By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apex Legends losing momentum

Yeah, annalists already pointed this out: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4255691-electronic-arts-apex-legends-disappointment-signals-substantial-pain-ahead

This quarter might still be fine for EA due to the initial hype, but the next quarter will be disastrous if nobody is playing Apex or Anthem anymore.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Do updates really keep people playing? I've watched people play Fortnite and wonder how they can stay playing it so much when it changes so much and the core gameplay may be ditched week to week. BR games are wearing thin on me, I enjoy them with friends but don't play them on my own. Apex is no different. I'd say out of the ones I've played I prefer Apex due to the characters and their abilities but I've mostly played Blackout because of my brother who plays nothing but.

Haven't played Apex for a little while though, this isn't to do with Apex, it to do with not having anyone to play with or playing more single player games instead (thinking of giving Horizon another play through).

Well looking at my kids, they spend more time waiting for updates to download and waiting for the game to load while listening to spotify. They're nor player Apex anymore though, mostly playground in fortnite with school friends.

No problem, just get your staff to work overtime, and without extra pay!, It worked for Epic Games, and no one seems to be ragging them for doing that, so it must be okay.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The battle pass really sucked. I'm waiting for next seasons pass.

Of course it is. Staying power lies, for the most part, in demographics.

Apex's aesthetic draws in a more mature crowd who buys new games regularly because they have jobs.

Fortnite's aesthetic draws in everyone, most notably kids without jobs who want a free game.

It's not rocket science. It's just how different demographics tend to behave.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Considering how bad their battle pass was, I'm not particularly surprised. The constant crashing is what lead me to stop playing. Lots of fun when the game does work.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Considering how bad their battle pass was, I'm not particularly surprised. The constant crashing is what lead me to stop playing. Lots of fun when the game does work.

I played it alot the last weeks and it neverr crushed

Jigsawx1 said:
outlawauron said:

Console or pc? Apparently quite a few crashes on pc. Borderline none on console.

I've had disconnects on xbox. Never a crash though. There is an odd audio bug though when I seem to hot drop and a few other squads land close. Skulltown, mostly... Lol.

ironmanDX said:
Jigsawx1 said:

Console or pc? Apparently quite a few crashes on pc. Borderline none on console.

I've had disconnects on xbox. Never a crash though. There is an odd audio bug though when I seem to hot drop and a few other squads land close. Skulltown, mostly... Lol.

I've only played on PC. I'd have a complete crash to desktop once every 3-4 games without fail. Sometimes more often.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ironmanDX said:

I've only played on PC. I'd have a complete crash to desktop once every 3-4 games without fail. Sometimes more often.

I've played over 1500 games in total on ps4. Not a single crash yet.