of the Galaxy.

Just finished it. I have to say it started off kinda....less than stellar. The time travel stuff seemed a little like cheating and really not that creative. A lot of the dialog and jokes felt less clever than in previous films, too.

From the moment they got all of the Infinity Stones (remember when, in GotG2 it was so amazing that Peter held a stone and lived so he had to be a God?) the movie kicked it into overdrive and didn't look back. It was poetry. I'm sure, given a couple of hours, I could nitpick it all apart but for now, nothing but satisfied. I don't need another Marvel film for a long time.