By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers - Marvel Endgame Discussion - Spoilers

The Fury said:
Vyse_Blue_Rogue said:

So, they could go back, retrieve each stone, then go back 10 minutes and do it again, then repeat and repeat, take them all back to the future, get Stark to make dozens of Infinity Gauntlets for the dozens of each versions of all the stones, give a Gauntlet complete with stones to each Avenger then the Avengers become invincible forever?

Depending on how Marvel (CU) treat time travel, technically, yes. But all 6 gems are too powerful for normal humans to actually use/hold. Of course writers forgot this during certain periods (basically when Hickman threw up on the Avengers and 616). BUT There was a story in 616 not long ago by Bendis (years in reality. :P ) where Kang constantly went back and forward in time to recruit heroes to fight a future version of Ultron. He kept losing and doing it again, meaning in one fight there was loads of instances of slightly different heroes from the same similar timelines and himself over and over. He ended up breaking the continuum, everything was stuck in this instance and time couldn't progress. It was only sorted when the Avengers went to just before the conflict started and convinced Ultron to lose to fix it.

Marvel time travel can be messed up sometimes.

Signalstar said:
The whole thing felt like work. After 22 movies I'm glad to be done. It is a shame I love Spider-Man so much so I will probably see Far From Home. I really want to swear off superhero movies like I swore off fast food last year.

They do need to take a break for a bit. Jumping straight into a new arch might be too much but without a hero to be the front of Marvel, like Tony Stark was, the direction is lost a little. Spiderman isn't an Avenger (not really) he's his own character, better than all of them but needs to be on his own so he stands out.

Which is why the ending of this film is kind of a blessing for Peter, he's not a sidekick. He's Spider-man.

mZuzek said:

It took me all this time to write a response to this, and when I was finally almost done, my phone froze. I'm really annoyed now, you can imagine. So, fuck it, whatever. I guess I'll talk more when I get back to my computer, which... won't be very soon, actually. Sigh.

The direction of Guardians is a bit in the air, isn't it? Obvious they are going after Gamora but now Thor will be the stand out character in what should be a team film. Out of potential sequels to know films they are doing, Guardians is the one I'm most excited for because of potential characters, hero and villains they could do in them. Adam Warlock, Moondragon, Genis-Vell and Quasar. I hope for great things from the series.

Hickman's run on the Avengers was awesome.  I'm not sure when it was ever a rule that there was a strength requirement to wield the gauntlet.  I mean Nebula had it, and she's not all that strong, plus she was literally half dead at the time.  Reed Richards and Iron Man both used it too.  

Around the Network

Finally saw it, managing to avoid bigger spoilers. I thought the plot and pacing were a bit messy. The tropy time heist felt like a step down compared to the drama and stakes of Infinity War. It all came together in the end for a very satisfying third act though, with Cap stealing the show. I think I'd rate the Avengers movies:

1. Avengers
2. Infinity War
3. Endgame
4. Ultron

Looking forward to seeing how they refresh things for the next arc. Lots of windows open now with timelines and the Fox acquisition.

I only come here to say that seeing Captain America raise the Mjolnir was for me the moment I most enjoy the movie. And that this Sunday I'm going to see her for the third time. This time with my mother and my brother

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

And wow, that Scarlet Witch moment with Thanos made me want to see a movie about her in the future and have a key role in the next films to come.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

JWeinCom said:

Hickman's run on the Avengers was awesome.  I'm not sure when it was ever a rule that there was a strength requirement to wield the gauntlet.  I mean Nebula had it, and she's not all that strong, plus she was literally half dead at the time.  Reed Richards and Iron Man both used it too.  

Hickman's run just had no direction and dealt with the Avengers like they were the Justice League, which was not how it should be, introduced New Universe characters in the 616 and then didn't really use them. His first issues was basically Iron Man saying 'We need to get bigger' over and over, like he was five. His Fantastic Four was good but the convergence story was just plain bad and pointless and was like a continuation of that which honestly, whole thing didn't make any sense and changes too much of the MU to fit the story. Of course it didn't help that Bendis was writing X-men at the time wasn't doing the best either and as mainly an X-men reader it hurt to see these characters written badly and without purpose. The only time I true enjoyed Bendis Uncanny X-men was at the every end with Matthew story, dropped New X-men pretty soon after he actually kept the young X-men around, terrible plot. Wood's small run was great on X-men. I'd say for me, Marvel started going bad after Avenger vs X-men. Bendis was writing too many books and they went from hiring award winning writers to hiring their mates.

The Infinity Gauntlet thing is silly, all uses of it by humans are in very modern times. Nebula (is truely Thanos granddaughter) is therefore part Eternal, so can easily handle what the Gauntlet and all 6 gems can provide, Iron Man, Reed and Cap? I doubt it but it's been written otherwise so, who am I to argue. 

EDIT: But most of what I say you should ignore, I'm a disgruntled fanboy who only reads SAGA now. :P

Last edited by The Fury - on 02 May 2019

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
Finally saw it, managing to avoid bigger spoilers. I thought the plot and pacing were a bit messy. The tropy time heist felt like a step down compared to the drama and stakes of Infinity War. It all came together in the end for a very satisfying third act though, with Cap stealing the show. I think I'd rate the Avengers movies:

1. Avengers
2. Infinity War
3. Endgame
4. Ultron

Looking forward to seeing how they refresh things for the next arc. Lots of windows open now with timelines and the Fox acquisition.

Where would you drop Civil War into that mix? Since that is more an Avengers movie than a Captain America movie I feel.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
TallSilhouette said:

1. Avengers
2. Infinity War
3. Endgame
4. Ultron

Where would you drop Civil War into that mix? Since that is more an Avengers movie than a Captain America movie I feel.

Tough to say. I liked it more than some seemed to. Maybe in between Endgame and Ultron. All of them are enjoyable.

The Fury said:
JWeinCom said:

Hickman's run just had no direction and dealt with the Avengers like they were the Justice League, which was not how it should be, introduced New Universe characters in the 616 and then didn't really use them. His first issues was basically Iron Man saying 'We need to get bigger' over and over, like he was five. His Fantastic Four was good but the convergence story was just plain bad and pointless and was like a continuation of that which honestly, whole thing didn't make any sense and changes too much of the MU to fit the story. Of course it didn't help that Bendis was writing X-men at the time wasn't doing the best either and as mainly an X-men reader it hurt to see these characters written badly and without purpose. The only time I true enjoyed Bendis Uncanny X-men was at the every end with Matthew story, dropped New X-men pretty soon after he actually kept the young X-men around, terrible plot. Wood's small run was great on X-men. I'd say for me, Marvel started going bad after Avenger vs X-men. Bendis was writing too many books and they went from hiring award winning writers to hiring their mates.

The Infinity Gauntlet thing is silly, all uses of it by humans are in very modern times. Nebula (is truely Thanos granddaughter) is therefore part Eternal, so can easily handle what the Gauntlet and all 6 gems can provide, Iron Man, Reed and Cap? I doubt it but it's been written otherwise so, who am I to argue. 

EDIT: But most of what I say you should ignore, I'm a disgruntled fanboy who only reads SAGA now. :P

That's the cool thing about comics.  Different writers have different takes on the franchises.  Seeing what a more ambitious and global Avengers would be like was a cool change of the status quo.  And storywise it made sense cause Tony just wanted to set it up so he could deal with the incursions.  

Nebula may have been part eternal, but again she was literally half dead at the time.  She was at that point weaker than the average human.  I simply don't think there was ever any implication in the comics that wielding the infinity gems enacts a physical toll like they do in the movies.

Korg is the best avenger.

Libara said:
Korg is the best avenger.

You know he's there just to half the queue times in his Fortnite games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive